Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FR24support View Post
    As explained in all the emails you have received about your application, please contact Support@FR24.com for help and advice with your installation.
    Thanks I will keep that in mind if anything needs to change. Just joining in a bit of friendly public discussion for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by digiblur View Post
      Just joining in a bit of friendly public discussion for now.
      You're asking questions about the installation of our receiver which you should address to Support.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR24support View Post
        You're asking questions about the installation of our receiver which you should address to Support.
        Why the attacks? Can we not discuss installations of any kind? I will make sure and speak of only the additional installation locations and equipment with others.

Comment

• Originally posted by digiblur View Post
          As to not clog up the new feeder spotted thread..

F-KBTR1 running here.

I temporarily have the box in my attic the due to being a bit short on wire length. Change of plans and now I am looking for some water tight outdoor enclosures to mount under my eave. What's the hottest the receiver can get? Been watching on my status page I believe I saw it in the 60s during the day but the summer isn't here yet.

Then that brings up my second thing.. I probably won't need about 3m of the antenna cable. Would it make a big enough of a difference getting a shorting cable?
          FR24 monitor a few parameters including the receiver's temperature remotely.

A NEMA/PVC box is the choice for an installation outdoors. A few hosts do it that way, to keep cable length short/to the maximum of 10m cable length.

Getting a short cable is good, you reduce your loses. Have a look around for good quality coax cables examples like LMR400/westflex103. A shorter H155 cable is ok too if you want something cheaper. Good luck.
          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-13, 03:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
            Quite a hassle if Sirim & Customs are involved. Anyway, I have applied to FR24 for their box. Lets see if they approve first before worrying about import procedures.
            Your neighbours are still down d'oh.

FR24 seems to be sending quite a bit of receivers to Malaysia (latest to Ipoh) and Southern Thailand, and with you position of so many a/c passing by at the east coast of Semenanjung think you have a good chance to get approved. I miss T-WMKN1's feed which is so good, all the way to just south of Ca Mau!

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
              FR24 monitor a few parameters including the receiver's temperature remotely.

A NEMA/PVC box is the choice for an installation outdoors. A few hosts do it that way, to keep cable length short/to the maximum of 10m cable length.

Getting a short cable is good, you reduce your loses. Have a look around for good quality coax cables examples like LMR400/westflex103. A shorter H155 cable is ok too if you want something cheaper. Good luck.
              Thanks I will check into those boxes to see what I can get locally and be secure.

Not going to change the coax as I prefer to stick to their design. I will look at those for another installation though.

Comment

• Do you need anything like this http://www.tetech.com/Air-Coolers.html for the enclosure - not at those prices though
                ... a big heatsink to collect heat inside the box attached through the box to a big heatsink on the outside using thermally conductive bolts all holes sealed with silicon or or something?

Comment

Your neighbours are still down d'oh.

FR24 seems to be sending quite a bit of receivers to Malaysia (latest to Ipoh) and Southern Thailand, and with you position of so many a/c passing by at the east coast of Semenanjung think you have a good chance to get approved. I miss T-WMKN1's feed which is so good, all the way to just south of Ca Mau!
                  Just noticed that F-WMKC is back on line. I am under a major airways intersection with VPN just some miles away. Should be able to track up to Pulau Natuna or beyond.

Comment

Just noticed that F-WMKC is back on line. I am under a major airways intersection with VPN just some miles away. Should be able to track up to Pulau Natuna or beyond.
                    Yup I noticed too that F-WMKC1 is back.

Where is Victor Papa November? I had a look at skyvector but can't find it. I did see Victor Kilo November.

Comment

Yup I noticed too that F-WMKC1 is back.

Where is Victor Papa November? I had a look at skyvector but can't find it. I did see Victor Kilo November.
                      Apologies, apologies. should be VPK.

Comment

Apologies, apologies. should be VPK.
                        ah right ok. Yup it's definitely a busy airway. Hope you hear from the team about your application then. Whilst I hope paperworks for the receiver at my end will be sorted by this week. Probably soon we can have a thread called Malaysia Radar with the amount of F-feeders around Malaysia.

Comment

ah right ok. Yup it's definitely a busy airway. Hope you hear from the team about your application then. Whilst I hope paperworks for the receiver at my end will be sorted by this week. Probably soon we can have a thread called Malaysia Radar with the amount of F-feeders around Malaysia.
                          Good idea. Malaysia Radar. Notice Ipoh and Penang are on the air.

Comment

Good idea. Malaysia Radar. Notice Ipoh and Penang are on the air.
                            Yup, the west coast and northern Malaysia/Sourthern Thailand is getting quite a decent coverage. MLAT might be can go on trial there after maybe a few more being sent to there. Will start that thread when the support is there ha.

Comment

• Good morning FR24 feeders, F-WMSA3 checking in

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruth View Post
                                Good morning FR24 feeders, F-WMSA3 checking in
                                Hi Ruth,

Good morning to you too. hoping to be one of the feeders soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X