No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest 16-7 version is sending ground vehicle data again and reasonably accurate over fairly large range (Thanks to you, I now know at least as far as along road at Ocean View).
    Yep - I'm K.7 and T-1 ... starting to think I've been in this game for too long ...
    Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemistry View Post
      Latest 16-7 version is sending ground vehicle data again and reasonably accurate over fairly large range (Thanks to you, I now know at least as far as along road at Ocean View).
      Well I am in Kallangur, and when I saw VAN190 it was on Dohles Rocks Rd, turning left onto Anzac Ave, I saw it again heading up Dayboro Rd after I did the snapshot..

EDIT: Ohhh, I see what you mean now, this morning my receiver picked it up at Oceanview, but as FR24 doesn't want to acknowledge the existance of the ICAO Hex number for the transponder I cannot see how well it was seen..

Originally posted by Kemistry View Post
      Yep - I'm K.7 and T-1 ... starting to think I've been in this game for too long
      Nah! Can never be doing things for to long, if I had of known about this kinda thing sooner, I'd be doing it sooner I wish FR24 would give us a list of active receivers the same way FA does, be nice to know just how many out of the actual number are running sites... Also, I very much appreciate the fact you switched to PiAware, the extra MLAT contributers are helpful to see on my local dump1090/VRS ... Still need someone in Redcliffe to get an PiAware feed going as mentioned to Ressy, I have a blackspot Just around me, mostly due to there being only 1 site to my north.. Probably would be helpful if Ressy would get PiAware going as well *hint hint*

Kem, what setup are you running with regards to antenna/amps/filters ?
      Last edited by bhaal; 2016-01-04, 09:43.
      T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post
        Kem, what setup are you running with regards to antenna/amps/filters ?
        ModeS Beast, SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 @ ~45m asl, second-hand mech filter (best thing I ever did - so much mobile interference).
        Can see YBBN international terminal that unfortunately shields my ground vehicle tracks.
        Changeover to Pi was not smooth but now stable - win7 had terrible timestamping.
        Would like to contribute to FR24 MLAT but haven't the energy to pursue.
        Not sure what my sub-1000foot reception is like where you need it in Redcliffe. I have a tin roof in that direction at horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post
          Please do try again, try compiling the actual PiAware package so that you will be able to enable MLAT, I'd really appreciate another MLAT capable receiver North of my position! Really really!
          one day when I get time, holidays are over as of errr 51 mins time, so wont be any time soon (and better get my @se into gear and off da Net), I
          ll let you know when I do have a go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemistry View Post
            ModeS Beast, SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 @ ~45m asl, second-hand mech filter (best thing I ever did - so much mobile interference).
            Can see YBBN international terminal that unfortunately shields my ground vehicle tracks.
            Changeover to Pi was not smooth but now stable - win7 had terrible timestamping.
            Would like to contribute to FR24 MLAT but haven't the energy to pursue.
            Not sure what my sub-1000foot reception is like where you need it in Redcliffe. I have a tin roof in that direction at horizon.
            I can atest you have phenomenal range even for low level, I'm sure you have ground at YRED, you afterall were the only one around for a long time so unless you dropped your antenna's from how they were few years back, every other feeder could turn off and you'd still let fr24 see everything it does today, or 99.9999999% of it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
              I can atest you have phenomenal range even for low level, I'm sure you have ground at YRED, you afterall were the only one around for a long time so unless you dropped your antenna's from how they were few years back, every other feeder could turn off and you'd still let fr24 see everything it does today, or 99.9999999% of it
              Without wishing to offend any other feeder around BNE because they would all be contributing something, I reckon that T-YBBN1 has been the most consistently useful feeder for a long, long time. Didn't we miss it a couple of years back when it disappeared for a while? Ressy is right that if most of the others are down and T-YBBN1 is up most of what happens around BNE is still visible. Well done Kemistry.

Comment

• I appreciate the recognition - at least FR24 (surprisingly) still publish the radar codes.
                And my going "missing" did have another good outcome for the YBBN area.
                Lots of folk found the hobby and we now have plenty of redundancy of local feeders.
                It is amazing how the numbers have grown and covered the world. Mike's 2015 map is an great achievement.
                We just now need to find a way to get cover of the oceans - innovation needed - maybe a Federal grant?
                What about - a large numbers of floating boxes with a dongle/Pi/mesh-radio?

