Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YSWG
    replied
    Yeah, it's on the police site. The microwave link connects to the Gumly tower (which I think is the tower that connects to the fibre backhaul).

Leave a comment:

• rodeo
    replied
    Originally posted by YSWG View Post
    Malebo Hill has a microwave (link) dish pointing right at me to another tower.
    Last time I worked at Malebo was about 8 years ago - putting up a microwave system. If its the same one, it points over to Mt Flackney. It may or may not be in service still and others may have been added since then. Malebo site belongs to NSW Police though it sounds like they are using it for the NBN now as well.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• YSWG
    replied
    Malebo Hill, Bomen and Gumly NBN towers are within range, Malebo Hill has a microwave (link) dish pointing right at me to another tower. Though I would expect my dongle to have a drop as well (not as much as the FR box though) but seems to be unchanged.

F-YSWG1 maximum distance
    21 June: 160nm
    22 June: 125nm
    23 June: 127nm
    24 June: 126nm
    25 June: 107nm
    26 June: 105nm
    27 June: 97nm*

T-YSWG2 maximum distance
    21 June: 106nm
    22 June: 105nm
    23 June: 105nm
    24 June: 107nm
    25 June: 108nm
    26 June: 108nm
    27 June: 99nm*

* not complete 24 hour figure.

Old F-YSWG1 range, with the current range (darker [black] opacity).
    Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 8.37.40 PM.png
    Last edited by YSWG; 2015-06-27, 10:53.

Leave a comment:

• Ressy
    replied
    Originally posted by YSWG View Post
    Anyone near NBN Wireless towers? I've noticed a 50% drop in range, not to sure when it happened but it was fine in May (June has been busy, haven't been able to look).

I've rebooted the FR24 receiver but no improvement, so will take a look at the equipment once my shoulder injury has healed, hoping it's something simple and not frequency related.

Once I've done my own problem solving but have no solution, I'll then contact FR24 support. At this stage, not much we both can do ATM.

Edit:
    Doing some digging in the logs, everything was fine on the 16th June (before a rain event) but post rain event (19th June) the signal range decrease is noticeable. I'm thinking that water has got into the join of the antenna and the cable or into the holes made by the Cockatoos in the cable, the self amalgamating tape may have contracted and expanded (allowing water to ingress, causing the signal loss ) with the very cold mornings but mild days we had before the rain. Early in the week, I'll inspect the antenna and the cable.
    To find out if your near "a" tower, you can use http://www.rfnsa.com.au/nsa/search.cgi

The freqs currently in use are 2.3Ghz , even with imaging, I cant see it affecting you, even if its right next door, they also claim (but this is lying filfth that is the Australian Govt, so take it with a gain of salt) that they comply with all EME safety requirements as required by ARPANSA.
    Last edited by Ressy; 2015-06-27, 10:40.

Leave a comment:

• YSWG
    replied
    Anyone near NBN Wireless towers? I've noticed a 50% drop in range, not to sure when it happened but it was fine in May (June has been busy, haven't been able to look).

I've rebooted the FR24 receiver but no improvement, so will take a look at the equipment once my shoulder injury has healed, hoping it's something simple and not frequency related.

Once I've done my own problem solving but have no solution, I'll then contact FR24 support. At this stage, not much we both can do ATM.

Edit:
    Doing some digging in the logs, everything was fine on the 16th June (before a rain event) but post rain event (19th June) the signal range decrease is noticeable. I'm thinking that water has got into the join of the antenna and the cable or into the holes made by the Cockatoos in the cable, the self amalgamating tape may have contracted and expanded (allowing water to ingress, causing the signal loss ) with the very cold mornings but mild days we had before the rain. Early in the week, I'll inspect the antenna and the cable.
    Last edited by YSWG; 2015-06-27, 07:11.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X