No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shows as "C130" that's the good old FR24 shotgun approach.

Comment

• Heads up! It's coming!
      About 8 hours away!

The fire tanker N405LC depart from Marshall Islands Intl (PKMJ/MAJ) at 08:00 MHT Sunday heading for Brisbane (YBBN/BNE) for an estimated arrival at 13:56 AEST.
      Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2015-08-29, 21:23.
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
        Heads up! It's coming!
        About 8 hours away!

The fire tanker N405LC depart from Marshall Islands Intl (PKMJ/MAJ) at 08:00 MHT Sunday heading for Brisbane (YBBN/BNE) for an estimated arrival at 13:56 AEST.
        Ha! Without actually realising what I was watching I saw this fly in this afternoon on my VRS screen while I was installing/moving around CCTV cameras... VRS shows it as Lynden Air Cargo, callsign is currently LYC405. It landed ~14:30 AEST. And has not taken off since..
        T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Ok guys, not sure how many have been following the MLAT thread but there is a new version of fr24feed out now for the Pi feeders that does not require a special version of dump1090 to participate in MLAT positioning, it does not increase cpu load now either.

All I did was update the package via apt-get as I have the beta repository, mv the dump1090 which the package installs to a different file name, then symlink the mutability version to the same spot in /usr/lib/fr24.. Then if you were already signed up to do the mlat stuff, just turn it back on in /etc/fr24feed.ini ... otherwise follow the process for signing up for the MLAT beta, it's all documented and discussed in the MLAT fr24feed thread..

Cheers!
          T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

Heads up! It's coming!
            About 8 hours away!

Thanks for the heads up. Saw it come in to BNE yesterday.

Comment

Update:
              Start looking for it soon/this weekend in Australia. It will show up as "C130" on the FR24 map.
              It's flying to Hawaii today.
              N405LC just departed Anchorage Intl (PANC) at 10:23 AKDT enroute to Kahului (PHOG/OGG) for an estimated arrival at 16:26 HST.
              Thanks Brian,

'C130' landed today at RAAF Base Richmond (YSRI) northwest of Sydney (SYD/YSSY) at 00:32 UTC (10:32 local) using radio callsign 'N405' however from now on will be known as 'Bomber132' for ATC radio callsign purposes.

Regards,
              Gregg
              Last edited by fungus; 2015-09-01, 00:56. Reason: correction
              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Pics of them on YBBN spotters facebook 'Lynden 405'
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Photo of N405LC at Brisbane airport on this page.

Blogger ist ein Veröffentlichungs-Tool von Google, mit dem du ganz einfach deine Gedanken der Welt mitteilen kannst. Mit Blogger kannst du problemlos Texte, Fotos und Videos in deinem persönlichen Blog oder deinem Team-Blog veröffentlichen.
                  Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                  [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Well.... sat down this morning and took the leap of faith..... and gave myself some more grey hairs in the process....

Have changed over to dump1090-mutability, have installed the latest version of FR24 and FA ...... and everything seems to be co-habiting normally. From what I can see on my local view of dump1090 (port 8080) I don't appear to be feeding false MLAT from FA - thanks bhaal for the tip re stopping it. I had updated the FA feeder last night and didn't realise I was feeding bad MLAT until this morning when I noticed that SSM2 and SSM3 had lat/lon present !! arrgghh ....

Everyone, please let me know if I stuff up again and feed bad data!

Cheers,

Andrew
                    T-YSBK22

Comment

• YSWG - here's one for you :-)

High performance, omni directional antenna for receiving 1090MHz Mode S and ADS-B data from aircraft. When properly installed without obstructions, the antenna can receive ADS-B data from aircraft up to 250mi / 400km away.

I wonder if it's cocky proof ????? LOL

(we just won't mention on here thats it's from FA !!)
                      T-YSBK22

Comment

• Originally posted by rodeo View Post
                        YSWG - here's one for you :-)

High performance, omni directional antenna for receiving 1090MHz Mode S and ADS-B data from aircraft. When properly installed without obstructions, the antenna can receive ADS-B data from aircraft up to 250mi / 400km away.

Doesn't say if its 50 or 75 ohm, sure it says DVT-B RTL's which implies 75 ohm, but I'd be making sure first, yes it will still work, but performance will be affected if you have a mismatch. The fact it has an "N" type conn, suggests 50 ohms.
                        Last edited by Ressy; 2015-09-12, 10:57. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by rodeo View Post
                          YSWG - here's one for you :-)

Been thinking of getting it for the RPi, though cost is the key.
                          F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• 66cm, prob just a 8-10 stack 56-62mm element for a 1/4 wave isn't it

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                              Been thinking of getting it for the RPi, though cost is the key.
                              I reckon it'd still be cheaper than what my A3 cost, landed into the country ......
                              Last edited by rodeo; 2015-09-12, 12:20. Reason: missing words - shouldn't get on forums late at night
                              T-YSBK22

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                                Doesn't say if its 50 or 75 ohm, sure it says DVT-B RTL's which implies 75 ohm, but I'd be making sure first, yes it will still work, but performance will be affected if you have a mismatch. The fact it has an "N" type conn, suggests 50 ohms.
                                No worse than the A3 I have now, with it's N connector and SMA at the dongle end. one 50 to 75 transition ain't too bad, it's only if you get multiples.
                                T-YSBK22

Comment

Working...
                                X