Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Stealth View Post
    I haven't seen any 27 or 50s for a while, I was mainly thinking of the loads of 100 series with Qantas (and associates), Virgin etc. Can't see them getting a Mode S exemption. Its not just me, as I saw another Planeplotter uploader that also struggled to track the same one. A day or so ago there were three outbound on the same SID, I got good tracking from 1 and 3, but the middle one was effectively invisible to me, although showing on FR24. Only seems to happen with F100s.
    I'm surprised that there are any Fokkers other than perhaps the odd F27 flying around Oz without ADS-B. Most of them, even those running for Qantas and Virgin are or have been owned by Alliance and they have always seemed to fit them with ADS-B before putting them into service, even long before it became mandatory. As far as I know the only RPT jet flying around Australia without it is a JetGo E135 VH-JZG. I'm not sure what it's story is but it always shows up as MLAT - one of very few Australian MLAT commercial aircraft on FR24 these days.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by airnrail View Post
      I'm surprised that there are any Fokkers other than perhaps the odd F27 flying around Oz without ADS-B. Most of them, even those running for Qantas and Virgin are or have been owned by Alliance and they have always seemed to fit them with ADS-B before putting them into service, even long before it became mandatory. As far as I know the only RPT jet flying around Australia without it is a JetGo E135 VH-JZG. I'm not sure what it's story is but it always shows up as MLAT - one of very few Australian MLAT commercial aircraft on FR24 these days.
      I wasn't suggesting that there were any without ADS-B, just that for some strange reason I (and at least one other) was having problems getting any signals. Another example is shown in the attached capture. The 'ghost' was bracketed by other aircraft, so coverage wasn't the issue.
      1652 cross.JPG1652 cross.JPG

      Comment


      • Hello eveyone,

        Just received my ADS-B dongle a couple of days ago, I am running it at Northgate about 8 kms from the Brisbane airport. I am just using the supplied internal antenna. I have started researching antennas and am looking at my first built antenna being a colineal coax using RG6 with a 16 element array. As you may have guessed from the name I ran raspberry pi's, I am reasonably competent with Linux operating systems having made the transition about 12 years ago and never looked back. I will probably post a few pics of planes at Brisbane airport also. As the ATC's say gedday.
        Last edited by PiRad108; 2018-02-23, 21:51. Reason: more info
        T-YBBN167 PiRad108

        Comment


        • Welcome to the community PiRad108, I started out with a 16 element coco, it worked great, from about 37m ASL I was able to out to 350km or so... I have no idea how it stacks up compared with my current antenna in my new location though. Being 2mtrs tall and made from high pressure PVC pipe, it is a bit to floppy to put at the top of my upper mast section... Wish I could, oh well.. Which radar are you PiRad108?
          T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

          Comment


          • Hello Bhaal
            Originally posted by bhaal View Post
            Which radar are you PiRad108?
            I am T-YBBN167 I will have to put it in my signature, today I am busy chopping up RG4 for the coco, I like that abbreviation, thnaks
            T-YBBN167 PiRad108

            Comment


            • Originally posted by PiRad108 View Post
              Hello eveyone,

              Just received my ADS-B dongle a couple of days ago, I am running it at Northgate about 8 kms from the Brisbane airport. I am just using the supplied internal antenna. I have started researching antennas and am looking at my first built antenna being a colineal coax using RG6 with a 16 element array. As you may have guessed from the name I ran raspberry pi's, I am reasonably competent with Linux operating systems having made the transition about 12 years ago and never looked back. I will probably post a few pics of planes at Brisbane airport also. As the ATC's say gedday.
              the supplied antenna that comes with the dongles isnt really optimized for adsb although it does work, i just trimmed mine down to the correct size but didnt notice much of a difference (am about 5km from YPAD)
              built myself the spider (non solder version) for under AUD$20, and stuck it to my old tripod and placed it on the carport roof, and it worked much better.

              going to attempt the colinier next, but for some reason avoided the coketenna and cantenna

              Comment


              • Well my coco is all taped up and in a conduit in the air just waiting until Monday when I can get some mcx connectors to plug it into the dongle. So what length did you cut the supplied antenna too ? I measured mine and calculated it to be a 1/4 wavelength.
                T-YBBN167 PiRad108

                Comment


                • New feeder at Geelong Airport?

                  Noticed today there is a new FR24 feeder with the code F-YGLG1. Victorian spotters might know differently but I don't think Geelong airport any longer exists and therefore YGLG is probably not a valid airport code. I guess it's not much different to T-YPOR1 for Portland which I think should be T-YPOD1. Anyway welcome and well done to the feeder who is hosting F-YGLG1.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                    New feeder at Geelong Airport?

