No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the FR24 antenna, so it would be likely to degrade it if I used PVC pipe. The issue is with the rubber cap on the top.

Looks like I caught the cockatoo before it could do any damage, though it put a bit of mud on it!
    PSX_20150724_012300.jpg
    PSX_20150724_012401.jpg
    Last edited by YSWG; 2015-07-23, 15:27.
    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
      This is the FR24 antenna, so it would be likely to degrade it if I used PVC pipe. The issue is with the rubber cap on the top.

Looks like I caught the cockatoo before it could do any damage, though it put a bit of mud on it!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6270[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6271[/ATTACH]
      Your temporary modification might do the trick. I was under the impression that the top cap of the antenna was of the same material as the shaft.
      Cheers.

Comment

This is the FR24 antenna, so it would be likely to degrade it if I used PVC pipe. The issue is with the rubber cap on the top.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6270[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]6271[/ATTACH]
        if that fails, do some searching, you can get lightweight plastic owls, about a foot tall, you may try finding one and attaching it to the top, mum has one she uses to keep the bigger birds off her TV antennae (idea was recommended by TV ant repair dude who obviously has seen his fair share of bent elements, super glue should do the trick nicely, I'm sure FR24 wont mind given its a darn sight cheaper than to replace the antennae every 3 months

Comment

• Maybe plastic spikes for birds would help too. (search for "plastic spikes for birds antenna" see some photos for ideas.)
          Something sharp flat piece on top might work too.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Mt. Isa & Barmaga feeders back

Good see both of these very valuable FR feeders back on the air - Barmaga after many months. Just need Longreach and Broken Hill back now.

Comment

My homebrew coco is inside high pressure pvc .. doesn't seem to affect it that much if at all, I just need a bit more height..
              T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Hi all.

Just setup a Raspberry Pi using a DVB-T. Live under the flight path in Leichhardt just north of SYD airport.

How do I tell if my data is used or not?

Comment

• Whooops ... I didn't have the --mlat-forward switch turned on in dump1090-mutability but it was still forwarding the packets to fr24feed *sigh* So for the last 20hrs or so I've been pushing MLAT data as ADS-B data... GOOD WORK ME!

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post
                    Whooops ... I didn't have the --mlat-forward switch turned on in dump1090-mutability but it was still forwarding the packets to fr24feed *sigh* So for the last 20hrs or so I've been pushing MLAT data as ADS-B data... GOOD WORK ME!
                    You're in good company - there's at least one more around BNE and two near SYD showing the same effect. Does not matter much - the data seems pretty credible to me. I've not seen so many DH8s and ATRs on FR24 as in the last week or so around these two cities.

Comment

• Hi, Can anyone explain to me if this is ok? I get a lot of 'tracked' AC with no location.

FR24 Feeder Tracked Aircraft List

Updated: 07:40:04 GMT+1000 (AEST)

ModeS: 7C58E4 Callsign: N/A
                      Lat: 0
                      Long: 0
                      Alt: 19800ft
                      SQW: 3602

ModeS: 7C6277 Callsign: N/A
                      Alt: 5400ft
                      SQW: 1121

ModeS: 7C6C35 Callsign: TGW676
                      Lat: -33.7961
                      Long: 151.0267
                      Alt: 5300ft
                      SQW: 1435

ModeS: 7C6DE0 Callsign: N/A
                      Lat: -34.0387
                      Long: 151.0228
                      Alt: 5750ft
                      SQW: 4012

Comment

• Originally posted by minke555 View Post
                        Hi, Can anyone explain to me if this is ok? I get a lot of 'tracked' AC with no location.

FR24 Feeder Tracked Aircraft List

Updated: 07:40:04 GMT+1000 (AEST)

ModeS: 7C58E4 Callsign: N/A
                        Alt: 19800ft
                        SQW: 3602

ModeS: 7C6277 Callsign: N/A
                        Alt: 5400ft
                        SQW: 1121
                        Yeah, those are planes which only have Mode-S transponders. That's part of all the new MLAT stuff FR24 and FA are both doing now with the Pi feeders with RTLSDR sticks...

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                          You're in good company - there's at least one more around BNE and two near SYD showing the same effect. Does not matter much - the data seems pretty credible to me. I've not seen so many DH8s and ATRs on FR24 as in the last week or so around these two cities.
                          Aye, yeah, the data us pretty good (I think the FA MLAT is a little more accurate actually), I mostly watch my VRS screens only check FR or FA when I think something is odd or I want to see something out of range of my receiver... And yeah, the number of planes, and the ones I like seeing the most are the C-130's and C-17's etc

Comment

• Longreach & Broken Hill back

Both F-YLRE1 and T-YBHI2 came back yesterday. Once again good coverage over far west Qld and NW NSW

Comment

• Starting to wonder just how many Brisbane T feeders are participating in the MLAT trials.. Because the FR MLAT data for Brisbane seems to be very sketchy and inaccurate .. My FA data on the other hand is quite good I can see planes approaching the western end of YBBN down to about 600ft, and the track is good all the way from Gympie etc, no wild off course hops etc... Approaching the eastern end of the runway I can see down to about 1400ft.. I am guessing that like myself there are a lot more FA MLAT feeders than people feeding to FR with MLAT solely because FA doesn't require a special version of dump1090 ... FR really need to wake up and stop trying to buck the trend, this shouldn't be a competition among radar feeders...

If accuracy is a question, I've watched the dash8's and ATR's fly over my house at the same time as watching them VRS with MLAT positions feed back from FA's MLAT client... spot on, with very little delay...

Comment

• Hi everyone, another newbie here. T-YTEM1. I've got a basic rig set up here with a roof-mounted homebrew co-co with a stick-pc doing the decode. Getting pretty decent range out of it (236nm), without any amps or anything of the sort.
                                20150807.jpg
                                I'm expecting that I'll rarely be seen as the capturing radar, as I'm a bit swamped with nearby F- feeders, but as I type this, I've managed to get a C172 tracked in my name!
                                T-YTEM1, Temora, NSW

Comment

Working...
                                X