Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JacknCoke View Post
    Hi all

Raspi seems to hang occassionally???!! Had to write a cron reboot schedule to keep it online 24/7

Anybody else have this problem? Also any foolproof way to remotely access the pi over the net?

Thanx
    If you do not have a good power supply, invest in one. The USB puts a lot of load on the port and they disconnect if not powered
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      If you do not have a good power supply, invest in one. The USB puts a lot of load on the port and they disconnect if not powered
      Even if you have a good power supply mine dump1090 stop working, raspberry is online but dump1090 is not running as desired, i checked on the monitor page i have, and the only way to make it work again is restarting raspberry.

Comment

Hi all

Raspi seems to hang occassionally???!! Had to write a cron reboot schedule to keep it online 24/7

Anybody else have this problem? Also any foolproof way to remotely access the pi over the net?

Thanx
        YEs it happen to me, i dont know if is because the load or ram, im using a model B ( 512MB ram ) and im next to buy a 3 model, so i can compare if CPU and RAM do the difference.

can you share with me that cron?

also if someone need to host any kind of .iso or software i have enought space in my servers to do it for free. please PM me

EDIT:
        for the remote access, normally you should enable port forwarding, and open many stuff at your home internet and router ( in case is in home)

but i find this site, and im going to test it.

weaved dot com
        Last edited by dedicados; 2016-05-20, 11:22.

Comment

• Hi Dedicados

The cron would be

sudo su

crontab -e

This opens the cron file. Then type ur commands as u wish and save

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Dedicados

The cron would be

sudo su

crontab -e

This opens the cron file. Then type ur commands as u wish and save

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            thanks, my raspberry is online but is reported as offline in FRradar24/account.

maybe dump1090 stop working or fr24feed, i will try restarting dump1090 once a day.

Comment

• well an update, with dump1090-mu is not needed to do anything, it actually send messages to stay online. works awesome.

Comment

• Offline (not so)

"Offline" may possibly just mean that you haven't been feeding data for a while (some minutes; half an hour or so), but that may simply be because there are no nearby planes. Take a look at the "Last upload" information to see if your receiver is working or not. In my case, mine is frequently offline because of lack of nearby planes, and will toggle between "offline" and "online" status and back as soon as planes come and go. If that's the case, you have nothing to do or to worry about, everything is fine.

Hope it helps, best regards.

Originally posted by dedicados View Post
                thanks, my raspberry is online but is reported as offline in FRradar24/account.

maybe dump1090 stop working or fr24feed, i will try restarting dump1090 once a day.
                T-SABE8 - Raspberry Pi + RTL2832U / R820T USB + dump1090

Comment

• First post after searching for awhile, apologies for my not understanding...

I finally got my Pi up and running, and have received a key from FR24, along with the statement "please make sure to start sharing data within 3 days as otherwise your ID/KEY will be deleted."

That's what's tripping me up... how to I start sharing data???

Thanks,
                  flyerdrew21
                  T-KOLV2

Comment

• Originally posted by flyerdrew21 View Post
                    First post after searching for awhile, apologies for my not understanding...

I finally got my Pi up and running, and have received a key from FR24, along with the statement "please make sure to start sharing data within 3 days as otherwise your ID/KEY will be deleted."

That's what's tripping me up... how to I start sharing data???

Thanks,
                    flyerdrew21
                    T-KOLV2
                    Ensure you have received a code (looks like it) And login to the webpage with the same email/password entered when running the wizard to ensure you are showing online.
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      Ensure you have received a code (looks like it) And login to the webpage with the same email/password entered when running the wizard to ensure you are showing online.
                      Ok, my account shows I'm offline, no uploads or recent statistics, but the map is centered on Memphis, where I am... Should I re-run the wizard to plug in my key, or is there a different way to do that?

I also tried to "activate" from the website, but when I did this, it gave me an error suggesting my email is already in use twice for the same signal... Any idea on this too?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• @flyerdrew21
                        Have you tried settings on this page through your browser:

http: //<ip address of your RPi>:8754/

AND

http: //<ip address of your RPi>:8754/settings.html

Comment

Ok, my account shows I'm offline, no uploads or recent statistics, but the map is centered on Memphis, where I am... Should I re-run the wizard to plug in my key, or is there a different way to do that?

I also tried to "activate" from the website, but when I did this, it gave me an error suggesting my email is already in use twice for the same signal... Any idea on this too?

Thanks for the help!
                          Map location is saved from last view or IP lookup via google. Unrelated

If you already ran the wizard it should be present, and I suspect your setup is not actually connecting to the USB stick? correctly.

Suggest following some of the tips here...

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Comment

Thanks for the help!
                            For error "email already in use" or "invalid email", enter your email, sharing key and other details by this command:
                            Code:
                            sudo fr24feed --signup
                            After completing configuration by above command, and restarting the fr24feed (sudo service fr24feed restart), open your browser and type:

(replace xxx.xxx.xx.xx by Local IP address of your RPi)
                            Check your settings
                            PI24 Settings.png

If you go to:

(replace xxx.xxx.xx.xx by Local IP address of your RPi)
                            it will show status
                            Last edited by abcd567; 2016-07-23, 14:40.

Comment

• Hello, i set up my raspberry pi model B with a fresh installation of raspian jessie and fr24 feeder with automatic installation and a DVB-T dongle chip R820T2 RTL2832U SDR.
                              When i try to activate the raspberry in the web page the result is "No devices found" but if i go to my account statistic the radar is working but is always offline.
                              If i check the ip:8754 it report

FR24 Link: Connected via UDP
                              FR24 Radar Code: T-LIPE15
                              Aircraft Tracked (ModeS & ADS-B): 0
                              Aircraft Uploaded: 1
                              Receiver: dvbt, Connected
                              MLAT running: N/A

what can i do?
                              thank you

Comment

• @Maurimai

First try:
                                Code:
                                sudo fr24feed --signup
                                Later check your settings on the page:
                                http://<RPi local IP>:8754/settings.html
                                Last edited by abcd567; 2016-07-29, 19:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X