No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi type B + DVB-T Dongle to feed FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just noticed my Raspberry wasn't showing Online to FR24 for past three days, as I just went to check my stats.

My initial thought was (I won't repeat here) then saw this thread and saw others had the same problem. I have # the export line out and now it is back online again.

As I've always said regarding anything: "If it works, leave it alone".

Does anyone know why FR24 has decided that you do not need to export the fr24.sh I.P.?

Cheers,
    T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
    Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
    Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• Seems they moved the config/data collection server from .20 to .66 (or something to this effect) and we were talking to the wrong server.

Comment

• Wow ! Glad I took the plunge and updated to v242, the stats page is awesome, will get my main RPi updated tonight which has a much higher antenna so the stats will be even better. Even so max distance 163nm with an antenna mounted on my shed isn't bad
        John
        T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

• It's always recommended to use the latest binaries.
          The new BETA rpi binaries are better AND much stable than the old ones. I think that those will be deprecated.

Comment

• Which new RPI Bins ?
            Regards,
            T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
            Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• 23 pages to read here -> http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ting-(Win-RPi)

Comment

• I saw that, but is it official that FR24 will discontinue their "fr24feed_arm-rpi" software ?
                Regards,
                T-EDDE7

Comment

• It is not official, because it is still under development.
                  The beta will become final, and the old software will be deprecated. That's the life cycle of every piece of software.

Comment

• Thats nice. However, I still hope that the Devs will find a solution for this case
                    Regards,
                    T-EDDE7

Comment

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
                      Seems they moved the config/data collection server from .20 to .66 (or something to this effect) and we were talking to the wrong server.
                      Thanks HermanZA, apologies for delay in replying.

At least it's working again. That is, until FR24 change something else and don't notify anyone.
                      T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
                      Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
                      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

• I'm in Ghana for a couple of months and my only internet connection is MiFi Alcatel Y800 with a SIM card inserted. Does anyone know if its possible to link Raspberry Pi to this and feed in to FR24.
                        Malcolm
                        EGGW26 (Running in Milton Keynes) and DGAA1(Currently dormant.

Comment

• Updated to the latest software after finding my RBPi continually not sending data.

I LOVE the new config GUI and ease of installation. THANKS GUYS!!!!

I see my station (T-KOAR1) says online, but no stats or upload data rate.

I believe the service looks good from my end:
                          pi@raspberrypi /var/log $ service fr24feed status
                          [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                          [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2014-12-23 06:43:28.
                          [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                          [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-KOAR1.
                          [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 42.
                          [ ok ] Receiver: connected ( MSGS/ SYNC).

Do the stats and upload rate take a little time to populate online or should I be investigating something else wrong?

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Comment

• @Malcolm

Should be possible, as long as you have a WLAN Stick. I'm not sure if you need a connection between the Alcatel and your Pi for a first run setup, but that shouldn't be a problem.

n6ly,

well, that looks good. When I installed it, my Stats Page needed some days to generate (i think it was 2 or 3 days). At some point, the FR24 Stats Site will tell you when you can expect the Stats.
                            Regards,
                            T-EDDE7

Comment

• Hi Equi,
                              I've managed to get my RPi speaking to my Alcatel Mifi using a tiny wifi dongle configured by wpa-supplicant.conf. And I've got the DVB dongle running and saw a few minutes of one aircraft - the late BA flight leaving Accra. I notice the red power light on the RPi goes off when both the Wifi and DVB dongles are working. I presume I am trying to draw more power than the Pi can supply, I will have to hook up a powered USB hub, which will no doubt introduce more config implications.
                              Unfortunately I have two major problems:
                              1. Ghana is suffering from severe power shedding cuts from 12 to 24 hours at a time, and
                              2. The 1090 antenna that I brought out with me seems to be slightly deaf.
                              So not sure if my input is going to be very useful. FR24 reports my T-DGAA1 offline at the moment, presumably because it has not seen enough aircraft. We shall see.
                              Cheers
                              Malcolm

Comment

• Hi Malcolm,

did you installed a startup Script ? Maybe your Pi is Online, but the FR24 Feed is not running. Did you installed a SSH and a DNS Updater for remote Access ?

Merry X-Mas,

Norman
                                Regards,
                                T-EDDE7

Comment

Working...
                                X