No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi type B + DVB-T Dongle to feed FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been deeply interested in taking part in this, if someone could provide a guide I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd love to use this and a wifi dongle so that the transmitter can run 24hours a day, non-stop. I have used linux command line previously so it isn't all as rogue to me but if you could assist, I'd appreciate it!

Comment

• MatthewE:
      You can start at the first messages of this thread, particularly the documents posted or referenced by peterhr (links to some documents appear in message #8 of the thread). He (peterhr) wrote a detailed and helpful step-by-step guide that will cover more than 95% of the needed steps. Posts from others will also help you when some unexpected aspect appears in your way. Eventually, just keep asking. Welcome!
      T-SABE8 - Raspberry Pi + RTL2832U / R820T USB + dump1090

Comment

• Welcome aboard Matthew ... where are you located (approximately)

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
          Welcome aboard Matthew ... where are you located (approximately)
          Thank you,
          United Kingdom, North; I have had the DVB-T running with windows although I'd prefer to leave it constantly with a raspberry PI, I looked into android equivalents but this seemed better

Comment

• Hi, I've just set my Pi up tonight and it seems stable enough, will relocate to loft space at the weekend. Can I ask if anyone has or knows how to get the Pi to create a log file that contains all the aircraft it is seeing and write it to a text file on the SD card? mainly so I can check back to see what I have missed flying near my location on that day, I get a few military/rescue flights during the day buzzing around and would like to see what is going on. Thanks.

Comment

• Hello, following this tread and the instructions i could setup my (first) raspberry Pi to feed FR24.
              is working almost without glitches and regularly is showing up as tracking radar to different airplanes in my region. even with some very powerful feeder around.

Very very happy and happy to learn Linux with it.

Thank you peterhr specially, for the instructions!

alex
              LSZH-38
              Last edited by Alexmino; 2014-03-18, 10:02. Reason: added and correction

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexmino View Post
                Hello, following this tread and the instructions i could setup my (first) raspberry Pi to feed FR24.
                is working almost without glitches and regularly is showing up as tracking radar to different airplanes in my region. even with some very powerful feeder around.

Very very happy and happy to learn Linux with it.

Thank you peterhr specially, for the instructions!

alex
                LSZH-38
                Alex, Welcome aboard,

You are welcome

Comment

• Thanks Peter for your great tutorial! I use your startup script for my (little bit different) raspberry pi setup. Works great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toranto View Post
                    Thanks Peter for your great tutorial! I use your startup script for my (little bit different) raspberry pi setup. Works great!
                    It works fine, simple is best

Comment

• Are source code available somewhere? I would like to port it to osx users. So far I could not find osx FR24 software.

Comment

• Originally posted by lisoant View Post
                        Are source code available somewhere? I would like to port it to osx users. So far I could not find osx FR24 software.
                        see http://www.flightradar24.com/software

OSX is Linux based isn't it - I think you may need to send a request to support@fr24.com for this...

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                          see http://www.flightradar24.com/software

OSX is Linux based isn't it - I think you may need to send a request to support@fr24.com for this...
                          Sorry OSX is not linux based system.

Comment

• Lol, this is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lisoant View Post
                              Sorry OSX is not linux based system.
                              Raspberrry Pi doesn't run OSX - so is of no interest in this thread [hint]

Comment

• The software for osx can be found on http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...2U-R820t-Setup

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X