                    Noticed today there is a new FR24 feeder with the code F-YGLG1. Victorian spotters might know differently but I don't think Geelong airport any longer exists and therefore YGLG is probably not a valid airport code. I guess it's not much different to T-YPOR1 for Portland which I think should be T-YPOD1. Anyway welcome and well done to the feeder who is hosting F-YGLG1.
                    Interesting point, I imagine it is more about the location of the feeder as FR uses radar like codes, in reality FR could use numbers but the codes used for the feeders adds an element of interest.
                    T-YBBN167 PiRad108

                    Comment


                    • Is anyone else noticing a lot more aircraft traffic over the ocean area between NZ, New Caledonia and the east coast of Australia today? Routes that were previously dotted lines / estimated positions are now solid reports - with some tagged feeder IDs over 750nm from their 'home airport locations'. At first I thought a new feeder must have been activated on Norfolk Island, but a number of different feeder codes are being shown.

                      Or has something new been added to FR24 ?

                      Peter

                      ylis

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ylis View Post
                        Is anyone else noticing a lot more aircraft traffic over the ocean area between NZ, New Caledonia and the east coast of Australia today? Routes that were previously dotted lines / estimated positions are now solid reports - with some tagged feeder IDs over 750nm from their 'home airport locations'. At first I thought a new feeder must have been activated on Norfolk Island, but a number of different feeder codes are being shown.

                        Or has something new been added to FR24 ?

                        Peter
                        Probably got proper satellite feed input now

                        THat said, a recent statement pretty much blew the idea of aliases out of the water even more.

                        If you know your database usage, this will make more sense.

                        Stating there is a table array for displaying aircraft at any one time, produced live from all the different sources of data it's receiving. And it's not a single line record from any one supplier, but a mixture of the sources to make the array complete

                        So the alias, is quite likely totally wrong/random/incorrect in 99% of the cases
                        https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...254#post102254
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ylis View Post
                          Is anyone else noticing a lot more aircraft traffic over the ocean area between NZ, New Caledonia and the east coast of Australia today? Routes that were previously dotted lines / estimated positions are now solid reports - with some tagged feeder IDs over 750nm from their 'home airport locations'. At first I thought a new feeder must have been activated on Norfolk Island, but a number of different feeder codes are being shown.

                          Or has something new been added to FR24 ?

                          Peter
                          Delcomp spent years trying to talk me into manning a rowboat out in the Tasman. Perhaps he's managed to get one up and running before I could.

                          Looks like Oblivian is correct and they've managed a sat feed and it's just hanging on to the last received (bogus?) alias. Thanks for the alert, hadn't noticed it.

                          Perhaps they're tapping into acars position reports. Whatever the reason, the map looks a tad more professional.

                          Regards,
                          Gregg
                          Last edited by fungus; 2018-03-03, 07:26.
                          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ylis View Post
                            Is anyone else noticing a lot more aircraft traffic over the ocean area between NZ, New Caledonia and the east coast of Australia today? Routes that were previously dotted lines / estimated positions are now solid reports - with some tagged feeder IDs over 750nm from their 'home airport locations'. At first I thought a new feeder must have been activated on Norfolk Island, but a number of different feeder codes are being shown.

                            Or has something new been added to FR24 ?

                            Peter
                            I see that its basic position information, groundspeed is probably being calculated which does suggest that its coming from a Sat feed.
                            Certainly great coverage if its true.

                            Looks a bit like a Glitch
                            Last edited by nomad77; 2018-03-03, 07:21.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
                              I see that its basic position information, groundspeed is probably being calculated which does suggest that its coming from a Sat feed.
                              Certainly great coverage if its true.

                              Looks a bit like a Glitch
                              Nomad77,

                              I think you're more correct re calculated positions than my assumptions as on watching the tracks they are straight just like the previous dotted lines and not following the expected great circle routes. I've flown across the Tasman in Flt Sim (I'll get my hand slapped for that piece of info) and it necessitates altering track frequently. One certainly doesn't fly straight lines.

                              Perhaps some one simply forgot to add the dots to the calculated paths at FR24 HQ today. PAO856 (and other aircraft) is coming into SYD from Apia with the same track pattern we're seeing across to NZ.

                              Having said all that, aircraft flying across the bite are showing the usual dotted track. So....

                              Regards,
                              Gregg
                              Last edited by fungus; 2018-03-03, 07:48.
                              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

                              Comment


                              • A similar post on another thread : https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post102485

                                ylis

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X