Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
    I've done what I can within my $10 budget to extend my cover to include Australia - but it hasn't worked. We need more people to install RaspberryPi based rigs and to open the port to the dump1090 web page.
    if your talking to dump1090 ports, shouldn't have to be RPi - plenty of folk run it on normal linux boxes out here

Comment

• ohh and wont be as impressive, not many aussie airports are as busy as like yours

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
        if your talking to dump1090 ports, shouldn't have to be RPi - plenty of folk run it on normal linux boxes out here
        I wouldn't want to pay the electric bill for that

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
          I wouldn't want to pay the electric bill for that
          heh, yeah, unless its dual purpose though, like media server (and samba server for those here who are silly enough to run M$ os's) so it already always on, great bonus is it can run multiple feeds without touching resources, something the pi has had issues with on occasions from what I've read. however at 26c or so I think it is as of july 1 per kw/h, yeah, I wouldn't dare otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
            heh, yeah, unless its dual purpose though, like media server (and samba server for those here who are silly enough to run M$ os's) so it already always on, great bonus is it can run multiple feeds without touching resources, something the pi has had issues with on occasions from what I've read. however at 26c or so I think it is as of july 1 per kw/h, yeah, I wouldn't dare otherwise.
            My Pi runs at about 70% cpu dedicated to FR24 feed with about 1500 planes / 480,000 positions (and the occasional person who clicks the link and views the dump1090 map). Media server is twonky running on the nas box - that's all that stays on 24/7.

Comment

• I heard today from a Qantaslink Avionics tech that they will be fitting ADSB to their Q400 dash8's over the next few months.

Also, a new Qantaslink Q400 is due to be delivered next week, and it will be factory fitted with ADSB transponder.

Cheers...ƒil
              Feeders T-YSTW2, T-YSTW3, T-YBCG7, T-YBHI2 ... all Radarcape hardware

Comment

• Originally posted by ƒil View Post
                I heard today from a Qantaslink Avionics tech that they will be fitting ADSB to their Q400 dash8's over the next few months.

Also, a new Qantaslink Q400 is due to be delivered next week, and it will be factory fitted with ADSB transponder.

Cheers...ƒil
                That would make a big difference to FR24 coverage in some of the more remote parts of Oz. Interesting that Qantas, in view of its present financial difficulties, would be going to this expense a few years before ADSB is mandatory for this aircraft type. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Great news. This will be the first Q400 with ADS-B AFAIK.

Comment

• F-YSWG1 is currently offline, as the area I'm in is having a massive power dip (FR24 box, modem, PC and monitor was still running but turn all of them off as a precaution).

Edit: No ETA on the restoration of the power, which now can only just run a 5W LED light dully.
                    Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 7.59.00 PM.png
                    Last edited by YSWG; 2014-07-20, 10:04.
                    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Power has been restored and the FR24 receiver is back online.
                      F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                        F-YSWG1 is currently offline, as the area I'm in is having a massive power dip (FR24 box, modem, PC and monitor was still running but turn all of them off as a precaution).

Edit: No ETA on the restoration of the power, which now can only just run a 5W LED light dully.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]4418[/ATTACH]
                        I'd be more worried about fridges and freezers, brownouts can destroy motors and cause fires

Comment

• Google Loon is floating over Northern Vic/Southern NSW. I think I spotted one near Tasmania early this morning (AEST).
                          Screen Shot 2014-08-02 at 9.37.20 PM.png
                          F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• We got 3 off the deep southern coast of NZ making another pass too
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• The Google Loon that was over N Vic and S NSW is now over SW QLD.

Regional Express Airlines VH-ZLC is the latest SAAB 340B that has been fitted with ADS-B.
                              Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 2.44.49 PM.png
                              F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Another loon over Victoria, this one is moving! Moving at about 41km/h at times.
                                Screenshot_2014-08-06-14-01-08.jpg
                                Last edited by YSWG; 2014-08-06, 04:12.
                                F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Working...
                                X