Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • F-YSWG1 is offline due to a internet outage, which has also affected the back-up 4G connection.

    The issue also looks to be NSW wide, using the Telstra network.
    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

    Comment


    • Originally posted by âil View Post
      Hello,

      I'm Phil from Tamworth... Some veterans may remember me, i been around for some time.

      I'm responsible for T-YSTW2, T-YSTW3, T-YBCG7 and T-YBHI2

      Just wanted to let you know that I have now upgraded my feeder equipment to Radarcape hardware.

      All these feeders are MLAT capable and have all been MLAT activated.

      I am planning on purchasing several more Radarcape hardware (the retail version of FR24 hardware) in the next few weeks. Would any Australian based feeders like to get in on a volume discounted "bulk buy"?


      Cheers...âil
      Hi Phil,
      Nigel here in Armidale
      How did you go with these?
      Regards,
      F-YARM1
      Host of: FlightRadar24 F-YARM1,2,3 and T-YARM3,5 and FlightAware Sites #12042 and #39479 as well as Radarbox24 Site #PGANRB300831 and Planefinder Site #93858 with RPi running LiveATC all listed as yarmarmidale

      Comment


      • N130FF C-130 Fire Tanker left Australia this week.
        It will be landing in Hawaii today.
        Brian

        www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

        Comment


        • The other fire tanker left Australia for United States.

          N355AC (Tanker162/BMBR391)
          Brian

          www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

          Comment


          • The two aircraft were on display on the second last day (not sure about Sunday) of the Australian International Airshow at Avalon. They remained at a hanger (former Qantas maintenance base) near ex VH-EBU (Nalanji Dreaming, though now all blue but the red tail remains) during the Trade Days and the Friday (half trade and the other half is public).

            Have my Raspberry Pi 2, though need to try and find away on getting VRS to work with mono on Raspbian. Looking at feeding to FR24 with the original T-YSWG2 code.
            F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

            Comment


            • T-YSWG2 is back after almost a year hiatus. Antenna is in the same location but range is a lot less then the FR24 box (F-YSWG1).
              F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

              Comment


              • Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                T-YSWG2 is back after almost a year hiatus. Antenna is in the same location but range is a lot less then the FR24 box (F-YSWG1).
                if its at the same location, why run both ?
                if the fr24 box is Doa, thats to be expected unless you install a preamp, preferably at the antenna itself for maximium signal amplification and minimal noise amplification.

                Comment


                • My plan is to move the Pi closer to the airport (no set timeline though). Yes, it seems pointless in running both the Pi and FR24 box but there is a back-up if the FR24 box ever has a hiccup (running smooth *touch wood*).
                  F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                    My plan is to move the Pi closer to the airport (no set timeline though). Yes, it seems pointless in running both the Pi and FR24 box but there is a back-up if the FR24 box ever has a hiccup (running smooth *touch wood*).
                    It isn't pointless. Quite a few feeders have a Rpi + dongle setup as backup if something happens to the kit, usually the receiver's LAN port which seems prone to static damage.

                    Comment


                    • Hi all,

                      A newbie here although have been using FR24 for a bit over 12 months now.

                      I'm located near Parramatta in western Sydney and am just wondering if its worth me applying for a rx setup from FR? Unfortunately, the RPi that I was in the process of setting up (to do a T feed) got nuked about 3 weeks ago due to lightning... they say lightning does wierd things - well this is a case of it. It was a damn close strike and oddly the only things I lost (apart from the RPi and an EtherTen Arduino board) was the ethernet port on anything that had an active ethernet port !!! My router lost 3 out of 4 ports, wireless AP lost its port, as did my TV - the TV is fine apart from that.

