No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kemistry, thanks for the info. Should be easy enough to try shortening the antenna but I'd like to see the result with the R820 first.
    When I started a few weeks back I could barely see past about 50nm, new antenna big improvement, new coax also resulted in more
    coverage. I really need to establish a base line so I can measure improvements or indeed lack of same.

Comment

Had a look at the coverage of the new FR24 feeder at Ayres Rock (F-YAYE1) today. Terrific coverage that gets into WA and SA in corners where there has previously been nothing. Well done to the host/s and FR24. In the lower part of the NT this new feeder combines well with Alice Springs to pretty much provide continuous coverage between the QLD and WA borders.

Comment

I visited Ayers Rock last year and it was a really fantastic experience. The area around is really flat, so the coverage should be really good

Comment

Greetings all,

I am F-YAYE1 in Uluru (Ayers Rock or Yulara for the locals). I received the gear from Germany yesterday and its installed and transmitting for the past 24 hours. Antenna is mounted approx 6M above the ground and as stated before it complements the Alice Springs feed and increases it to SA and WA. I am approx 7Km from the AYQ airport and can see ground movements as well. I am impressed with the coverage and tonight estimated around 500Km (according to the measurements on the FR map) circumference around me. I take control from Alice Springs approx 160Km out from AYQ so overlap is great.

Looking foward to supplying data for all to enjoy.

Regards, Scott

Comment

Originally posted by trigge View Post
            Greetings all,

I am F-YAYE1 in Uluru (Ayers Rock or Yulara for the locals). I received the gear from Germany yesterday and its installed and transmitting for the past 24 hours. Antenna is mounted approx 6M above the ground and as stated before it complements the Alice Springs feed and increases it to SA and WA. I am approx 7Km from the AYQ airport and can see ground movements as well. I am impressed with the coverage and tonight estimated around 500Km (according to the measurements on the FR map) circumference around me. I take control from Alice Springs approx 160Km out from AYQ so overlap is great.

Looking foward to supplying data for all to enjoy.

Regards, Scott
            Thank you Scott and FR24 for the coverage there!

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike;39930]I visited Ayers Rock last year and it was a really fantastic experience. The area around is really flat, so the coverage should be really good QUOTE]

Good photo Mike. Too many folk get hung up trying to photograph the changing colours on the Rock like pro landscape photogs do - great to see it bathed in full sunlight.

Comment

Greetings all,

I am F-YAYE1 in Uluru (Ayers Rock or Yulara for the locals). Regards, Scott
                You've got a good one there Scott - thanks heaps.

Comment

Greetings all,

I am F-YAYE1 in Uluru (Ayers Rock or Yulara for the locals).
                  You got a hat trick last night - three A380s almost in a line and on F-YAYE1 simultaneously. In case you missed it, the flights were SIA222, SIA228 and QFA9. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                    You got a hat trick last night - three A380s almost in a line and on F-YAYE1 simultaneously. In case you missed it, the flights were SIA222, SIA228 and QFA9. Cheers.
                    No big deal - I see A380s in one straight line regularly here.
                    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                      No big deal - I see A380s in one straight line regularly here.
                      Your comment contributes nothing - why write it? The person my post was directed to is very new here and he has just put up a feeder that is exceptionally useful. It's called encouragement.

Comment

Glad to hear that the 3 were off my feed, im sure there will be more down the track. As this feed has only be up for 4 days it is good to see interest in it. Hope to be feeding for many more years to come.

Comment

Gaps to be filled , around Weipa, Horn Island and Broome or Derby. ..

Comment

Ok who read this post, then switched on F-YPKU1 activated in Kununurra, Australia not long after...LOL thanks.. 1 down 2 to go...

Comment

Originally posted by sirsteve View Post
                              Ok who read this post, then switched on F-YPKU1 activated in Kununurra, Australia not long after...LOL thanks.. 1 down 2 to go...
                              Jeez Kunanurra is a good place to have a feeder - there's been nothing between Darwin and Port Hedland. Apart from high fliers, it should also get the Argyle traffic. Well done.

Comment

VH-ZPC (Virgin Australia Embraer 190) is now ADS-B equipped as of 19th October 2013, leaving only two, VH-ZPD and VH-ZPK to go.
                                Last edited by fungus; 2013-10-19, 04:58.
                                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
                                X