Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by equi View Post
    Hi Malcolm,

did you installed a startup Script ? Maybe your Pi is Online, but the FR24 Feed is not running. Did you installed a SSH and a DNS Updater for remote Access ?

Merry X-Mas,

Norman
    Thanks Norman, Yes I copied my set up which is running in the UK just now, substituting my DGAA1 key instead. But I'm stymied for now, had my Laptop, Phone and Kindle stolen as a Christmas present so cant do any work for the timebeing.
    Regards from a very ticked-off Malcolm

Comment

• Hi All,

I am a newcomer to this forum and sort of to racking flights to, I had the flight aware running for a few days, but wanted to try out the fr24, I am not a linux expert but I am trying.
      I tried earlier this evening to set up my raspberry pi as a feeder to flightradar24, but I ran into a few issues, not sure if this post here is the right one top post in, but if not please forgive and and direct me to the right forum.

Problem !, I used the setup wizard and apparently made a few wrong entries, now I need to edit the info given but the setup wizard will not allow me to re-run the setup, so I wonder where and which file do I need to edit?

Problem 2, where can I find a better guid than the pdf file I downloaded that describes the settings required by the setup wizard? As I mentioned I use raspberry pi with a dongle and I downloaded the latest version of the fr24feed for debian (raspbian).

Help is much appreciated!

Cheers Steen

Comment

• Hi Steen,

1.) You have two ways to re-configure your Setup. You can access the configuration through the Webinterface, it is the IP of your Pi and as Port 8754 . Or you can edit the ini file via "sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini" (without "").

2.) I don't know about any other Guides, sorry...
        Regards,
        T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
        Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Hello equi!

Thanks so much for your reply.

The configuration file looks like this:

Setting Config file Live setting Comment
          Sharing key: 6367d6d93b4875e4 6367d6d93b4875e4 [16 characters]
          Receiver: DVBT Stick avr-tcp
          Host/IP: 192.168.nnn.nnn:3001 192.168.nnn.nnn:30001 [192.168.10.1:10000,localhost:30334]
          COM/DEV/PATH: n/a [/dev/ttyUSB0, COM8, /usr/bin/dump1090]
          Process arguments: [Extra arguments for dump1090, ex --net-http-port 8080 ]
          Baudrate: default [COM/DEV only]
          RAW data (30002/30334): yes Enable/Disable raw data stream on port 30002(dvbt) or 30334(other)
          Decoded data (30003): yes Enable/Disable decoded data stream on port 30003
          Logfile mode: Disabled 2 (Linux Only)
          Window mode: (Windows Only, when already configured!)

I guess I made a few mistakes:

1: Maybe the Receiver should be "MicroADSB"? My radio is a USB stick attached to a USB port on the Raspberry PI
          2: Maybe the Host/IP Port is wong?
          3) How about Process? Must I somehow install Dump1090?

Cheers Steen
          Last edited by seh2000; 2014-12-31, 11:07. Reason: Removed quote

Comment

• Remove the Key asap mate

1.) No, if you have a Dongle try to use dvbt-mr. It is slightly better than the "normal". Why do you have Host IPs ? leave it blank.
            2.) See above (leave the IPs blank)
            3.) The .deb File brings Dump1090 to your Pi at the Installation, so there is no need to install it. The process is actually "a service". If you have htop installed, you can see them
            Last edited by equi; 2014-12-31, 11:20.
            Regards,
            T-EDDE7

Comment

• Hello T-EDDE7,

Thanks for the clarifications!

I now get:

Updated: 07:34:39 GMT-0430 (VET)

FR24 Link: Connected via UDP
              FR24 Radar Code: T-SVBC1
              Aircraft Tracked (ModeS & ADS-B): 2
              Aircraft Uploaded: 1
              Receiver: dvbt-mr, Connected

Guess that means I am on the right track!?

But I did not remove the key, why is that needed?

Sorry for asking too many questions, but what is HTOP and how can I see the airplanes I am tracking, with flightaware it was easy IP address + port 8080 and I got a nice map showing my position and the tracked planes.

Cheers Steen

Comment

• The Key is like your Bank PIN (more or less).

That looks good in my eyes, you can access Dump when you add "--net-http-port 8080" to your "Process arguments" sections in the ini file.

HTOP is your Taskmanager in Linux where you can see how long a Program runs, free Memory etc...
                Regards,
                T-EDDE7

Comment

• Got it, I should not have shown the Key here, my mistake!!!

I changed from LAN to WLAN installed the Raspberry PI outside and the small antenna that came with the receiver dongle.

So far good - I think:

pi@(none) ~ $ service fr24feed status
                  [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                  [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2014-12-31 12:53:58.
                  [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                  [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-SVBC1.
                  [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 3.
                  [ ok ] Receiver: connected ( MSGS/ SYNC).

But the added process parameter > --net-http-port 8080 will not allow me access, I added the parameter as it is (--net-http-port 8080) and use the IP of the box 192.168.nn.nnn:8080 - what did I do wrong?

Got it in regard to HTOP, will install when the feed and access is done.

Cheers Steen

Comment

• Originally posted by seh2000 View Post
                    I added the parameter as it is (--net-http-port 8080)
                    It must be "--net --net-http-port" with a space between "--net and --net-http-port".Otherwise it won't work, but that was my fault - sorry for that
                    Regards,
                    T-EDDE7

Comment

• No good, still same and from the following screenshots something is for sure not right.

Cheers Steen
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I told you to remove the Host IP if you feed directly from your Pi
                        Regards,
                        T-EDDE7

Comment

• With or without IP in Host/IP still the same IP address of box + :8080 produce only the error "Failed to Open page" I tried with both the Safari and Firefox browsers, the setting --net-http-port 8080 with and without --net in front.

Wonder if I need to edit (somehow) dump1090 directly?

Comment

• Remove the IP entry in the ini File and add the --net entry. However,you van try to start dump1090 directly with the parameters in the telnet Session. I will post you my settings tomorrow
                            Regards,
                            T-EDDE7

Comment

• Just made a fresh install using up to date Dump1090 and FR24 RPi 242 versions along with the latest Raspian and have a strange problem - all runs fine when I run /home/pi/fr24.sh from a login on putty, but if I reboot the Pi it doesn't seem to run fr24.sh from boot - I put the command chmod +x fr24.sh in as directed but it just will not run on power up
                              Anyone got any ideas please ?

Thanks

John
                              T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

• John,
                                put your Script in /etc/rc.local . Your Script will run on sSystem startup, here you have some more Informations http://raspberrywebserver.com/server...-start-up.html
                                Regards,
                                T-EDDE7

Comment

Working...
                                X