No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice range! Even though your radar code may mother show, the data is still being used. Nice to see another nearby feeder.
    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Watch for this tanker to fly to New South Wales, Australia in about 2 weeks. It's equipped with ADS-B.
      Let's see what tanker number it will fly under in Australia.

Coulson’s L-382G awarded contract in Australia
      Tanker 132 N405LC is due to start there on September 1
      Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2015-08-08, 07:14.
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• NSW will be trialling one LAT (C130) and one VLAT (DC-10) this season, not too sure if Vic will be doing the two LATs this season or if NSW will help support all states and territories (like Vic did last season).
        F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Another Adelaide feeder here as YPAD1.

My feeding software says I'm feeding data, but I very rarely see YPAD1 these days as there seems to be quite a few here in Adelaide now.

How do I check if I'm still sending data?.
          www.ryanhothersall.net

Comment

• Hmmm ... looks like T-YSSY51 and/or FR24 may be having some issues possibly, tonight ...

It is reporting SSM1 (7CF7CA) with wierd altitudes, no squawk code, varying speeds etc - I'm seeing it as its normal rock steady self. Usually the SSMs don't show on the map.

fr24.JPG
            T-YSBK22

Comment

• [QUOTE=rodeo;69629]Hmmm ... looks like T-YSSY51 and/or FR24 may be having some issues possibly, tonight ...

It is reporting SSM1 (7CF7CA) with wierd altitudes, no squawk code, varying speeds etc - I'm seeing it as its normal rock steady self. Usually the SSMs don't show on the map.

T-YSSY51 is one of several that of late appears to be supplying both ADS-B and M-LAT data for the same aircraft. It also sometimes shows non-ADS-B equipped Virgin ATRs and Qantaslink Dashs as T-YSSY51 rather than MLATx. There has been some previous discussion in this very thread, particularly from poster bhaal who operates T-YBBN50 near Brisbane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papafox View Post
                Hi everyone, another newbie here. T-YTEM1. I've got a basic rig set up here with a roof-mounted homebrew co-co with a stick-pc doing the decode. Getting pretty decent range out of it (236nm), without any amps or anything of the sort.
                I'm expecting that I'll rarely be seen as the capturing radar, as I'm a bit swamped with nearby F- feeders, but as I type this, I've managed to get a C172 tracked in my name!
                Been keeping an eye out for you and spotted this one this afternoon. Don't know what the plane is - a warbird from the museum at Temora perhaps? Cheers.temora1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                  T-YSSY51 is one of several that of late appears to be supplying both ADS-B and M-LAT data for the same aircraft. It also sometimes shows non-ADS-B equipped Virgin ATRs and Qantaslink Dashs as T-YSSY51 rather than MLATx. There has been some previous discussion in this very thread, particularly from poster bhaal who operates T-YBBN50 near Brisbane.
                  Only in hope it draws attention from the right people to hopefully get the problem sorted, it's such an easy mistake to make as there is very little that documents what not to do... As well as dump1090-mutability (or the FA version which is more less thje same) not quite working properly, its not suppose to forward the MLAT data unless specifically told to, but apparently it still does.. (I think I mentioned that before as well)...

airnrail: or are you implying I should be less vocal about this issue?
                  T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• [QUOTE=airnrail;69645]
                    Originally posted by rodeo View Post
                    Hmmm ... looks like T-YSSY51 and/or FR24 may be having some issues possibly, tonight ...

??? what call sign, some Virgin ATR's are ADSB equipped, eg: FVU, an ATR-500, is on my screen now

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ressy;69672]
                      Originally posted by airnrail View Post

??? what call sign, some Virgin ATR's are ADSB equipped, eg: FVU, an ATR-500, is on my screen now
                      FVU and VPJ are the only two Virgin ATRs that appear to really have ADS-B. If you use the criteria that an ADS-B equipped plane will show as being detected by a particular FR24 feeder rather than MLAT there are others that appear to have it but don't. Similarly, there are only about 7 or 8 Qantas Dashs that have ADS-B - all of them Q400s - but others, and also some Q300s, have started showing up recently.

Comment

• [QUOTE=airnrail;69706]
                        Originally posted by Ressy View Post

FVU and VPJ are the only two Virgin ATRs that appear to really have ADS-B. If you use the criteria that an ADS-B equipped plane will show as being detected by a particular FR24 feeder rather than MLAT there are others that appear to have it but don't. Similarly, there are only about 7 or 8 Qantas Dashs that have ADS-B - all of them Q400s - but others, and also some Q300s, have started showing up recently.
                        Yep and you'll soon start to see a lot more of them as they get upgraded to meet pending deadlines.

I gave up on FR24's mlat a long time ago, despite Mike thinking its the bees knees, its far from accurate, so nothing an mlat feed says would surprise me. I'd only question it if its a regular thing, but even then its waste of time, fr24's code system is buggy, they know it despite their denials on many fronts, its why its pointless complaining, as I think you've seen in several topics.

but mlat is ACCURATE, its more accurate then co-ords from true ads-b! I guess fr24 would likely say this pilot's drunk lol

snapshot2.png

*sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post

If you seeing these in your local radar areas and want to know if they are mode-s or ads-b you could check your own receiver, ie: via dump1090's web interface, or if you use VRS...? All those will tell you if the aircraft has ads-b or not..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post

Yep and you'll soon start to see a lot more of them as they get upgraded to meet pending deadlines.

