No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for an offtopic question (I guess it might be covered elsewhere in the forum).
    What tool did you use to get that coverage picture?
    F-EVRA2

Comment

• I used SBSplotter, logged for about a week to record as accurate as possible on the range.

To have this shown on Google Maps or Google Earth, you'll need to follow http://sonicgoose.com/superimpose-po...-google-earth/

When you have the kml file, to display on Google Maps, click on (make sure you're logged on) "My Places" and click on "Or create with classic My Maps" and then click "Import". Don't forget to click "Save"!
      F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• I personally wouldn't go mounting a red light to your antenna. I wouldn't want a call from authorities questioning, tho highly unlikely and it's not necessary to have one if your antenna is as you describe. If your antenna was high enough to warrant one you CAN expect to be told soon enough.

Red lights for aviation purposes are only displayed where a permanent (or temporary crane etc. and is NOTAMed) obstacle like a hill or tall building/antenna that is WITHIN a certain height ABOVE the airport within the circling area for IFR/NVFR aircraft.
        F-YBNA2

Comment

• Originally posted by POR911 View Post
          ummm, see a few at YBBN at present. e.g...one with hex code? (7CF58E) Where do you find the details for this?
          Hex codes 7c0000 (VH-AAA) through to 7c822d (VH-ZZZ) map directly to VH-??? registrations, so if the aircraft is not listed on the 3 sites speedbird1960 mentioned then it is possible to find out the VH reg and look it up at http://www.regosearch.com/

I can share the math for converting hex <-> reg if anyone is interested

Codes higher than 7c822d (like the one you quoted) are used for military planes and there does not appear to be a direct conversion for those - although they do seem to be allocated in batches

http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/ has a list of some Aussie military planes, but again nothing close to the one you found.
          - Matt
          T-YPPH2

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen P View Post
            Glad to be aboard. Theres a big hole in radar where i live. I did apply for FR24 system but i believe theres a backlog. Read heaps and then sourced my cheap ass equipment as im not rich. Still wanted to contribute. Soldered my own antenna/connections, welded my own mast, mounted it to the house. Even worked out how to get it feeding by the power of the net. Wanted to make sure it wasnt just a waste of time. I can hear the tower on my pops old fm radio, i see aircraft land out my window, thought it would be cool to track as well. Hoping my feed is up to scratch. I could run it 24/7 i think but until i have a system worthy of this i will do my best in the meantime. This is all from my little computer room at the end of the house. A string of these up the coast would be better than what Air Services has. Heres hoping
            Great to see you feeding here any contribution is worthwhile and as far as I am aware there has been no low level coverage
            around Sunshine Coast Airport. I started with a simple system with low area of coverage but in an area with no "F" units then
            applied for one after feeding for some time. Keep up the good work it is appreciated

Comment

• I just did a crash course in paying attention. Thanks for all helpful info. Websites sites from speedbird1960 gave me a QLD police force (Airwing) from raw data hex. Also read a heap of threads. It seems unless i have an f box ill never see the ground like i can out my window like i do. We have HEAPS of ALL sorts of traffic here, but YBSU1 always will win. Not sure of their location, worked out if its me feeding or not and get overtaken. Im thinking of where i live, the surounding terrain and makes sense. Flat and close vs high and signal/processing/equpiment/what your not meant to see. I am Fascinated

Comment

• I don't think F-YBSU is anywhere near Sunshine Coast, could be wrong but seem to recall its closer to CCA.
                So you could be providing the only low level coverage in that area.

Comment

• Some aircraft I've picked up but can't find anything.

3020C8 (very commonly seen and always picking this up at around 2700 to 4000 m, likely an aircraft using an incorrect ICAO hex)
                  7CC395 (call sign is "247196", likely registration is 24-7196 [Recreational] but Recreational Aviation Australia hasn't updated its public list)
                  7C17B7 (call sign is "VHEYX" but nothing found for "VH-EYX" on CASA)
                  7C4396 (no call sign)
                  F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                    7C4396 (no call sign)
                    7C4396 maps to VH-NMW - http://www.regosearch.com/aircraft/au/NMW
                    - Matt
                    T-YPPH2

Comment

• F-YBSU1 and F-YBSU2 both confirmed as Sunshine Coast Australia as per new feeders thread. Also early in post YMHU1 for Sunshine Coast??? I am YSBU3 right next to the airport. Makes we wonder

Comment

• YMHU= Mcarthur River Mine Airport (Mcarthur River, Northern Territory AU)

AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Originally posted by JinbaIttai View Post
                          Hex codes 7c0000 (VH-AAA) through to 7c822d (VH-ZZZ) map directly to VH-??? registrations, so if the aircraft is not listed on the 3 sites speedbird1960 mentioned then it is possible to find out the VH reg and look it up at http://www.regosearch.com/

I can share the math for converting hex <-> reg if anyone is interested

Codes higher than 7c822d (like the one you quoted) are used for military planes and there does not appear to be a direct conversion for those - although they do seem to be allocated in batches

http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/ has a list of some Aussie military planes, but again nothing close to the one you found.
                          Hi Matt, How do you do the math to convert the hex to reg?

Geoff

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen P View Post
                            F-YBSU1 and F-YBSU2 both confirmed as Sunshine Coast Australia as per new feeders thread. Also early in post YMHU1 for Sunshine Coast??? I am YSBU3 right next to the airport. Makes we wonder
                            Well I am F-YMAY1 Albury.

I am no where near Albury - not even in the same state.

Radar Idents are totally meaningless in many cases.

So don't believe every thing you read here.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                              YMHU= Mcarthur River Mine Airport (Mcarthur River, Northern Territory AU)

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/airport/YMHU
                              Yeah we all knew that it was a FR stuff up

Comment

• Geoff, I have a notepad file "Australian Civil Hexcodes" which covers 7C0000 = VH-AAA thru to 7C822D = VH-ZZZ. Military hexcode allocation is a lottery? I only see how to attach photos and videos in this forum, not sure how I can attach files.

Noel

Comment

Working...
                                X