                      Cheers,
                      Andrew
                      T-YSBK22

                      Comment


                      • Did anyone see my post # 854 in Windows Feeder thread? Well about a week or more ago, my data started to magically appear again at YBBN and continued to give much wider cover for ground vehicles than other feeders. This was great and seemed to have fixed the intermittent problem with my feed. In my last post I described that I had tried many times with FR24 Support but they just don’t seem to find a solution. I was even now finding my radar code against many airborne AC particularly way out to sea beyond the reception of other feeders and close to YBBN field. Just like the old times in 2013/14, T-YBBN1 was back on the air. But what had happened at FR24 to make this work?
                        Well, unfortunately, I had to do another Micro$oft software update to my PC and T-YBBN1 feed data is again off the map and the ground traffic at YBBN is not showing like it was yesterday. Sorry folks but I am feeding this data to FR24 but they just have problems with some data being displayed and history tells me that contacting FR24 Support will not solve the problem - sorry Mike. Full reset on all components has been to no avail and may have caused the issue to re-occur.
                        I think it’s just the luck of the draw if T- data appears and sad that customers are missing out on good data because the servers are filtering too savagely – maybe eliminating some false-positive detections of bad data(?) I do notice that while my PC clock is satellite locked NTP, I have some weird messages in the FR24 log saying “System time changed by 8 seconds” – what is that about?
                        Anyone else out there grappling with this issue? Is it worth pursuing or should I just accept the free Premium gift for feeding and don’t care if the data quality is poor?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kemistry View Post
                          Did anyone see my post # 854 in Windows Feeder thread? Well about a week or more ago, my data started to magically appear again at YBBN and continued to give much wider cover for ground vehicles than other feeders. This was great and seemed to have fixed the intermittent problem with my feed. In my last post I described that I had tried many times with FR24 Support but they just don’t seem to find a solution. I was even now finding my radar code against many airborne AC particularly way out to sea beyond the reception of other feeders and close to YBBN field. Just like the old times in 2013/14, T-YBBN1 was back on the air. But what had happened at FR24 to make this work?
                          Well, unfortunately, I had to do another Micro$oft software update to my PC and T-YBBN1 feed data is again off the map and the ground traffic at YBBN is not showing like it was yesterday. Sorry folks but I am feeding this data to FR24 but they just have problems with some data being displayed and history tells me that contacting FR24 Support will not solve the problem - sorry Mike. Full reset on all components has been to no avail and may have caused the issue to re-occur.
                          I think it’s just the luck of the draw if T- data appears and sad that customers are missing out on good data because the servers are filtering too savagely – maybe eliminating some false-positive detections of bad data(?) I do notice that while my PC clock is satellite locked NTP, I have some weird messages in the FR24 log saying “System time changed by 8 seconds” – what is that about?
                          Anyone else out there grappling with this issue? Is it worth pursuing or should I just accept the free Premium gift for feeding and don’t care if the data quality is poor?
                          wow, finally good to meet "No. 1", you have always had some phenomenal range, you clearly are in a very high location... As for quality, I've had a test on mine for past 10 days and not once has my data appeared, or displayed, to this morning I shut the feeder for fr24 down, oh it still feeds elsewhere, just, no point in submitting data that aint wanted, and yes, theres been plenty plenty of times I've seen aircraft that has not displayed on fr24 because fr24 doesnt trust a single feeder, but they go silent of the fact that I know you also cover that same area and would also at those times been submitting data, but fr24 ignore it, that more also swayed me to shut down my fr24 feed, at least for time being, since they rather ignore shun, or bullshit to us, than to look into a fault - how easy they forget without us they wouldnt exist.

                          I'm also horrified that you run it on win... *gulp*
                          Last edited by Ressy; 2015-04-16, 13:06.

                          Comment


                          • Well now ... T-YBBN1 is showing ground traffic again at the airport. Did someone do something or cyberspace is just filled with black holes for data? Do wonder how long it'll last this time?
                            Customers should be happy they can now see more AC and vehicles at YBBN - thanks if someone reset something out there ;-)
                            BTW Ressy, I had good experience with FR24 Support people - nice bunch - just could not find my problem. Think they must be real busy and not enough cash to get more staff.
                            I believe they need redundant feeders so the service is maintained when a feeder is down for some time.
                            There was a time when I was major feeder around YBBN and it was awful blank when I was down. They need cover at lower altitudes and more feeders helps that.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kemistry View Post
                              There was a time when I was major feeder around YBBN and it was awful blank when I was down. They need cover at lower altitudes and more feeders helps that.
                              I recall hte days when you were the *only* feeder

                              and your low level coverage is just as good as your higher alts from what I've seen over the years

                              mine is/was located as YCAB, and from memory, you get pretty low level here too! Dunno if they unfavour the older feeder softwares, but if you're back, you, 27 and YBSU2 saturate low level here anyway
                              Last edited by Ressy; 2015-04-17, 01:04. Reason: fixed quoting

                              Comment


                              • Hi Kemistry. I too have the same thing. For some months now my feed seems to be ignored even when there is no other 'cover'. That is, I can see say 12-15 planes/ground vehicles on basestation but if someone else is not feeding them then they do not show up on FR24. They do show on 'pf.net'. Guess where I go? .
                                Cheers, Dom. (YSSY7)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X