Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi type B + DVB-T Dongle to feed FR24

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New thread started for GNS-5890 specialist dongle intended for ADSB

    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...rry-Pi-working

    --------------------------------------

    The thread you are presently reading is related to the DVT Dongle (Intended for reception of Digital TV, but we misuse it to receive ADS-B)

    Comment


    • Question -- are you guys using --enable-agc option? Does that help any?

      Comment


      • I was, I'm not doing so now - I don't think it made any difference

        presently using

        ./dump1090 --fix --net --net-sbs-port 30003 --net-ro-port 31001 --quiet > /dev/null &

        (net-ro-port is to feed adsbScope to get a pretty picture)

        Comment


        • Is dump1090 creating any crashlogs?
          Since two day's my process is crashing and I don't know why.

          Comment


          • Thanks Peter.... the Bulgarian antenna and LMR400 just arrived so I am playing around with settings to see what gives me best performance.. and comparing side-by-side with my old (relatively inefficient setup).

            Comment


            • Originally posted by loplo View Post
              Is dump1090 creating any crashlogs?
              Since two day's my process is crashing and I don't know why.
              Mine isn't crashing - but I'm getting loads of defunct processes from the feeder (I restart it and dump1090 at 2AM and 2PM which clears them out).

              If it's crashing without reason - check the power supply.

              Comment


              • Mine is restarting every 6hrs.
                Now, it's crashing without any reason, because I can't find any log

                I've set up a site monitor, via google spreadsheets, and as soon as my feed/webpage crashes, I'm receiving an email and SMS alert.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by t-kclt2 View Post
                  Thanks Peter.... the Bulgarian antenna and LMR400 just arrived so I am playing around with settings to see what gives me best performance.. and comparing side-by-side with my old (relatively inefficient setup).
                  In the end I didn't use the LMR400 (equivalent) - I had some RG6, all the right connectors and the required cable length was short enough (about 8m) that I didn't bother. I did put another section on the mast though (wall mount on T&K brackets 3 -> 4.5m) ... that made a huge difference because it got the antenna above roof height.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by loplo View Post
                    Mine is restarting every 6hrs.
                    Now, it's crashing without any reason, because I can't find any log

                    I've set up a site monitor, via google spreadsheets, and as soon as my feed/webpage crashes, I'm receiving an email and SMS alert.
                    hope that's not because we're sending stdout the output to /dev/null

                    Comment


                    • It crashes with "cb transfer status: 1, canceling..."
                      Googled it up, and it seems to be power supply related, indeed.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by loplo View Post
                        It crashes with "cb transfer status: 1, canceling..."
                        Googled it up, and it seems to be power supply related, indeed.
                        or the dongle....

                        My Pi has worked with all the android phone chargers I've tried on it (just because I can usually find one without a big search), presently it is running of a 14v supply (that I was using for the antenna amp) with a 5v regulator.

                        Comment


                        • Next error:
                          "head: write error: Broken pipe"

                          Comment


                          • check ' > /dev/null '

                            Comment


                            • size of /dev/null = 0

                              Comment


                              • /dev/null is a black hole, if you try to measure it - it will just eat your apparatus and still will measure zero

                                (that is a joke by the way)

                                the reason I said to check it was because that is the only pipe type instruction we have on the line, just make sure you are not mis-reading what you have in the config there - for instance with the text editor wrapping to the next line

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X