No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi type B + DVB-T Dongle to feed FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the fr24.com web page, clicl 'Premium' (left side of the screen) > login> click 'youraccount' > more info

for flightaware go to http://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/yourusername

Comment

• I must be dumb or something ? When I click Your Account it just tells me I'm online and the last upload time along with links to radar view and a list of all apps available. Where is "More Info"

Account status: Active until October 30, 2014.
      Subscription: As a ADS-B data feeder to the Flightradar24 network, you don't need a subscription, you get access to Premium for free as long as you feed data.

Your feeds

Radar: T-EGMC14 Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2014-10-23 19:17:12
      T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

• Your feeds
        Radar: T-EGBB19 Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2014-10-23 20:02:29 More info

ahh, but you need to be running linux feeder 241 or later ... not sure what the windows feeder requirement is for stats (maybe the new feeder)

Comment

• Hi guys,

my Pi was running really a long time without problems,yesterday i had to turn off the power in the room were it is installed......when turning the power on again ... it was dead

Today i installed the complete PI again...but when i try to run dump1090 i only get the line:

Hex Mode Sqwk Flight Alt Spd Hdg Lat Long Sig Msgs Ti|

repeating again and again and again ...

i started it with this command:

root@raspberrypi:~/dump1090# ./dump1090 --interactive --net
          Found 1 device(s):
          0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001 (currently selected)
          Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
          Max available gain is: 49.60
          Setting gain to: 49.60
          Exact sample rate is: 2000000.052982 Hz
          Gain reported by device: 49.60
          Hex Mode Sqwk Flight Alt Spd Hdg Lat Long Sig Msgs Ti|

Im a bit confused about the Sample Rate, not sure, but shouldnt it be 1090 Mhz for ADS-B and where can i change it ??

Thanks in Advance !
          near HAM // F-EDDH1 FR24 Box // T-EDDH14 Raspberry Pi - DVB-T Dongle

Comment

• Hi Guys,

my RaspPi was running really good, but on Saturday i had to turn the power off in that room.
            Im afraid that something really went wrong when,because my Pi was offline after that.

On the SD-Card i only had the 'normal' NOOBS Stuff ... no FR-Stuff anymore ??

Well, yesterday i tried to install it all again, was ok so far .. but when i type rtl_test -t

rtl_test -t
            Found 1 device(s):
            0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001

Using device 0: Generic RTL2832U OEM
            Supported gain values (29): 0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 16.6 19.7 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 44.5 48.0 49.6
            Sampling at 2048000 S/s.
            No E4000 tuner found, aborting.

and when i try to start dump1090 i get the "Hex Mode Sqwk Flight Alt Spd Hdg Lat Long Sig Msgs Ti-" lines ... repeating again and again ...

./dump1090 --interactive --net
            0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001 (currently selected)
            Max available gain is: 49.60
            Setting gain to: 49.60
            Exact sample rate is: 2000000.052982 Hz
            Gain reported by device: 49.60
            Hex Mode Sqwk Flight Alt Spd Hdg Lat Long Sig Msgs Ti/
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Hex Mode Sqwk Flight Alt Spd Hdg Lat Long Sig Msgs Ti-
            Hex Mode Sqwk Flight Alt Spd Hdg Lat Long Sig Msgs Ti-

Any Ideas anyone please ??

Thanks in advance !
            Last edited by Lorsde; 2014-10-27, 15:27.
            near HAM // F-EDDH1 FR24 Box // T-EDDH14 Raspberry Pi - DVB-T Dongle

Comment

• No 'planes nearby, Antenna is in the cellar and can't get any signals - put it outside the window.

dongle broken

Comment

• My RPi always gives me grief if the power is cut off without properly shutting down first. I always find a complete format of the SD card with SDFormatter and then burn the img file you took as a backup (you did take one didn't you ?) normally makes everything work ok. Maybe you are unlucky and the dongle is U/S but it seems to be giving the correct responses.

John
                T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

• Originally posted by milair View Post
                  My RPi always gives me grief if the power is cut off without properly shutting down first. I always find a complete format of the SD card with SDFormatter and then burn the img file you took as a backup (you did take one didn't you ?) normally makes everything work ok. Maybe you are unlucky and the dongle is U/S but it seems to be giving the correct responses.

John
                  Mine always works fine even after it's been unplugged without ceremony so the lawn can be mowed.

Do you write anything to the file system while it's running?

Recording stuff in /tmp apparently writes it to memory, but writing it elsewhere writes it to the SD card and there could be inconsistent disc areas where updates are pending.

(just wondering if such files could be written to a USB memory stick)

Comment

• New dump1090 version from MalcolmRobb with small changes.

*** Add flightradar24.com link
                    *** Center "Distance from Site" for Selected Plane
                    *** Add Distance to Table Info
                    | T-EDDB8 |T-EDDB28 | Virtual Radar | Dump1090 | ModesMixer2 |

Comment

• Originally posted by papasven View Post
                      New dump1090 version from MalcolmRobb with small changes.

*** Add flightradar24.com link
                      *** Center "Distance from Site" for Selected Plane
                      *** Add Distance to Table Info
                      and distance rings ...I suppose tou really do have to give it your latitude and longitude to get those...

Comment

• I've been contributing to FR24 for many months now from Milton Keynes area using a small laptop while I have been abroad. The antenna can see flights (at altitude) as far as the Lake district and Channel Islands. I want to convert to a RPi and many months ago before I traveled I got a +B running and displaying flights locally but could not get it to feed the network. I've returned to UK and trying to complete the project but Crapatalk - sorry Tapatalk - cannot see the FR24 Forums any more and I'm having difficulty in ploughing through on Windows to find relevant files. Is there a Post somewhere that has links to all up-to-date files and info please. And is there anyone within driving distance of Milton Keynes that I could meet and allow me to pick brains.
                        EGGW26 and temporarily DGAA1

Comment

• I've been contributing to FR24 for many months now from Milton Keynes area using a small laptop while I have been abroad. The antenna can see flights (at altitude) as far as the Lake district and Channel Islands. I want to convert to a RPi and many months ago before I traveled I got a +B running and displaying flights locally but could not get it to feed the network. I've returned to UK and trying to complete the project but Crapatalk - sorry Tapatalk - cannot see the FR24 Forums any more and I'm having difficulty in ploughing through on Windows to find relevant files. Is there a Post somewhere that has links to all up-to-date files and info please. And is there anyone within driving distance of Milton Keynes that I could meet and allow me to pick brains.
                          EGGW26 and temporarily DGAA1

Comment

• What are you experiencing? And what location coordinates do you have in the feeder account? Are they for Milton Keynes?
                            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Yes, I'm currently feeding with an Aspire One laptop from Stony Stratford in Northern MK. I also fed from Ghana under DGAA1 for a couple of months while I was there. I have yet to resurrect and rebuild the RPi project to leave running at MK.

Comment

• Thanks.

Did you have a different feeder account when you were in Ghana? It's important that the feeder account uses the correct coordinates for the receiver location.

What exactly are you experiencing?
                                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X