No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be a glitch - PAO856 is between Port Macquarie and Lord Howe Island - but showing the FIR/UIR is Nadi and QF4 is southeast of New Caledonia showing Oakland Centre.

Also multiple flights are squawking 2000

ylis

Comment

• There was also a T-EST which was EST(timated) position for some time. It may just be labeling wrongly now (more move away from alias use)
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Peter,

Yes mate, looks to be just a case of us aussies catching up with old news. Nothing's changed, always the last to know.

Seems there's a few FR24 glitches at present. My stats haven't shown correctly since last November and they're still scratching their ball... oops, heads over that in support. I'm currently 530/550 on the aussie radar list and rapidly approaching the bottom. Wonder what the wooden spoon looks like?

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        There was also a T-EST which was EST(timated) position for some time. It may just be labeling wrongly now (more move away from alias use)
        Haven't seen that alias in some time. Seems a fair assessment.

At present some flights are showing 'correctly' (with the dashed lines) whilst others are not. Something of a lottery.

Regards,
        Gregg

Update: It seems once a flight is covered by an Aussie receiver the track immediately changes from a solid line (darker purple) to dashed black line and the FIR changes to the correct area.

FJI915.jpg This flight was showing under NADI FIR with a Fiji radar code in this location until picked up by T-YPEC4.
        Last edited by fungus; 2018-03-03, 11:26. Reason: updated info.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• The other lot still shows as estimated with similar locations. And checking track attributes said estimate to whatever AUS ATC is (which could be HFcars/Sat)

/edit

And the last portion of each track basically blinks as it refreshes a darker purple than the 'real' coverage area..
          Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-03-03, 09:01.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• You see some weird stuff on FR24 as regards feeders. Some time ago there was a new feeder, T-YBKE1, that appeared at Bourke in north-west NSW. It vanished after a few months which was a pity because it did a pretty good job out in that remote corner. Lo and behold early this week it was showing up as tracking a lighty around Byron Bay! One explanation would be that the host has relocated to the coast and fired up the receiver as though it was still in Bourke. Another would be that it's just a FR24 processing glitch. It was only visible for about 10 minutes and I've not seen it since. Who knows?

Comment

• T-YBKE-1 must have moved because the stats show the max range for it as 80 NM
              T-YBBN167 PiRad108

Comment

• Hmmm - since ylis is listed as the owner of T-YBKE1, I'd best explain: the RPi at Bourke didn't revive itself after the mid January 18.9 glitch. Its currently "on test" near the salty water and I'm simply waiting for the best time to go for the long drive to re-establish this feeder.

ylis

Comment

• Thanks Gregg

Update: It seems once a flight is covered by an Aussie receiver the track immediately changes from a solid line (darker purple) to dashed black line and the FIR changes to the correct area

I also saw that this morning watching QF96 and VOZ2 coming into Sydney

Peter

ylis

Comment

• Originally posted by ylis View Post
                    Hmmm - since ylis is listed as the owner of T-YBKE1, I'd best explain: the RPi at Bourke didn't revive itself after the mid January 18.9 glitch. Its currently "on test" near the salty water and I'm simply waiting for the best time to go for the long drive to re-establish this feeder.
                    Thanks for the explanation. Glad to hear you are going to put it back up out there but it's a bloody long drive all right. BTW I don't suppose you also own T-YBDV1? That's Birdsville for anybody who doesn't know the airport code and as far as I know there has never been a feeder out there but I have also seen that one briefly around north-east NSW.

Comment

• I just picked up WGTL04 over Brisbane at 25000 ft on my feed but it did not show on FR, apparently it is an AEW&C plane. However I regularly pick up Amberley Dragon flights any ideas.
                      Last edited by PiRad108; 2018-03-06, 11:41. Reason: more cohesive sentence structure
                      T-YBBN167 PiRad108

Comment

• Originally posted by PiRad108 View Post
                        I just picked up WGTL04 over Brisbane at 25000 ft on my feed but it did not show on FR and yet DRGN - I think that is the Amberley flight designation, regularly show. It is apparently an AEW&C plane, is it the squawk that tells FR this flight is not for publication ?
                        Based on transponder HEX and possibly fleet list

And yes, WGTL is aussies codename 'wedgetail'

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Based on transponder HEX and possibly fleet list

And yes, WGTL is aussies codename 'wedgetail'
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_AEW%26C
                          Yes I looked them up at wikipedia myself they look pretty impressive with that monkey riding their back.
                          T-YBBN167 PiRad108

Comment

• I notice that today we seem to be back to T-EST dashed lines pretty much everywhere - no more YSSY feeders with an apparent range out to near Fiji if the plane is a bit too south of Noumea.

Comment

• Has anyone got any info on the blocked flight that left Adelaide this morning 17/03/2018 and overflew Brisbane about 1010 Brisbane time so 0010 Z I guess. It shows on the main FR screen but no details of what it is.
                              T-YBBN167 PiRad108

Comment

• Originally posted by PiRad108 View Post
                                Has anyone got any info on the blocked flight that left Adelaide this morning 17/03/2018 and overflew Brisbane about 1010 Brisbane time so 0010 Z I guess. It shows on the main FR screen but no details of what it is.
                                No info about that flight but in case you have not come across it, a lot of blocked flights that overfly Brisbane can be identified on SEQ Radar. Just Google those words and you'll find it. It's a tracker a bit like FR24, run by enthusiasts but with a limited range over mainly SE Qld /NE NSW. There is no playback facility as far as I know so you have to pick up the plane live while it is within range. Very few aircraft except combat military types and law enforcement are blocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X