Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff,

Help me this please.

Laverton has been closed for 20 years. Fence across the runway, weeds poking through the old bitumen.

Send me some more details and I'll have a look, I cant see any thing near TVL at 04:40 today that would be your target.

We cant have the same "Ident" defeats the purpose?? I can confirm I'm T-YDKI1, if you think otherwise let a Forum Moderator know please.

Comment

• Oblivian,

Can you check out our identifications please, I'm (Traveller) and was/am T-YDKI1, there is a newbie (VK4XA) at Innisfail near me and he thinks he's F-YDKI1 which would be rather odd. If locations are based upon nearest airport then I thought he would be x-YIFLx as that would be more appropriate?

Thanks,

Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveller View Post
        Jeff,

Help me this please.

Laverton has been closed for 20 years. Fence across the runway, weeds poking through the old bitumen.

Send me some more details and I'll have a look, I cant see any thing near TVL at 04:40 today that would be your target.

We cant have the same "Ident" defeats the purpose?? I can confirm I'm T-YDKI1, if you think otherwise let a Forum Moderator know please.
        It may not have been Laverton but it was west of Melbourne, the track is viewable in the replay.
        The aircraft heads out towards Port Moresby and continues on a bit, possibly heading for Guam.

I was intrigued that the trace did NOT show any registration number at all, all it said was BLOCKED.

According to the email I got, I am F-YDKI1, not T-YDKI1, I have FR24 receiver equipment here.

Jeff
        -
        Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA
        East Innisfail, QLD, Australia
        F-YDKI1

Comment

• Afraid I don't have that kind of access
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Guys, there are many examples in Australia of both F and T receivers with the same airport code and numerical suffix. Just a few examples are YSCB1 Canberra, YWLM1 Williamtown, TDDN2 Darwin, YBBN1 Brisbane, YPAD2 Adelaide and YMLT1 Launceston. It is doubtful that these are all actually anywhere near the relevant airports because FR24 in their wisdom have also been allocating airport codes that are nowhere near the feeder. The outstanding example and the subject of earlier discussion elsewhere on this forum is F-YMAY1. YMAY is the code for Albury, NSW whereas the feeder is at Bairnsdale Victoria. Go figure. Cheers.
            Last edited by airnrail; 2014-02-17, 06:52. Reason: Correct the code for Albury

Comment

• You would think for clarity sake, each feeder be identified as close to a reference point as possible..eg, in my case YBBN(Brisbane) If the feeders are in the greater Brisbane area within x of the airport, then Y or T YBBN1...etc would suffice. If further out, say at Redcliffe or Archerfield where there are small general aviation airports, then it would be appropriate for Y or T YBAF1 etc (Archerfield) and Y or T YRED. Likewise if the feeder was for enroute, the same rules could apply, or even a reference to a town/city if no local airport served. I see this some times, but then other times one YBBN feeder is located in Toowoomba, some 100+kms away from YBBN. Maybe as more and more feeders come on line, FR will give some more thought to this, just so they can at a glance see where all the feeds are located and where holes are still an issue.

Regards
              Geoff

Comment

• I agree, I thought the idea was to have the feeder named after the nearest airport that was either: registered, licenced, or allocated an ICAO code. Yes, you may well have 10 feeder in Brisbane but at least you knew where they were. Then moving away the nearest airport. This cant be all that hard. from Google earth you can supply FR24 with your exact Lat/Long and then a simple Trig programme will determine nearest airport. Go figure!

Comment

• We are told that the feeder radar code is just a unique code - itself it doesn't really have much meaning. I am curious as to where people are feeding from - especially with long distance contacts - and would be more than happy if people would put something in their sig or profile that said roughly where they are - not particularly the exact location, but town name, city district, etc. since they could be 100km north or south of the nearest big airport and still get a similar code. In fact it would be nice if there was a lookup table we could contribute the radar code at and the location with as much or little accuracy as we desired.

Comment

• Yes I agree some feeder area mapping would be helpful to both parties. FR could see at a glance where they have plenty of coverage, and we users could see the same and if we see a hole, some one maybe more inclined to offer to become a feeder. Though now I say this, FR can see where all their feeders are and of course the 'private' feeders have to supply their coordinates before they can feed the system. Maybe there is some commercial in confidence thing that it is better feeders locations are not publicised.

Anyway, I must say the network coverage is improving in leaps and bounds since FR started supplying hardware.

Regards
                    Geoff

Comment

• I agree something needs to be done better on the server side(script). Maybe FR24 is working on something in the back room.
                      It could be base on something like this page http://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/ or http://flightaware.com/adsb/coverage

We have these two pages to look at till something better comes out for us FR24 feeders.

FR24 Feeders Map on Google Map.

FR24 Feeder Station List.
                      FR24.com - South East Asia Feeders (Please note that this thread is a guide and not guaranteed to be 100% accurate or complete, Speedbird) List updated on 20/5/2015 Brunei Radar F-WBSB1 - Brunei International Airport, Brunei. (down for a long time) Cambodia Radar T-VDSR1 - Siem Reap International Airport F-VDSR1 T
                      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Flight watchers

Hi there - my name is Megan and I'm a journalist at the Sydney Morning Herald.
                        We noticed that many people were tracking yesterday's hijacked Ethiopian Airlines flight online, and I'm interested in speaking to someone who regularly monitors flights online.
                        If you're free for a quick chat on the phone, please contact me on mlevy@fairfaxmedia.com.au
                        Many thanks
                        Megan

Comment

• Flightaware has built in statistics and details of feeder stations long time ago and it is easy to find who is on and who is off line.FR24 do not want to be bothered with it any more.Did we discuss about this earlier?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                            I agree something needs to be done better on the server side(script). Maybe FR24 is working on something in the back room.
                            It could be base on something like this page http://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/ or http://flightaware.com/adsb/coverage

We have these two pages to look at till something better comes out for us FR24 feeders.

FR24 Feeders Map on Google Map.

FR24 Feeder Station List.
                            http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...r-Station-List
                            Hi Brian,
                            The FR24 Feeder Station List is a great start, as at least you can see how many feeders are in an area. The Feeders map on Google is a tad basic, and by the looks not populated as per the feeder station list.

Be great if FR, from their feeder experience would provide a dynamic map showing feeders and their range coverage, which for most will not be a round circle.

Regards
                            Geoff

Comment

• Originally posted by POR911 View Post
                              Hi Brian,
                              The FR24 Feeder Station List is a great start, as at least you can see how many feeders are in an area. The Feeders map on Google is a tad basic, and by the looks not populated as per the feeder station list.

Be great if FR, from their feeder experience would provide a dynamic map showing feeders and their range coverage, which for most will not be a round circle.

Regards
                              Geoff
                              All flights tracked 'this' week as a static picture on a map.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• First MLAT test in Australia. Not public yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X