Raspberry Pi type B + DVB-T Dongle to feed FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

It is possible to configure the wireless network?

I already have the raspberry PI with the operating system, but in post 8 indicates that the connection must be wired to the router

Using the Raspberry Pi

1. Connect IP

2. Monitor (I used an HD TV + HDMI cable)

3. USB keyboard,

4. The Internet connection (wired)

5. SD card into the IP

6. Monitor Power on

7. Power on Pi

8. Watch it boot

9. Logging onto the pi with

username: root

Password: raspberry

Or in this step must be cable and later by wirelless?

Comment

• No, you are free to use WIFI if you like - I've not used it that way and have no experience of setting it up to do WIFI

It's easiest to get the system working with wired connections (keyboard, screen, internet) - especially if you are just starting with linux, once you are comfortable simplify it - it just needs power, an antenna connection and a network connection

on 9: Try using putty from a windows PC - if it doesn't work, try with keyboard and monitor since that will show you what's really happening.

-----

The other way of looking at this is do you run a windows PC headless (no monitor, keyboard, mouse - just with remote access - even when setting it up)?

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        I've not used it that way and have no experience of setting it up to do WIFI

right, but I can install any operating system on raspberry and not this?

After the Debian Wheezy armel image I made a new one based on Raspbian armhf. This one is compiled with hard float support, so basically floating point ope

I have installed this RASPBIAN "Wheezy" and then you can configure the wireless network with this tutorial

O Raspberry Pi é um dos mini PCs mais populares e potentes, que tem servido de base a muitos projectos interessantes (pode consultar os projectos na página do projecto aqui). Este mini equipamento, do...

Comment

• good afternoon

I have some questions

Raspbian now installed and now I intend for the image-pi-fr24feeder 20140227que are about 970mb

Now the question is

How can I insert the sd card raspberry without damaging the boot I have there?

The image indicates that win32disk to copy the image can become corrupt boot

Comment

• The reason I used minimal is that full rasperian includes drivers for the dongle to make it work as a TV receiver, these drivers need to be disabled before rtl1090 / dump1090 will work. There may be tips here http://wiki.glidernet.org/wiki:raspb...i-installation about "Prevent some kernel modules to lock the use of USB DVB-T stick"

the question of "How can I insert the sd card raspberry without damaging the boot I have there?"

I just use win32disk to copy the images, then dismount / eject the drive letter afterwards to ensure the write has completed.

Oh, I've just understood what you mean ... the image pi-fr24feeder-20140227 will overwrite whatever is on the SD card destroying previous content. It is Rasbarian + dump1090 + (the old) feeder, just needs you to add your sharing key. It only needs a 1GB card ... so if you have something of that size or slightly bigger that you don't want to use in your camera - use that. Save your present working SD card somewhere in case you need it again.

The beauty of using a Pi is that if you have a working image and you want to try something else, then use a different SD card.

On the question of WiFi - I use powerline adaptors to pass network traffic over the building power cabling, see http://www.amazon.de/TP-Link-TL-PA41...ords=powerline
            Last edited by peterhr; 2014-07-13, 15:25.

Comment

• ok, I appreciate all the help given.

I'll make a video with my difficulties and post here tomorrow, so it may be because it helps me in the difficulties that have

Comment

• Olá mais uma vez

A partir daqui é que estou com muitas duvidas

Ainda não pus o dongle e o cabo de rede para já

Que username ou password ponho?

O cartão apenas tem o ficheiro pi-fr24feeder-20140227

Estou a ter o procedimento correcto?

Obrigado

Peço desculpa pela tradução, a tradução é feita pelo google

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again

From here is that I am with many questions

Not yet put the dongle and network cable for now

I put that username or password?

The card only has the file pi-fr24feeder-20140227

I'm having the correct procedure?

Thank you

Sorry for the translation, the translation is done by google

Video:

Comment

• Looks good

connect to the network

login with
                  Username : root
                  Password : raspberry

do ifconfig
                  eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:56:AC:53:5C
                  inet addr:192.168.0.23 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
                  inet6 addr: fe80::250:56ff:feac:535c/64 Scope:Link
                  UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

Write down the info in red - you may want to use it to set up a DHCP reservation on your router

Once the Pi is on a known fixed IP address, you no longer need the monitor & keyboard - you can use putty to access it.

connect everything

once logged in edit the fr24.sh file to enter your own feeder key

do ./fr24.sh and you should have a working system

Comment

• Redesign for barebones Raspberry Pi computer

A new version of the Raspberry Pi barebones computer, called the B+, is to go on sale.

Comment

• good afternoon

I've got to run but now we just need to enter the key

How to insert the key?

I already have the key

Sem Título.jpg

Comment

• Insert it into the sh script. Read the manual from #8.

Comment

• I'm reading the manual many times but I can not understand how to insert the key that I have

I´m sorry
                          Last edited by ptruicp; 2014-07-14, 16:30.

Comment

• Read this -> https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Tg&usp=sharing
                            Under Shell script to run the software page 7&8/12, you have the dummy fs24 feeder key "01234567890abcdef". Replace it with your own.

Comment

• Hello

I think I've got

But it was difficult

But thanks for your help peterhr loplo

already gives the FR24 as online

Tomorrow I see the statistics in premium FR24

Comment

• Welcome to the club.

Comment

Working...
                                X