No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see there is currently two Google Balloons showing around southern Australia. HBAL229 is currently south of Kingscote and HBAL224 is currently about to cross the southern coast of Tasmania. They seem to be moving fairly fast compared to the last couple of Google balloons that have shown up, they seem to be travelling anywhere from 40 to 60 kts to the east when I have looked at them today.

Edit: HBAL227 is also now visible to the south west of Mount Gambier.
    Last edited by hjubm2; 2014-07-08, 11:49.

Comment

• Left tekapo here in NZ on the 28th of last month..
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Seems like most planes bound for Brisbane is diverting to Gold Coast. METAR check of YBBN looks fine? YBBN 081300Z 34003KT CAVOK 08/06 Q1014

Addition: FR24 FB - [DEVELOPING STORY] Brisbane Airport is currently closed. There are reports of unauthorized people and vehicles on runway + laser illumination north west of the airport. Many flights are holding or diverting to Gold Coast.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/flightradar24?fref=nf
        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-07-08, 13:13.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
          Seems like most planes bound for Brisbane is diverting to Gold Coast. METAR check of YBBN looks fine? YBBN 081300Z 34003KT CAVOK 08/06 Q1014
          Looks like Brisbane is closed due to unauthorised vehicle on the aerodrome. At last update the Australian Federal Police had one person in custody, searching for a second.

Comment

• Six Google Loons visible.
            Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 1.27.50 AM.png

I've also any other FR24 receiver hosts getting an error in their log?
            Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 1.33.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-09 at 1.33.45 AM.png
            F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Hi all,

I shall be setting up a box at Geraldton Airport in the next few weeks. There is already T-YGEL1 but it is blind underneath 1000ft. The box will be hosted at the airport and have coverage on the apron and runway. Looking forward to joining the Aussie Feeder community

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                Six Google Loons visible.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]4362[/ATTACH]

I've also any other FR24 receiver hosts getting an error in their log?
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]4363[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4364[/ATTACH]
                It is much better to report problems to support@fr24.com instead of the forum.

Comment

• Is there any way I can find out the coverage area of a certain receiver? I'm trying to work out which areas have good and bad coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by numloxx View Post
                    Is there any way I can find out the coverage area of a certain receiver? I'm trying to work out which areas have good and bad coverage.
                    If it's yours - you can run apps to see on a map what it's receiving - sometimes it takes a long while to do since you need to leave it running long enough to get lots of planes in in all directions.

FR24 don't share the information about others, but I had wondered about getting a world display of FR24 up with the background darkened to black, then set something to take a screenshot every 10 minutes. Superimpose all the images onto one background and the holes should become apparent (but be aware that would only show where no planes had been received from, it could mean no ADSB equipped planes have flown there)

Comment

Is there any way I can find out the coverage area of a certain receiver? I'm trying to work out which areas have good and bad coverage.
                      I am not sure whether this will work, but if you know the radarcode, maybe you can go to Filter>Radar>Choose your radarcode and apply filter and see how is the range of the receiver you are interested?

Let me do a quick verification and I will post back to you.

EDIT: Nope, don't think it works! scrap that. Sorry. It will only show that radarcode when it is chosen by the FR24 server. So if you have several receivers in an area, you can't determine it's range.
                      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-07-10, 12:14.

Comment

• Thanks, I guess I'll just have to monitor aircraft that fly into certain areas and watch them

Comment

• On this one website, Anyone can see my radarcape receiver range.
                          Click on Menu>Receiver Range for "VRS-San-Diego-California". It will show it in black color lines.
                          You can also go back to "Menu>Receiver and Select to show only my feed "VRS-San-Diego-California".

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                          I am not sure whether this will work, but if you know the radarcode, maybe you can go to Filter>Radar>Choose your radarcode and apply filter and see how is the range of the receiver you are interested?
                          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                            On this one website, Anyone can see my radarcape receiver range.
                            Click on Menu>Receiver Range for "VRS-San-Diego-California". It will show it in black color lines.
                            You can also go back to "Menu>Receiver and Select to show only my feed "VRS-San-Diego-California".
                            http://vrs-world.com
                            Mine too, click the T-EGBB19 link in my sig.

Comment

• Thanks, doesn't cover anything in Australia though

Comment

Thanks, doesn't cover anything in Australia though
                                I've done what I can within my $10 budget to extend my cover to include Australia - but it hasn't worked. We need more people to install RaspberryPi based rigs and to open the port to the dump1090 web page.

Comment

Working...
                                X