Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    FR24 coverage expansion continues. I don't think that we ever had so many different countries in one weeks shipping list before.

One of the USA receivers will be installed in Mexico.
    Please can you tell me where is it being shipped to in Malaysia and Philippines?

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
      http://www.flightradar24.com/dvbt-stick here you have all info, feel free to contact me on skype for faster setup
      Like. Nice one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        New FR24 receivers

F-WRRW2 activated in Waingapu, Indonesia
        Good news hope to have good range like the missing F-WRRW1.

Note added: F-WRRW2's range is not bad! good to have coverage back at Waingapu! thanks!
        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-03-30, 10:48.

Comment

• Been tracking the FR24 daily that is shipped to me, guess customs is playing with it for now. Anxious to get it installed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
            So it will this upcoming weekend. If tests show good progress i will submit another receiver request or a move my current receiver request.
            Or leave it as it is, whatever the FR24 peeps prefer!
            Well that was easy. 40 or 80 meters, doesn't make much difference at all. Heck, even my current location does better on ground level and signals from the north sea.
            So no plans of doing more testing or moving my current receiver. My offer to install more receivers if needed will always stand, but i think The Netherlands are well covered around Schiphol now.

So.... when testing ADS-B on a 80 meter high tower, something really awesome happened:

Look how long it stays this low!! Usually planes are told to climb FL50 or FL60 and max FL130 from the TMA, but never have i seen a plane this low! I was standing on the tower when it happened, about to leave, so the camera was already tucked away. But man did that look cool! Gladly for FR24 we have record of this and i will make a screenshot to keep it remembered!

Comment

• Originally posted by digiblur View Post
              Been tracking the FR24 daily that is shipped to me, guess customs is playing with it for now. Anxious to get it installed!
              Mine's also held by customs... guess I will need to wait for the customs card and then go and pay to collect the shipment.

Comment

Well that was easy. 40 or 80 meters, doesn't make much difference at all. Heck, even my current location does better on ground level and signals from the north sea.
                So no plans of doing more testing or moving my current receiver. My offer to install more receivers if needed will always stand, but i think The Netherlands are well covered around Schiphol now.

So.... when testing ADS-B on a 80 meter high tower, something really awesome happened:

Look how long it stays this low!! Usually planes are told to climb FL50 or FL60 and max FL130 from the TMA, but never have i seen a plane this low! I was standing on the tower when it happened, about to leave, so the camera was already tucked away. But man did that look cool! Gladly for FR24 we have record of this and i will make a screenshot to keep it remembered!
                http://x264.nl/dump/cpa270-2014-03-29-low-departure.jpg
                Interesting finding. That would mean line of sight for ads-b receiving is the most important. Any chance the equipment you used for the test also influenced the results? Or was the finding of the test alike with your F-receiver coverage?
                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-03-29, 23:42.

Comment

• North Borneo Radar,

rtlsdr mini + adsb# + the ads-b antenna gp shows similar results as the fr24 receiver+antenna.
                  I had about 250 nmi range today with testing. But weather is also of influence.
                  Just a few moments ago with my fr24 setup: http://x264.nl/dump/vrs-2014-03-29-273nmi.jpg (yes, even though reported down, raw feed still works)
                  Last edited by Jarod; 2014-03-30, 17:08. Reason: edited post, moved contents to proper forum post

Comment

North Borneo Radar,

rtlsdr mini + adsb# + the ads-b antenna gp shows similar results as the fr24 receiver+antenna.
                    I had about 250 nmi range today with testing. But weather is also of influence.
                    Just a few moments ago with my fr24 setup: http://x264.nl/dump/vrs-2014-03-29-273nmi.jpg (yes, even though reported down, raw feed still works)
                    Ok thanks Jarod. This confirms line of sight is most important then. Now if only I could find a better location for my soon to arrive FR24 receiver... it's so hard.

Comment

• Are you saying people uploading from the N-xxxx network will also be going away soon?
                      Just like the feeders uploading from the Planeplotter sharing option on the PP software.

This shouldn't affect people that's uploading as T-xxxx using (SBS,Beast,Radarcape,Radarbox,DVB-T Stick,etc) ?

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      T-PP1 is planeplotter uploading feeders that do not have the standalone app.
                      And yes, has been known to cause trouble in other areas.
                      Should see it less and less as the FR24 moves to their own feeder base instead of relying on many other networks also contributing
                      Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-03-30, 22:37.
                      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                        Are you saying people uploading from the N-xxxx network will also be going away soon?
                        Just like the feeders uploading from the Planeplotter sharing option on the PP software.

This shouldn't affect people that's uploading as T-xxxx using (SBS,Beast,Radarcape,Radarbox,DVB-T Stick,etc) ?
                        Certainly don't know if its in any defining plans or going that way on an official basis, no...

Basing my observation on previous complaints of bad data in the EU region, quickly stopped by the admins at power setting up something to ignore those feeds

One can only but assume if something else is jepordising the quality of data shown on the site and they have ability to chose their own over other shared network input, I suspect the fix will be to stop it in the tracks in that region/area
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Dear All,

i am tracking our airport(DAC) from my home window. and few minutes ago i found a very high altitude Luxurious Gulfstream G5 plane in FR24. This plane came from Kualalampur to Dhaka(DAC)

IMG_20140330_175414.jpgGLF5.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                            Mine's also held by customs... guess I will need to wait for the customs card and then go and pay to collect the shipment.
                            Hi Orang Sabah,

Has your FR24 being released by Customs? How much tax did you have to pay or is it even allowed into the country? I am in the East Coast below WMKN and have thought of hosting/applying for one but am worried about the taxes etc....

Comment

• 1090 MHz Propagation: http://x264.nl/dump/vrs-2014-03-31-294nmi.jpg

( http://aprs.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/ confirms it a bit. )

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                                Hi Orang Sabah,

Has your FR24 being released by Customs? How much tax did you have to pay or is it even allowed into the country? I am in the East Coast below WMKN and have thought of hosting/applying for one but am worried about the taxes etc....
                                Hello Orang Terengganu@Limpost,

Nothing yet as of now from the post. I will update once things are sorted. T-WMKN1 is doing a very good job covering the South China Sea, hope he/she is aware of the host equipment offer. There are 5 FR24 receivers in Malaysia, so hopefully customs wont turn it back. Most likely need to pay customs tax... we will know soon how much.

In the mean time maybe you can consider getting a raspberry pi + dongle setup with a good antenna to try?
                                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-01, 02:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X