Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My line reads:
    export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20
    /home/pi/fr24feed_x86_240 --fr24key=my.key.here --bs-ip=192.168.0.188 > /tmp/fr24feed.log &

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi all,

Please could you tell me if I require a separate Sharing Key for the FR24 Feeder if I wish to use two setups on two separate computers and wish to upload both sets of data to FR24?

Also, is there an update on when Radars prefixed T- Windows based systems will be able to see their stats on the Premium page?

T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
      Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• Hi Responder,
        From what I've heard, it's OK to use your key again when you have another system. Or when you have a live system and want to test something on another system. But when you permanently run two setups, best is to send a mail to the FR24 guys, just so they know about it and van advise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Responder View Post
          Hi all,

Please could you tell me if I require a separate Sharing Key for the FR24 Feeder if I wish to use two setups on two separate computers and wish to upload both sets of data to FR24?

Also, is there an update on when Radars prefixed T- Windows based systems will be able to see their stats on the Premium page?

You can use virtual radar to merge both radars and then to feed with single FR24 key from one comp.
          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Why are you giving it an IP?
            Are you trying to fetch remote results? Are you sure the targets aren't locally on your raspberry pi?
            If so, make sure you have the proper ports opened and forwarded.
            Otherwise, remove this argument.

(Also, why are you sharing your key with everyone?)[/QUOTE]

The provider gives me a static IP. Provider dont have a option to give me DHCP or local IP. To make it local & DHCP, i think i need to put an Ethernet router. I will crosscheck if the port opened or not.

I have edited, but the key still visible in your quote, please edit if possible.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
              Hi there. Please edit your posts and remove your feeder key.
              Your PI should have a local LAN IP address, like 192.168.0.11 You should use that IP in your --bs-ip= line. When you use the Internet IP (83.140.247.20) you must open ports on your firewall / router, which makes things more difficult.

The provider gives me a static IP. Provider dont have a option to give me DHCP or local IP. To make it local & DHCP, i think i need to put an Ethernet router. I will crosscheck if the port opened or not.

Comment

Hi Responder,
                From what I've heard, it's OK to use your key again when you have another system. Or when you have a live system and want to test something on another system. But when you permanently run two setups, best is to send a mail to the FR24 guys, just so they know about it and van advise.
                Thanks HermanZA, I have emailed FR24 team to look into this.
                Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-04-27, 09:46. Reason: Quatation fixed
                T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
                Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                  You can use virtual radar to merge both radars and then to feed with single FR24 key from one comp.
                  Thanks Amper. Ive tried that but it uses to much resources on the PC when writing the database file and slows everything down.
                  T-EGBB16

Comment

• For test purposes I use two completely separate rigs with the same key.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                      For test purposes I use two completely separate rigs with the same key.
                      Thanks Peter but I wanted to use them at the same time but a reply from Mike just now said that only one feed to be operating at any one time.

I was reading your 12-page "how to build a raspberry pi" lastnight and I kinda got a headache after page 4 but I know a lot of people are using them now.

It's the same old story, in that whilst I am tracking 80+ aircraft and Feeding 40+ to FR24, I only see probably 2 or 3 planes of mine on the map for a maximum of 5 seconds. Yet, if I apply your Radar ID to the filter. I can see as many as 15 planes on the map at the same time for 5 or more minutes.

Whilst we have a similar setup, I imagine the difference being your Raspberry Pi and I don't have the brain power and time to attempt to construct something like that and I'm certainly not forking out 625 Euros for a RadarCape :-o
                      T-EGBB16

Comment

• Don't fear Responder. As long as Peter is around, good advise is akways close by. Will also try and help when you get stuck.

Comment

Don't fear Responder. As long as Peter is around, good advise is akways close by. Will also try and help when you get stuck.
                          Thanks HermanZA,

I was also trying to Feed FR24 using VRS and whilst I set the Rebroadcast server using 30003, it wouldn't work due to RTL1090 also using the same port and VRS doesn't work without RTL1090.

I'm trying to establish a way of increasing my Feed to FR24. Currently, I am tracking 96 aircraft, Feeding FR24 43 aircraft but only 1 or 2 eventually get seen on the Premium map with my Radar ID but only last for 5 seconds before they disappear. Whereas some people who are using the Raspberry Pi, are achieving far more on the map and for much longer duration.
                          T-EGBB16

Comment

• From my Pi, I feed the FR24 feeder app, and then have another port or two where I send data to VRS, ADSBScope and a few other apps. Drop me a mail, then I'll elaborate more, not clogging up the forum with what and how I do things. Fakm@ eons.co .za

Comment

Thanks Peter but I wanted to use them at the same time but a reply from Mike just now said that only one feed to be operating at any one time.

I was reading your 12-page "how to build a raspberry pi" lastnight and I kinda got a headache after page 4 but I know a lot of people are using them now.

It's the same old story, in that whilst I am tracking 80+ aircraft and Feeding 40+ to FR24, I only see probably 2 or 3 planes of mine on the map for a maximum of 5 seconds. Yet, if I apply your Radar ID to the filter. I can see as many as 15 planes on the map at the same time for 5 or more minutes.

Whilst we have a similar setup, I imagine the difference being your Raspberry Pi and I don't have the brain power and time to attempt to construct something like that and I'm certainly not forking out 625 Euros for a RadarCape :-o
                              The full guide is if you want to build from scratch - then follow it doing one step at a time and it makes sense.

The easy way is to take the image and drop your feeder key into the fr24.sh script ... and your ready to go.

As for how many rigs to use at once on one key - I applied for a second key and why, the reply from support was to use the same one if I was feeding from the same place...

Comment

Thanks HermanZA,

I was also trying to Feed FR24 using VRS and whilst I set the Rebroadcast server using 30003, it wouldn't work due to RTL1090 also using the same port and VRS doesn't work without RTL1090.

I'm trying to establish a way of increasing my Feed to FR24. Currently, I am tracking 96 aircraft, Feeding FR24 43 aircraft but only 1 or 2 eventually get seen on the Premium map with my Radar ID but only last for 5 seconds before they disappear. Whereas some people who are using the Raspberry Pi, are achieving far more on the map and for much longer duration.
                                You can use default port on RTL1090 (31001) if you want to merge feeds in VRS, then set up that port in VRS for radars, and 30003 for rebroadcast server that will feed FR24 software
                                For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Working...
                                X