Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JinbaIttai View Post
    Hi airnrail

I have a couple of additions and clarifications for the Perth area (I've also been curious the last few days so have been taking notes of radar codes)

Thanks Matt. I've added your contributions to the list. I've been looking for F-YABA2 since FR24 notified it but haven't seen it - YABA1 seems to get most of the traffic coming out of the Bight down that way. I found T-YBLN2 at Busselton the other day by sheer luck while watching a plane going out to the MH370 search area. Cheers. John

Comment

• Been doing class 2 on paying attention but have a couple of questions. Last night i picked up a qantas flight at 22000 ft but other planes seem to run off the runway. Is this due to my cheap setup or my antenna isn't tuned correctly. Any help would be appreciated. T-YBSU3

Comment

• Stephen, I wouldnt place too much, read ANY, faith in the aircraft movements being realistic on the ground. I see them off the runway at YBNA too mate.

It would seem F-YBSU2 is fairly close to the airport, a lot closer then FYBSU1 anyway, so as mentioned earlier, the faster processing of data with the F box setup will beat yours most of the time. Having said that the T-YBBN?? setups seem to grab a fair bit of traffic. Ive only seen yours once, but I dont spend a lot of time looking up that way either.
        F-YBNA2

Comment

• Cheers Lancair70. By watching radar transfers im taking a guess that F-YBSU2 is somewhere south, maybe buderim to caloundra. Once under the northern side of the hill to buderim i seem to pickup. But F-YBSU2 collects from bribie island and well out wide. It also picks up out to coolum in the north but drops out on landing aproach. Sent support an email regarding my application. Id love to be part of mlat here as we have heaps of aircraft that we dont see on FR24. Im under the impression i need specific FBOX to be able to supply MLAT data to FR24. Got my lotto numbers for tonight anyways.

Comment

• JinbaIttai, convert this one for me. 7CC39E

I got as far as 50070 for the decimal of C39E ? ? ?
            F-YBNA2

Comment

• Unfortunately that's not a VH reg, as they only go up to 7C822D (VH-ZZZ) so it's most likely a military plane.
              - Matt
              T-YPPH2

Comment

• Thanks Matt.
                F-YBNA2

Comment

• Hate to have been in that storm

T-YBSU1

Comment

• Originally posted by JinbaIttai View Post
                    so it's most likely a military plane.
                    Could also be a recreational registered aircraft.

7CBBAE = 19-8316 (thanks to the broadcasted callsign)

Today I picked up 7CC3A1, which was using a callsign of "R8437", but only flying around 800 metres at about 150 km/h, unlikely to be a military aircraft.
                    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Anyone tagged the BA 777 visitor yet? I half pie expect to see a raaf BBj to make a trip to nzwn from Syd or cranberra today with the royals to nz if last visit was anything to go by.

Due nz approx 1pm lt

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-04-06, 19:59.
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        Anyone tagged the BA 777 visitor yet? I half pie expect to see a raaf BBj to make a trip to nzwn from Syd or cranberra today with the royals to nz if last visit was anything to go by.

Due nz approx 1pm lt

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                        I think both the RAAF BBJs might be in Japan/Korea/China at the moment with the PM and his party of 600 but being a royalist he just might have left one at home - anyway, I think the BBJs only have about 30 seats - might have had to charter a Qantas A380 (or two).

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                          I think both the RAAF BBJs might be in Japan/Korea/China at the moment with the PM and his party of 600 but being a royalist he just might have left one at home - anyway, I think the BBJs only have about 30 seats - might have had to charter a Qantas A380 (or two).
                          I know one of them was, might be a CL60 left behind. That or we are footing the bill on the 757 again. Their immediate entorage is quite small. So last time the BBJ was fine. The rest flew cattle class :P
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Stand down.

RNZAF 757 charter SYD-WLG 'Royal ONE'

Comment

• According to News.com.au, they were on QF2 (VH-OQJ).
                              F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                                According to News.com.au, they were on QF2 (VH-OQJ).
                                Yes I was quite surprised to hear that myself. They even twitter pic'd themselves on a commoner flight! Maybe they only charter BAs for H.M.Q

Comment

Working...
                                X