• Oblivian
    replied
    it may be global. kicking in our lunchtime or 0000z

it come in on ek412 but diff return. going to mess route dbase up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Stealth
    replied
    Not really that novel an idea. In the UK, many moons ago, there were frequent issues with BA intercity shuttle flights using calls like BA4682 BA4826 and so on. The resolution, which I think may still be used, was callsigns such as SH6T (Shuttle 6 tango) with the 6 for the London-Glasgow and various other numbers (I cannot recall the rest) for the remaining London to provincial city flights. For some reason there was never a Shuttle 1 Tango.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Well that just got confusing. Ek413 now uae5cl...

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&so...TlcV4vkkdXQEUE

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• nomad77
    replied
    Originally posted by airnrail View Post
    No info about that flight but in case you have not come across it, a lot of blocked flights that overfly Brisbane can be identified on SEQ Radar. Just Google those words and you'll find it. It's a tracker a bit like FR24, run by enthusiasts but with a limited range over mainly SE Qld /NE NSW. There is no playback facility as far as I know so you have to pick up the plane live while it is within range. Very few aircraft except combat military types and law enforcement are blocked.
    I have to wonder why anyone wants to have their aircraft appear as "BLOCKED". Nothing is more certain to draw attention to that aircraft and given that there are any number
    of sites that do not filter aircraft, its easy to find out what it is. Who worries about generic aircraft eg GLEX they draw little attention and by at least giving the type it satisifys
    the interest of most observers.

Leave a comment:

• PiRad108
    replied
    Originally posted by PiRad108 View Post
    Has anyone got any info on the blocked flight that left Adelaide this morning 17/03/2018 and overflew Brisbane about 1010 Brisbane time so 0010 Z I guess. It shows on the main FR screen but no details of what it is.
    Thanks for the details, I just checked it out pretty impressive with an 11000 km range, it could easily make Honolulu.

Leave a comment:

• nomad77
    replied
    Has anyone got any info on the blocked flight that left Adelaide this morning 17/03/2018 and overflew Brisbane about 1010 Brisbane time so 0010 Z I guess. It shows on the main FR screen but no details of what it is.
    C-GCUL

https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/C-GCUL

Leave a comment:

• Stealth
    replied
    C-GCUL Falcon 7X

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    No info about that flight but in case you have not come across it, a lot of blocked flights that overfly Brisbane can be identified on SEQ Radar. Just Google those words and you'll find it. It's a tracker a bit like FR24, run by enthusiasts but with a limited range over mainly SE Qld /NE NSW. There is no playback facility as far as I know so you have to pick up the plane live while it is within range. Very few aircraft except combat military types and law enforcement are blocked.

Leave a comment:

• PiRad108
    replied

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    I notice that today we seem to be back to T-EST dashed lines pretty much everywhere - no more YSSY feeders with an apparent range out to near Fiji if the plane is a bit too south of Noumea.

Leave a comment:

• PiRad108
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Based on transponder HEX and possibly fleet list

And yes, WGTL is aussies codename 'wedgetail'
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_AEW%26C
    Yes I looked them up at wikipedia myself they look pretty impressive with that monkey riding their back.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    I just picked up WGTL04 over Brisbane at 25000 ft on my feed but it did not show on FR and yet DRGN - I think that is the Amberley flight designation, regularly show. It is apparently an AEW&C plane, is it the squawk that tells FR this flight is not for publication ?
    Based on transponder HEX and possibly fleet list

And yes, WGTL is aussies codename 'wedgetail'
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_AEW%26C

Leave a comment:

• PiRad108
    replied
    I just picked up WGTL04 over Brisbane at 25000 ft on my feed but it did not show on FR, apparently it is an AEW&C plane. However I regularly pick up Amberley Dragon flights any ideas.
    Last edited by PiRad108; 2018-03-06, 11:41. Reason: more cohesive sentence structure

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    Originally posted by ylis View Post
    Hmmm - since ylis is listed as the owner of T-YBKE1, I'd best explain: the RPi at Bourke didn't revive itself after the mid January 18.9 glitch. Its currently "on test" near the salty water and I'm simply waiting for the best time to go for the long drive to re-establish this feeder.
    Thanks for the explanation. Glad to hear you are going to put it back up out there but it's a bloody long drive all right. BTW I don't suppose you also own T-YBDV1? That's Birdsville for anybody who doesn't know the airport code and as far as I know there has never been a feeder out there but I have also seen that one briefly around north-east NSW.

Leave a comment:

• ylis
    replied
    Thanks Gregg

Update: It seems once a flight is covered by an Aussie receiver the track immediately changes from a solid line (darker purple) to dashed black line and the FIR changes to the correct area

I also saw that this morning watching QF96 and VOZ2 coming into Sydney

Peter

Leave a comment:

Working...
X