No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi type B + DVB-T Dongle to feed FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I had a temporary ID DGAA1 in Ghana with appropriate coordinates and EGGW26 still running in MK. I am aware that each location has to have its unique identity.
    I still have to get the RPi up and running and was looking for up-to-date files and info. I last used Linux more than 25 years ago and little remains in the darkest recesses of memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malcolml View Post
      Yes, I had a temporary ID DGAA1 in Ghana with appropriate coordinates and EGGW26 still running in MK. I am aware that each location has to have its unique identity.
      I still have to get the RPi up and running and was looking for up-to-date files and info. I last used Linux more than 25 years ago and little remains in the darkest recesses of memory.
      The easiest way would be to use the Raspberry Pi image created by PeterHR. It's somewhere in the first 10-odd posts on this thread. Though personally, I would suggest you build from scratch, just to get the Linux stuff out of those dark recesses! Peter's excellent writup is here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Tg&usp=sharing though this doesn't cover the Pi B+ model, I think.

There's also a feeder version specifically built for the Pi. Take a look here for all the official FR24 Linux builds and tech stuff: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-Flightradar24

Do go through this thread more, when you have time. Pretty much everything has been discussed in here as far as feeding FR24 on a Pi goes!

All the best!

Regards
      Jayant
      T-VABB7 | RTL dongle + Raspberry Pi + dump1090 + Bulgarian 5dBi collinear

Comment

• Thanks.

Is it files to decode the data that you need or to feed FR24?
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Jayant, Thanks for those links I was searching for. I'll do a fresh build because I guess there are more recent files from my original build.
          Anmer, I had it running locally before I went overseas with traffic displaying locally but was unable to get the files to run to enable it to feed.
          Regards and thanks
          Malcolm

Comment

• Jayant, Thanks for those links I was searching for. I'll do a fresh build because I guess there are more recent files from my original build.
            Anmer, I had it running locally before I went overseas with traffic displaying locally but was unable to get the files to run correctly to enable it to feed.
            Regards and thanks
            Malcolm

Comment

• Well, I've done a new build (3 times) according to the setup PDF from 25/7/2014 and Dump is running and painting planes covering most of England on the :8080 map. But once again I can't get the feed software fr24.sh to run. I've tried as pi, I've tried as su but it comes back command not found. I'm using my original registration key and have taken down my PC feed to avoid confusion. see my partial screenshot. Frustrated, and any guidance is welcome.
              Malcolm

Comment

• Attachment not found.

Comment

• fr24 failure.jpg
                  Originally posted by loplo View Post
                  Attachment not found.
                  I'll try the attachment again

Comment

• Try ./fr24.sh

Comment

• Wonderful Loplo, so simple. Many thanks, it seems to be running and I've tried to set up crontab too. We shall see if it restarts at 00.53 in the morning. Thanks again.
                      Malcolm

Comment

• Glad I could help.
                        Happy feeding.

Comment

• I installed Dump and FR24 Feeder Software on my Banana Pi (Hardware is more powerful than a Raspberry ), it works well - but which time should I set for a script restart (i read that the FR24 software isn't very stable at all) ? At the moment I run a Cron every 12hours, is that fine or can I set a Cron to one script restart per day ?
                          Regards,
                          T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                          Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• It's up to you. Observe the stability of the process a few days, and after that you can decide what cron entry you're going to use.

Comment

• Thats why I ask I hope for a quick answer like "the software runs 1-2 days and after this it needs a restart" or so. I'm monitoring it since Monday
                              Regards,
                              T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                              Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
                                Thats why I ask I hope for a quick answer like "the software runs 1-2 days and after this it needs a restart" or so. I'm monitoring it since Monday
                                The software is now pretty stable. I'm using the RPi version of the feeder and I no longer reboot the Pi, and restart dump1090 and the feeder only once a week. In fact I have run it for over 3 weeks without a restart at one point, with no problems. So restarting via cron is entirely your decision - stability isn't an issue anymore as far as I can see.
                                T-VABB7 | RTL dongle + Raspberry Pi + dump1090 + Bulgarian 5dBi collinear

Comment

Working...
                                X