No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else seeing dud aircraft callsign "SLING" south of Brisbane? Hex 053977 Rego C-FTGI seems to be flying in South Africa. Two F-feeders credited with the data F-YBBN2/5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemistry View Post
      Anyone else seeing dud aircraft callsign "SLING" south of Brisbane? Hex 053977 Rego C-FTGI seems to be flying in South Africa. Two F-feeders credited with the data F-YBBN2/5.
      I do see this on a regular basis, I've asked questions about this in the FB spotters groups and apparently it is a sling (D6SL) ... And more than likely the rego is 25-8514 .. Not sure how accurate this info is, but at the time it was said to have been the only sling to have landed at YBAF when I saw the flight land there on radar...
      T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Thanks bhaal for the info. Now I wonder why the F- radars can see it but I can't. To be clear, FR24 web showed it but my local receiver did not register it (not even in tables that show ACs without positions). Funny coz I thought that I normally can see everything around BNE and concluded it was dud data on FR24. It was not flying too low for me so I wonder if it sends DF messages that I am not decoding? Hope I don't have to dig into all that message types again - gives me a headache.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemistry View Post
          Thanks bhaal for the info. Now I wonder why the F- radars can see it but I can't. To be clear, FR24 web showed it but my local receiver did not register it (not even in tables that show ACs without positions). Funny coz I thought that I normally can see everything around BNE and concluded it was dud data on FR24. It was not flying too low for me so I wonder if it sends DF messages that I am not decoding? Hope I don't have to dig into all that message types again - gives me a headache.
          I can't help you with that one.. I am running latest (I compile from git source regularly) dump1090-mutability with no unusual settings.. I see that SLING on a regular basis on my radar..

Comment

• Any reviews on the ADS-B antennas from aircrafttrackingavionics.com.au?
            ex-NZAL1

Comment

• Originally posted by cloud_9 View Post
              Any reviews on the ADS-B antennas from aircrafttrackingavionics.com.au?
              I've no experience with antennas as I only have my DIY coco, but that site is horrible...

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post
                I've no experience with antennas as I only have my DIY coco, but that site is horrible...
                My eyes are bleeding after looking at it...

But whats more concerning is a failure to comply with PCI DSS by suggesting payment may be made by emailing credit card details.
                Though they have been around for a while, '83 (ASIC verified) (which their website design sadly reflects) they've been doing aircraft tracking since 2006, so have been around long enough to have done something right.

Comment

• Hey 'Straya feeders.

If you didn't note from our NZ thread, NASA launched the super pressure this morning. We all lost it on feeder at about 72,000ft (need to horizontal an antenna maybe) - If the upper winds keep up you might see it in a few days

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    Hey 'Straya feeders.

If you didn't note from our NZ thread, NASA launched the super pressure this morning. We all lost it on feeder at about 72,000ft (need to horizontal an antenna maybe) - If the upper winds keep up you might see it in a few days

http://www.csbf.nasa.gov/map/balloon9/Google669NT.htm
                    Woooo... I will keep an eye out for it... Which reminds me, I wonder when Google will start flying their Loons around near us again...

Comment

• Good progress overnight. Headed to between Newcastle and Brissy
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Good progress overnight. Headed to between Newcastle and Brissy
                        Doesn't look like I will be seeing it... Oh well...

Comment

• Hmm nope, Sydney may not yet either. But should get some UFO sightings Someone posted an upper atmosphere map that shows a big fat spiraling wind over australia that may fling it back our way too

See current wind, weather, ocean, and pollution conditions, as forecast by supercomputers, on an interactive animated map. Updated every three hours.

Comment

• A friend (Margery Tongway) in Canberra took these photos about 30mins ago...

spb.jpgspb-zoomed.jpg
                            Last edited by bhaal; 2016-05-18, 09:17. Reason: Forgot to put photographers name in..

Comment

• Lit by the low sun. Outstanding. Is it all over the media as UFOs yet lol

Comment

Lit by the low sun. Outstanding. Is it all over the media as UFOs yet lol
                                I don't watch mainstream TV these days and I've seen only this 1 posting of it... But I only know a few people in the ACT so yeah, no idea... Those pics were taken with a 400mm lens btw..

Comment

Working...
                                X