X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-GCUL Falcon 7X

Comment

• Originally posted by PiRad108 View Post
      Has anyone got any info on the blocked flight that left Adelaide this morning 17/03/2018 and overflew Brisbane about 1010 Brisbane time so 0010 Z I guess. It shows on the main FR screen but no details of what it is.
      C-GCUL

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Has anyone got any info on the blocked flight that left Adelaide this morning 17/03/2018 and overflew Brisbane about 1010 Brisbane time so 0010 Z I guess. It shows on the main FR screen but no details of what it is.
        Thanks for the details, I just checked it out pretty impressive with an 11000 km range, it could easily make Honolulu.
        T-YBBN167 PiRad108

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
          No info about that flight but in case you have not come across it, a lot of blocked flights that overfly Brisbane can be identified on SEQ Radar. Just Google those words and you'll find it. It's a tracker a bit like FR24, run by enthusiasts but with a limited range over mainly SE Qld /NE NSW. There is no playback facility as far as I know so you have to pick up the plane live while it is within range. Very few aircraft except combat military types and law enforcement are blocked.
          I have to wonder why anyone wants to have their aircraft appear as "BLOCKED". Nothing is more certain to draw attention to that aircraft and given that there are any number
          of sites that do not filter aircraft, its easy to find out what it is. Who worries about generic aircraft eg GLEX they draw little attention and by at least giving the type it satisifys
          the interest of most observers.

Comment

• Well that just got confusing. Ek413 now uae5cl...

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Not really that novel an idea. In the UK, many moons ago, there were frequent issues with BA intercity shuttle flights using calls like BA4682 BA4826 and so on. The resolution, which I think may still be used, was callsigns such as SH6T (Shuttle 6 tango) with the 6 for the London-Glasgow and various other numbers (I cannot recall the rest) for the remaining London to provincial city flights. For some reason there was never a Shuttle 1 Tango.

Comment

• it may be global. kicking in our lunchtime or 0000z

it come in on ek412 but diff return. going to mess route dbase up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• It looks like Emirates is planning on expanding their fleet and routes a little. There is limited use of alphanumeric call signs that I have seen.
                  T-YBBN167 PiRad108

Comment

• This mornings A380 from Sydney to Dubai is using the new format callsign UAE8JH and flight number EK415 while the Melbourne - Dubai service hasnt changed. Interesting as the scheduled and actual departure times were identical. They are currently playing follow the leader across Western Australia.

I have my aircraft labels set to show callsign on the first row and not the flight numbers as many of the light aircraft apparently haven't configured the callsign field and it comes up blank. What do other feeders do ?

ylis

Comment

It looks like Emirates is planning on expanding their fleet and routes a little. There is limited use of alphanumeric call signs that I have seen.
                      It is not an expansion and doesn't just relate to Australia. This will be a global change for Emirates where callsign suffixes exist for many airlines in the busy 'north'. Emirates has so many flights around the world that like many others they need to reduce possibility of confusion.
                      Michael
                      Palmerston North,
                      New Zealand
                      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• I've occasionally seen Qantas use a callsign such as QF22D and had assumed this is because it was significantly delayed. Would this be right ? I suppose the 'two numbers' in the suffix instead of 'two letters' could allow this to continue and not add to the confusion .... ?

Peter

ylis

Comment

• Originally posted by ylis View Post
                          I've occasionally seen Qantas use a callsign such as QF22D and had assumed this is because it was significantly delayed. Would this be right ? I suppose the 'two numbers' in the suffix instead of 'two letters' could allow this to continue and not add to the confusion .... ?

Peter
                          Like Air New Zealand I don't see the need for QANTAS to use alpha-numeric callsigns and believe the suffix "D" still remains an indicator for a delayed scheduled flight. ANZ also use this suffix.
                          Michael
                          Palmerston North,
                          New Zealand
                          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Or diversion completion of original route

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've occasionally seen Qantas use a callsign such as QF22D and had assumed this is because it was significantly delayed. Would this be right ? I suppose the 'two numbers' in the suffix instead of 'two letters' could allow this to continue and not add to the confusion .... ?

Peter
                              The only Qantas flights I've ever seen with a D suffix are those operated by Dash Q400 aircraft as distinct from the smaller Q300 and Q200 versions that Qantas also operate. The Q400s are actually operated by Sunstate Airlines, the other Dashs by Eastern Australia Airlines. Both of these are wholly owned QantasLink subsidiaries. QantasLink itself is a Qantas subsidiary! It's got a lot to do with salary levels and you can probably guess that the highest salaries are not generally found in the subsidiaries.

Comment

Peter
                                I often see flights with the D appended to the flight number. I thought it was to do with the flight being delayed and as there is a possibility of the usual flight also being in the air much later, the delayed flight has the D appended so that you do not have two flight numbers in the air at the same time. Giving the delayed flight a new flight number causes great confusion for waiting/connecting pax, so the D while signifying a delayed flight for the original flight number.

Comment

Working...
                                X