No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airnrail, F-YBNA1 receiver is located about 1.4nm south of YBNA runway 06 threshold. The antennae is now mounted on a 6 meter pole, approx 7 meters higher than it previously was, getting it clear of lots of trees etc. According to my plot on FR my range has increased from an average of 180nm to around 235nm.
    F-YBNA2

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
      Airnrail, F-YBNA1 receiver is located about 1.4nm south of YBNA runway 06 threshold. The antennae is now mounted on a 6 meter pole, approx 7 meters higher than it previously was, getting it clear of lots of trees etc. According to my plot on FR my range has increased from an average of 180nm to around 235nm.
      Does it need a red light on the top yet?

Comment

• Now that would be but sadly no.
        F-YBNA2

Comment

• WOW, Ive just noticed F-YSCN1 takes a huge chunk of Sydney area traffic.

Can the owner shed some light on why ? Super High antenna location ? extra gain tuned in ?

Scrap that. Maybe its because it's the only F box in the Sydney basin.
          Last edited by Lancair70; 2014-04-01, 08:07.
          F-YBNA2

Comment

• MLAT coverage info in Australia
            After an initial beta testing of MLAT for premium users, we are now satisfied with how it works and we have launched it for all our users on www.flightradar24.com and in our apps (http://www.flightradar24.com/apps). You can read more about ADS-B, MLAT and FAA on our how it works-page (http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works)

Comment

• Hi all im a newbie, but managed to get my dongle uploading. I think i am YBSU-3, on the Sunshine Coast. RIGHT next to the Airport. Ive tracked aircraft that webtrak does'nt see but being a newbie not sure if this is better coverage or not. Im sure my mediocre setup is superceded during tower hours, but if alls running smooth I get the feeling that its the only coverage by night. Anyone out there that can confirm?

Comment

• I like the humour of these things. MY Antenna is 7 going 8 Metres above roofline. Cant afford a red light but asked missus about an orange bunnings flag close to the top. We both agreed not necessary. Height is just under power lines and i think if your flying that low my flexi antena is the last of your worries.

Comment

• Did i say something to upset?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen P View Post
                    Did i say something to upset?
                    Nah, just that no one knows the answer.

welcome aboard.

Some people run radar software on their work PC's / Laptops ... and take them home with them at end of day.

Comment

• Glad to be aboard. Theres a big hole in radar where i live. I did apply for FR24 system but i believe theres a backlog. Read heaps and then sourced my cheap ass equipment as im not rich. Still wanted to contribute. Soldered my own antenna/connections, welded my own mast, mounted it to the house. Even worked out how to get it feeding by the power of the net. Wanted to make sure it wasnt just a waste of time. I can hear the tower on my pops old fm radio, i see aircraft land out my window, thought it would be cool to track as well. Hoping my feed is up to scratch. I could run it 24/7 i think but until i have a system worthy of this i will do my best in the meantime. This is all from my little computer room at the end of the house. A string of these up the coast would be better than what Air Services has. Heres hoping

Comment

• Your feeder software should give you some stats about what you're uploading, and if you are in a coverage hole you will see your radar id on the FR24 website for the planes you feed.

If there is an F- radar nearby, it will probably take precedence though - due to its fast parallel decoder speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Now the fun begins expanding the database.. bags not!

But seriously, ya'll will need to start adding them to the new airacraft area, there will be a tonne of un-knowns appearing now.
                          Yeah, looking now at an a/c..just says Learjet 45,(LJ45) found by T-MLAT3 passing Noosa.. I guess private so no other details etc

Comment

• ummm, see a few at YBBN at present. e.g...one with hex code? (7CF58E) Where do you find the details for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by POR911 View Post
                              ummm, see a few at YBBN at present. e.g...one with hex code? (7CF58E) Where do you find the details for this?
                              I use these mainly.

Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-04-01, 12:35.
                              AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Why not get a low voltage (rechargeable via a solar panel) red led light? Even modify a bike light. Not sure if it will cause interference (though IMHO, it would).

I pick up a few aircraft that are still using the old ICAO Hex (IIRC it's tied to the registration) or not even listed on any site. Have to have a dig around the VRS log and see what aircraft I can't find registrations for.

Anyway, it has been about a week (more or less) since I redone the antenna set-up, far more reliable and consistent.

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 11.02.42 PM.png
                                Last edited by YSWG; 2014-04-01, 14:25.
                                F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Working...
                                X