No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I have F-YNND2." Sure it not F-YDDN2?

Originally posted by F-YDDN2 View Post
    Hi All, Just catching up with this thread, and can add a small correction to a feeder listings.
    I have F-YNND2. It is listed as Darwin nearest airport and Darwin actual location. I'm actually in Katherine, and we do have an airport here. (Tindal RAAF and some light aircraft use).

Comment

• Nice to see the MLAT coverage improving further between Sydney and Melbourne.
      Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 12.30.41 AM.jpg

Been having issues with Virtual Radar Server dropping out, doesn't seem to reset the connection when it drops or hangs. Not sure if it's a local network issue or a Windows issue, I doubt that it's the FR24 box (since the log shows that the client [VRS] disconnected). Running on my desktop and laptop to see if they both stop or if the laptop is the only problem.
      F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
        Nice to see the MLAT coverage improving further between Sydney and Melbourne.
        Should improve even more with new feeder F-YSSY2 which has astounding coverage. Apart from ground coverage at YSSY (a short while ago it was the sole feeder for every plane on the ground at YSSY as well as many of those approaching and departing. It seems to cover south to Bateman's Bay, west to Bathurst ,north to Forster and about 150km out to sea as well! Well done to whoever has put it up.

Comment

• Noticed a small patch of MLAT coverage this morning to the west of Gosford and Woy Woy. Caught a couple of Rex's non-ADSB SAABs (some have it - most don't).

Comment

• Im sure nobody has noticed but F-YBNA1 has been offline for a few days now. I've just now checked (someone stole my ladder so had to borrow one) and although the box is alive, it's not sending data via the ethernet to the router. The cable is good, I tested it with my laptop.

Emails have been sent to FR24 Support, hopefully they have an answer. Re-starting the FR24 box didnt help either.
            F-YBNA2

Comment

• You can still connect to it via the LAN? Could be an IP issue with the modem assigning an IP (had that issue, solved it by playing around with the modem).
              F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• No I can't. There is no data on the cable. I suspect the ethernet section of the box is dead. As I said the cable is good as is the router port, my laptop connected easily using the same cable.
                No data lights on the FR24Box ethernet port.
                F-YBNA2

Comment

• Just try FR24Box's local IP address on a web browser (on PC in same local network or connected to modem/router). You can find IP address by looking at you routers DHCP list.
                  F-YSCB2, T-YSCB11

Comment

• Originally posted by asela View Post
                    Just try FR24Box's local IP address on a web browser (on PC in same local network or connected to modem/router). You can find IP address by looking at you routers DHCP list.
                    That's not going to work if the ethernet port is dead, which is apparent given the ports lights are out.

Comment

• Originally posted by asela View Post
                      Just try FR24Box's local IP address on a web browser (on PC in same local network or connected to modem/router). You can find IP address by looking at you routers DHCP list.
                      My router has been showing it offline since it went offline. Only today was I able to verify it's is powered and working, all but the ethernet port.
                      F-YBNA2

Comment

• Try unplugging the ethernet cable from the FR24 Box, than plug it in again. See if that will fix it.
                        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
                          No I can't. There is no data on the cable. I suspect the ethernet section of the box is dead. As I said the cable is good as is the router port, my laptop connected easily using the same cable.
                          No data lights on the FR24Box ethernet port.
                          any storms around in past few days??
                          You could try reseating the ethernet cables (sure, you've shown the cable to be OK, but the FR24 box rj45 connector may be at fault, yes it can happen that it works and works and then stops if the connection is not seated 100%, but I'd be betting the FR24 box coped a hit of some kind upsetting it)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
                            Emails have been sent to FR24 Support, hopefully they have an answer. Re-starting the FR24 box didnt help either.
                            We advised you that your receiver was offline on 27th April and emailed you again on 28th. You replied that you had been away and would check the receiver on your return.

We are trying to help you resolve this and it will be more productive if you can continue working with Antonio via Support.

Comment

• The blue dot that points to flight arrivals and departures Darwin airport YPDN isnt .... its pointing to Tennant Creek YTNK... can some one give the blue button man a nudge and fix up the link please..

Comment

• Oh Im working with Antonio on support but the time difference limits hours, and the weekend. Also my ladder was stolen so I've had to borrow one to access the roof/attic/crawl space where the FR box is sitting. The only person I know with a suitable ladder was also away.

I want to get it working again as much as you guys, I've spent a bit of money installing a mast to locate the antenna above nearby trees etc and improved my coverage by approx 60nm. I want it working!

EDIT: yes there was a storm around at the time it stopped working. The antenna didn't take a direct hit. Nothing else in my house was affected, the power didn't flicker at all. Neither of the 2 very good surge detectors I have tripped. Other wire linked devices on my network are still working and I've swapped ports and cables.
                                Last edited by Lancair70; 2014-05-06, 04:49.
                                F-YBNA2

Comment

Working...
                                X