I gave up on FR24's mlat a long time ago, despite Mike thinking its the bees knees, its far from accurate, so nothing an mlat feed says would surprise me. I'd only question it if its a regular thing, but even then its waste of time, fr24's code system is buggy, they know it despite their denials on many fronts, its why its pointless complaining, as I think you've seen in several topics.

but mlat is ACCURATE, its more accurate then co-ords from true ads-b! I guess fr24 would likely say this pilot's drunk lol

*sigh*
                            Hahaha, yeah, even the MLAT generated from fr24's F-feeds is very much all over the place...

On the other hand, FA's MLAT which is being done via the PiAware + rtl dongles (by associating mode-s packets received at the same time as ads-b packets across 4 receivers synchronously) is proving to be very accurate, it jumps around maybe 100-300ft at most but most times less, as opposed to fr24's which jumps around 1-2nm at times (or more)... If fr24 bit the bullet and started using the same code base which is part of mutability (assuming the licensing allows them to) then they would have just as many people feeding mode-s and if they also gave us MLAT positions as feedback from the MLAT client just like FA, then there would be a lot of happy campers out there!

As mentioned, I am not participating in fr24 MLAT trials until they change things and I have said that point blank to vinny..

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post
                              Hahaha, yeah, even the MLAT generated from fr24's F-feeds is very much all over the place...

On the other hand, FA's MLAT which is being done via the PiAware + rtl dongles (by associating mode-s packets received at the same time as ads-b packets across 4 receivers synchronously) is proving to be very accurate, it jumps around maybe 100-300ft at most but most times less, as opposed to fr24's which jumps around 1-2nm at times (or more)... If fr24 bit the bullet and started using the same code base which is part of mutability (assuming the licensing allows them to) then they would have just as many people feeding mode-s and if they also gave us MLAT positions as feedback from the MLAT client just like FA, then there would be a lot of happy campers out there!

As mentioned, I am not participating in fr24 MLAT trials until they change things and I have said that point blank to vinny..
                              Indeed, I dont feed PA, since there package requires dpkg package - so its coded for debian only, and I dont have teh time to see what else theyve done to force debian only - there loss!

But at FR24 things must be changing, they refused to use anyone but their own f-feeders for mlat data, now they allow rpi's, wonder if its all linux packages - since dedicated servers have much better resource handling than one of them tiny things. but IMO, FR24 have a few things they need to fix before I bother with that, and attitude is one of them, and I aint talking aircraft attitudes lol... I do know mlat setting on dump1090 is active, its always been active for "elsewhere", fr24 have always AFAIK ignored it, so havnt look into their new way. the old software still works and as they say, if it aint ...... dont .... with it
                              Last edited by Ressy; 2015-08-18, 00:56. Reason: clarification

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                                Indeed, I dont feed PA, since there package requires dpkg package - so its coded for debian only, and I dont have teh time to see what else theyve done to force debian only - there loss!
                                Sorry, I almost didn't understand what you meant for a moment there.. You mean the PiAware package is a .deb ... But in this instance it's built for Raspbian (the Raspberry Pi Debian dist), not Debian per se... What dist are you running on your Banana?

I believe the source for the FA feeder is on github and probably would compile for the A10 or whatever SoC is on the Banana, but it's time that you probably don't have.. As for "their loss" well, my understanding is the PiAware MLAT stuff is the test bed, basically because it's pretty well known what is running, Pi, dongle, dump1090 ... With nothing exotic or weird CPU requirements .. Once they are happy with MLAT working well based on ADS-B time sync then they will expand it to other platforms as well.. And just wondering.. If you are running Debian (or Ubuntu) on the Banana then there is a good chance it will run the ARMv6 code as well, but I could be wrong with that...

Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                                But at FR24 things must be changing, they refused to use anyone but their own f-feeders for mlat data, now they allow rpi's, wonder if its all linux packages - since dedicated servers have much better resource handling than one of them tiny things. but IMO, FR24 have a few things they need to fix before I bother with that, and attitude is one of them, and I aint talking aircraft attitudes lol... I do know mlat setting on dump1090 is active, its always been active for "elsewhere", fr24 have always AFAIK ignored it, so havnt look into their new way. the old software still works and as they say, if it aint ...... dont .... with it
                                FR24 things are changing indeed.. But I'd say "jumping on the bandwagon" is the more appropriate term.. Presently with FA's MLAT setup I can see MLAT planes down to 1200ft normally (though directly around me I cannot, not enough feeders), even tracked a flight down to 600ft when it landed from the SE end of the short runway at YBBN last night..

If you want me to have a look at your Banana and see if I cannot get PiAware running let me know (the more coverage the better around me)..

Comment

Working...
                                X