Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DelandeC View Post
    Thank you for the advise abcd567.

The build with the little antenna provided with usb stick was for premilinary tests.
    I'm planning to make a cantenna these next few days.

The problem related above was probably a misconfiguration.
    Good that you solved the software problem by a fresh install.
    Till you make a Cantenna, just do a very simple experiment: place a large metallic object (inverted Can/Plate/tray) under your stick antenna, and you will be amazed by the improvement this brings at no cost & no effort . This experiment will show you the importance of a groundplane for whip antennas.

When making Cantenna, if you use coax cable piece as whip, then do not forget to remove it's braid & foil. The whip should be either bare copper wire, or copper wire with plastic insulation immediately surrounding it. You can also use wire used for electrical wiring, with or without plastic insulation.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2015-04-13, 15:11.

Comment

• abcd567 ive been reading for weeks and your help is awesome!

im waiting my pi to begin installation...the .deb file from here http://feed.flightradar24.com/raspberry-pi/ contains both flight24 feeder and dump1090 ? its like a auto script ?

thanks

Comment

• Its like an msi file for your Windows computer, so basically yes
        Regards,
        T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
        Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• hello
          till last week i had my raspberry working flawless..

then stopped.

ok
          i tryed to restart the feeder no chance....
          let's do a fresh install, since something may be not working
          i did follow all possible instructions around. still a "fail" when i check fr24feed status..
          any help?
          i should add is a raspberry Pi type B
          thanks
          Last edited by alemino; 2015-05-22, 06:10.

Comment

• I have the Raspberry Pi 2 and I successfully installed the feed program. But when I boot the Pi with the DVB-T Stick plugged in it simply restarts after going through the normal linux startup. (Last line before restart says something with USB in it.) is my DVB stick using too much power or something?
            Last edited by T-KUNV2; 2015-05-21, 22:53.

Comment

• Hello,
              I'm new to the forum. I've got a good working dump1090 on a Raspberry-Pi/RTL-stick setup. To make it feed data to Flightradar24 - how do I get the fr24key?

I understand there's a new software with a sign-up script but I don't want to lose dump1090's feature of tracing local flights on my local computers. What will I be winning or missing if I do or if I don't update to fr24feed_1.0.13-2_armv6l.deb ?

Best regards,
              Ion
              Last edited by Space Pilot; 2015-05-22, 16:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-KUNV2 View Post
                ...is my DVB stick using too much power or something?
                How much is too much ? :-)

I had a few Raspberry Pis before and I realized they all suffered from poor power supply. I'd suggest a supply with at least 2 amps and 5.1 or 5.2 volts. Linksys used to ship them with some of their routers. They come with a round plug, however, so you'll need an adapter or a powered USB hub with a round DC-in jack.

The weakest point in the Pi's power supply is perhaps the 'electronic' fuse. It causes a voltage drop way before the maximum allowed current is reached. I prefer to shorten this green SMD by an ultra thin copper wire but this is only advisable when everything is finished and you need not touch the Pi's circuits any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Pilot View Post
                  I had a few Raspberry Pis before and I realized they all suffered from poor power supply.
                  Thanks a lot! I tried plugging it into my main PC and it booted just fine. I guess I'll have to find a better USB block.

Comment

Hello,
                    I'm new to the forum. I've got a good working dump1090 on a Raspberry-Pi/RTL-stick setup. To make it feed data to Flightradar24 - how do I get the fr24key?

I understand there's a new software with a sign-up script but I don't want to lose dump1090's feature of tracing local flights on my local computers. What will I be winning or missing if I do or if I don't update to fr24feed_1.0.13-2_armv6l.deb ?

Best regards,
                    Ion
                    i´m not 100% sure but i think you need start feeding from windows with windows fr24feed for geting key, but wait a bit more for others answer´s.

Comment

• to get the sharing key type: sudo fr24feed --signup

Comment

• Hi,

So, I attempted to follow the instructions as per the fr24feed manual. The wget worked fine but the install command won't work. Any ideas? Here's a screen dump of my RPi.

Also, as I downloaded the fr24feed twice, it has created a deb.1 file. How can I remove the second copy?

Thanks

Raspberry Install.jpg
                        Last edited by Responder; 2015-05-24, 13:42.
                        T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
                        Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
                        Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• Originally posted by tgiannak View Post
                          to get the sharing key type: sudo fr24feed --signup
                          That helped, thank you! After setting up my accont, however, I had to wait about 24 hours until my feed was accepted. I thought my network wasn't ok but now it appears to work.

Comment

• I had to enter it this way: dpkg -i $"fr24feed_1.0.13-2_armv6l.deb"

@Responder
                            You may remove your second copy with rm fr24feed_1.0.13-2_armv6l.deb.1 (or just leave it if you don't need the space. It won't harm the system).

Now that I'm feeding I noticed I can no longer use dumb1090 to watch local air traffic via port 8080. How can I activate both feeding and local view?
                            Last edited by Space Pilot; 2015-05-25, 15:52.

Comment

I had to enter it this way: dpkg -i $"fr24feed_1.0.13-2_armv6l.deb"

@Responder
                              You may remove your second copy with rm fr24feed_1.0.13-2_armv6l.deb.1 (or just leave it if you don't need the space. It won't harm the system).
                              [/B]?
                              Thanks Space Pilot, I'll give that a go with the installation. However I have tried the rm command but it says it is unable to find the file or directory.

I am using a 16GB SD Card so, I have plenty of space haha.

However, I decided earlier that I'll leave my Linux and dump1090 software and just update the armv61.tgz file (just update the FR24feed software but got the same installing issue, in which I've posted on Piopawlu's "beta page". but I'll give it a go using the "$" with the command.

T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
                              Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
                              Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• Hello all,

I have been feeding FR24 for some time now from a Win 7 based machine. But that machine is becoming a tad unstable and needs a rebuild from scratch. This has prompted me to move ahead with something I have wanted to do for a while which is move my feed from the Win7 machine to a dedicated Raspberry Pi. To that end I have purchased a RPi 2 Model B, case, a new DVB-T dongle and and a Edimax nano adapter. But now I have a couple of questions:

1. All the instructions I have seen to date say use a 2GB micro SD card. I don't have any but I do have a couple of 8GB ones lying around. Any downside/issues with using bigger cards?

2. I know nothing about Raspberry Pi. This is, in fact, the first one I have ever played with. I am hoping someone can point me to a recent "plug & play" install or an "FR24 on RPi for Dummies," if you will, that I can use to get this easily and quickly up an running. I saw a number of older posts at the beginning of this tread about some availability but those are now fairly dated and was hoping for something more recent.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

agardk

Comment

Working...
                                X