No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it was an old question, but I didn't see an answer here....
    The RAAF C17's generally use the 'Stallion' Callsign - 36SQN (Previously used by the C130H), whilst the current fleet of C130J (37SQN) use 'Trojan'.
    I have seen our C17's and C130J's up on ADSB several times - sometimes they are identified as ASYxxx (C/S Aussie) when they are on international trips.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Comment

I understand all operations in CTA abv F290 require ADSB after 12th December 2013. Still some huge gaps in Australian coverage despite Mike's recent remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
        I understand all operations in CTA abv F290 require ADSB after 12th December 2013. Still some huge gaps in Australian coverage despite Mike's recent remarks.
        I think the Dec 2013 deadline has been modified a little - Fungus, I think it was, wrote something on here about it a few days ago but just about everything that can fly at or above FL29 is already equipped anyway - the problem ones are the Dash 8s, ATRs, a lot of King Airs, some of the SAABs etc etc that don't quite get to that altitude level and have a few years yet to comply.

Yes there are huge gaps over Oz none more so than a huge one with heaps of traffic that straddles the NSW-Qld border very roughly in the area bounded by Miles and Charleville in Qld and Bourke and Moree in NSW. Even the corporate jets at FL43 eventually disappear somewhere in this black hole. There are plenty of towns in this region such as the four mentioned plus others like Roma, Cunnamulla, St. George, Goondiwindi, Brewarrina that would be good feeder locations if there are any planespotters willing to have a go.

Comment

I come across these on a walk yesterday before heading home back to cold kiwiland

IMG_7203.jpgIMG_7203-2.jpg
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

[QUOTE=Oblivian;40868]I come across these on a walk yesterday.

Appreciate if you could give the location of the tower.

Comment

I would if I could remember lol

It was inland from Mudgeeraba, not far from Heinze Dam

Uhhmm..

Springbrook!

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks Oblivian, just wondering

Comment

Good to see T-YEML1 at Emerald Qld back on the air. Makes a big contribution in central Qld.

Comment

Any word on getting ground level back on at MEL?

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                      As an aside, Brisbane has only two feeders that normally pick anything up. On the rare occasions that T-YBBN1, which has amazing coverage, is down (like earlier today) another one, T-YBBN17, appears and T-YTWB1 at Toowoomba gets into Brisbane. Perhaps Brisbane, like Melbourne, could use a few more active feeders too.
                      Hi all, just started up online as F-YBBN1. I'm about 30km south of Toowoomba with a good view to the west (and elsewhere) so hopefully adding some value in the area being talked about.

Regards

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Paarmreader View Post
                        Hi all, just started up online as F-YBBN1. I'm about 30km south of Toowoomba with a good view to the west (and elsewhere) so hopefully adding some value in the area being talked about.

Regards

Geoff
                        Welcome to the fold, I don't suppose you would consider moving to Birdsville.

Comment

Originally posted by Paarmreader View Post

Regards

Geoff
                          Hi Geoff, you are getting very good coverage - I thought you just might have been closer to Tmba than Brisbane - another one where the airport does not correspond to location although you do shade T-YBBN1 in some parts of Brisbane and that takes some doing except in a blackout.

Pity you didn't have an opportunity to grab the moniker for the new Wellcamp airport - it will be YBWW (Brisbane West Wellcamp) apparently. John

Comment

Hey there,
                            Long time watcher/user of FR24.

Now in a position to be able to provide a 24hr feed, if I have the hardware.
                            Im not so technically inclined to build my own setup from a kit.

Can someone point me in the direction of some ready to go hardware please?

I have a suitable 24hr internet connection, suitable location that will enhance low level coverage in NE NSW based in YBNA and should get aircraft on the ground in Ballina. The antenna mounting location on a roof would be approx. 20-30m cable run from the router/internet connection.

Im hoping someone can help me.

Lancair
                            F-YBNA2

Comment

Few options

USB RTL TV tuner dongle (theres a separate Hardware thread for these) are your cheapest, but with that comes a bit of software tweaking to get them going.
                              MicroADSB USB dongle - similar lines but a bit more costly

Then you start branching into the expensive range. Beast, SBS etc etc

As for kit, most the sticks come with an adequate antenna. DIY ones can be made fairly cheaply if you are handy. And commercial ones are made by the likes of mobileone there in aus but can be costly.

One thing tou dont want to skimp on is the cable to the antenna. Short + low loss is the key. If you can run as you say ethernet to the antenna base and short length of coax.

Also pay to fill in a hardware hosting application. If you are in an area they want to cover they may well post you one to host.

Comment

Thanks or the info, Ill go searching and reading.

There is, from time to time a receiver in YBNA somewhere. It's sporadic when it's online and even when it is it doesn't seem to get below around 3000ft so I doubt ill qualify for a free one. YBCG is less than 100nm from me and has a near 24hr one. Mine will increase low level south of YBCG to around YCFS area and west and can be on 24hr through my works fixed ip adsl line.
                                F-YBNA2

Comment

Working...
                                X