No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well got the A3 up and in action about half an hour ago .....

Before (dipole at 3m AGL):
    ADSB before A3.jpg

After (A3 at 5m AGL):
    ADSB after A3.jpg

Ummmm.... just a slight bit of difference .... am seeing aircraft at FL40 out the other side of Dubbo/Wellington
    T-YSBK22

Comment

• Gregg,

Here you go ......

ADSB A3 002.jpg

:-)

Andrew
      T-YSBK22

Comment

• Cirrus Aircraft Australia to take flight across Australia

Thought I'd post this here as probably of little interest to those overseas;

"Cirrus Aircraft Australia will begin to take flight for our fly-in tour across Australia. This year, there will be 24 different tour stops throughout the country from 30 May to 5 December.

All events will be hosted by our International Sales Centers with support from Cirrus Aircraft and take place from 10 am – 2 pm."

includes dates, locations etc.
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Future of air traffic management in Australia secured - OneSKY

From AirservicesTV - Air Services Australia video of the future air traffic management collaboration between civil and military ATC in Australia;

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

No more MEL/BNE centre? All under one roof so to speak. Will be interesting to monitor.
          Last edited by fungus; 2015-05-22, 04:20.
          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Reminder of ADS-B fitment timeline in Australia

just a reminder of the timeline for the fitment of ADS-B equipment in aircraft registered/operating in Australia

Last edited by fungus; 2015-05-22, 08:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
              just a reminder of the timeline for the fitment of ADS-B equipment in aircraft registered/operating in Australia

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/..._ADS-B_WEB.pdf
              These deadlines are coming ever closer - thanks for posting. Qantas are progressively installing it on their Q400s but I've not yet seen any Virgin ATRs with it. Rex still have a lot of Saabs not equipped. Hard to believe that every IFR aircraft flying in Oz, including lights, will supposedly be ADS-B capable by Feb 2017. For instance there's an awful lot of KingAirs and the like out there that will need it.

Comment

• Do you know which Q400 have ADS-B installed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Do you know which Q400 have ADS-B installed?
                  I do have a list but not on this computer. I'll see if I can turn it up and post tomorrow. Not a lot yet, perhaps six but as they go in for heavy maintenance they come out with ADS-B fitted.

There is a thread on the Sydney Airport Message Board that has a bit of info:

Comment

• VH-LQQ,QOD,QOE,QOF,QOH,QOP,QOS

Comment

• ... and one Virgin Australia ATR 72-600 (VH-VPJ) that I've seen on my receiver. Could be others elsewhere.

Regards,
                      Gregg

Comment

• Originally posted by acrimmo View Post
                        VH-LQQ,QOD,QOE,QOF,QOH,QOP,QOS
                        Thanks - saves me trying to find it. For overseas radar spotters, it's worth noting also that the entire Qantaslink B717 fleet (about 18 frames) has ADS-B that was also fitted progressively to meet the last Air Services deadline. From my observations, there are not a lot of other ADS-B equipped B717s flying anywhere.

Comment

... and one Virgin Australia ATR 72-600 (VH-VPJ) that I've seen on my receiver. Could be others elsewhere. Regards, Gregg
                          Gregg, don't doubt you saw it but it isn't showing up on FR24. I looked up VH-VPJ's operations for the last couple of days - it mainly flies between Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide - and none of the flights I checked made an appearance on FR24 , not even MLAT. Might have been a test run? I seem to recall that Qantas did something similar with a Dash 8 some years ago but that one also could have been a revenue job for Flight Services to check and calibrate the early ADS-B ground stations. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                            Gregg, don't doubt you saw it but it isn't showing up on FR24. I looked up VH-VPJ's operations for the last couple of days - it mainly flies between Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide - and none of the flights I checked made an appearance on FR24 , not even MLAT. Might have been a test run? I seem to recall that Qantas did something similar with a Dash 8 some years ago but that one also could have been a revenue job for Flight Services to check and calibrate the early ADS-B ground stations. Cheers.
                            Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye on VH-VPJ next time my receiver is on air. It should be displaying on FR24 as it's the latest ATR for VA and displays GPS data on my log. It's flights aren't showing on the database either. I'll look into that one as we have quite a few not showing on FR24 for some reason.

You're correct about VH-SBT it used to have ADS-B equipped in fact was the first Dash8 to do so for testing up around Bundaberg (from memory) when it was being introduced in Australia which was for Air Services Australia. It is now removed/disconnected and only has mode-s.

Regards,
                            Gregg
                            Last edited by fungus; 2015-05-25, 06:51.

Comment

• Just spotted VH-VPJ (ATR 72-600) on my receiver, on its way from SYD-CBR today;

VH-VPJ.jpg

Displaying on the map.

Regards,
                              Gregg

Comment

Just spotted VH-VPJ (ATR 72-600) on my receiver, on its way from SYD-CBR today
                                Got it on FR24 this morning doing the same run. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X