Comment

• mlatfail.jpg

Tell me I'm not the only one seeing these MLAT contacts jumping around the ocean...
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6832[/ATTACH]

Tell me I'm not the only one seeing these MLAT contacts jumping around the ocean...
                    Must be a figment of your imagination because Mike says MLAT is extremely reliable, far more so than ADS-B, it doesn't lie - of course Mike is the only one who thinks this, because the rest of us see the high degree of inaccuracies of it every day

Comment

• I am not switching anything off! As for MLAT ... I can tell you right now, what you see on FR24 with regards to MLAT is horribly inaccurate indeed... What I see via the feedback from FA's mlat client on the other hand is a whole lot more accurate, which is why I try and encourage as many people as possible to participate in BOTH MLAT trials... The more the better, as it is, I can see MLAT planes right down to about 200ft at YBBN and a lot of time they are perfectly lined up for the runway, *sometimes* they are landing in the river or such though But overwall it's nothing to sneeze at considering what's responsible for the data.. Remember, FR24 require at least one of their own receivers to have sync with the SDR dongles... FA's implementation on the other hand does not...

Kem, how far about your roof is your antenna? And also, on the subject, an amplifier is only of use if I have a long cable run between the antenna and the receiver right? It's not going to do any good to just boot the further away or those which are behind an obstruction etc?
                      T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

Must be a figment of your imagination because Mike says MLAT is extremely reliable, far more so than ADS-B, it doesn't lie - of course Mike is the only one who thinks this, because the rest of us see the high degree of inaccuracies of it every day
                        If nothing else it's an innovative route from Christchurch to Singapore! I've been seeing this sort of garbage for months and it is not improving. Some of the non-ADSB Dash 8s and ATRs at times appear to be flying a ragged sawtooth route a bit like planes over the USA used to be rendered by the FAA feed.

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                          If nothing else it's an innovative route from Christchurch to Singapore! I've been seeing this sort of garbage for months and it is not improving. Some of the non-ADSB Dash 8s and ATRs at times appear to be flying a ragged sawtooth route a bit like planes over the USA used to be rendered by the FAA feed.
                          yeah, and thats sposed to be more trustworthy than single T feeders supplying ads-b data being ignored... this place used to be great years ago, but i think its gone to someones head and is now like a pile of paper scattered everywhere after someones turned the fan on.. just all over the place.

Comment

yeah, and thats sposed to be more trustworthy than single T feeders supplying ads-b data being ignored... this place used to be great years ago, but i think its gone to someones head and is now like a pile of paper scattered everywhere after someones turned the fan on.. just all over the place.
                            I didn't know that it was only the T feeders that need a mate before they are used. I assume then that a T can pair with an F because that would then explain why T feeders that are co-located with an F feeder in otherwise isolated areas, eg Emerald, are rarely if ever visible unless the corresponding F is also on air. Yeah I know the official line that feeder IDs mean nothing but common sense says that if an ID shows up on FR24 then that feeder must be operating even if its data is not being used for the whole time that the ID is visible.

Comment

• Any Sydney YSSY feeders out there? I posted a question on another thread here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...hicles-Missing about ground vehicles no longer displaying at YSSY. They used to display at the beginning of this year.
                              I am under 10km from YSSY and host F-YSSY3. I get ground traffic when viewing my receiver locally on VRS and have noticed their absence on FR24. I've actually talked to FR24 about this issue before and got more than the usual generic reply:

When it comes to vehicles, some vehicles use a different protocol that we don't decode at the moment.

We will discuss internally if we want to implement it.
                              And then in a subsequent reply:

I added it to the infamous todo-list yesterday, to decode ground traffic specific frames in our receivers.

Hopefully the developer will reach the task within a couple of weeks.
                              This, however, was back in April 2015.

Here's a screenshot from VRS's logs showing just one particular ground vehicle and how often it's seen on my F receiver, yet rarely/never appears on FR24:

Groundv.png

My problem (to me anyway) seems to be that I'm not being reported as being the receiving station on virtually all aircraft, even the ones flying overhead and at relative short distance. Earlier tonight, I had a flight leave Armidale Airport (2.5km away). I was the reporting station as it left the ground, and within a matter of moments swapped to another nearby receiver.
                              I wouldn't give too much weight to the radar that's listed on the site. According to the link Kpin gave, I am the number one rated FR24 feeder in Sydney with F-YSSY3, yet, often, there'll be no planes at all listed under my radar code. At other times, aircraft 400km+ away from me are shown under my radar code.

My range plot from VRS:
                              ADSB-20160101.jpg
                              Circles are 50km each with the outermost being 450km.

Edit: I spotted a ground vehicle at YSSY from my F- feeder on FR24, so I guess the problem's probably resolved now.
                              Last edited by eastons; 2016-01-10, 14:44.

Comment

• Significant number of Tamworth CT4B's now ADSB equipped with some unusual C/S. Does anyone know what these are:

HARR
                                CHLE
                                CHCK

ROLR I assume is RAAF as the CT4's used to use it in RAAF service

Any thoughts

Comment

Working...
                                X