Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
    Sounds like some nasty storms up your way, going by the ABC. http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-1...nsland/5950456
    hit 'n miss, very little around YBBN for past few days, lots of forecasting but very little accuracy Its mostly been inland and north.south of Brisbane, though the sunshine and gold coasts are copping a good session as I type, very electrical, 3K strikes in 30 mins, looks like itll be around for a couple more hours too

To keep it on topic, southern flights into YBBN will be impacted as the gold coast front crosses out to sea

gpats.gif 663.gif.png

Comment

• Had 2 people on facebook say they were in for some good stormy flights. Not sure if up that way or their home down melb
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• N130FF C-130 "Tanker 131" (ADS-B) (shows as C130 on the FR24 map) Just arrived in Australia for the fire season. It came from the United States/Canada.

N355AC "Tanker 162" (RJ-85) (Mode-S only) also came to the Australia area this past weekend from US/Canada. Operating in Australia on a Conair Contract.

Showing the Conair logo on the side of the aircraft instead of the Aero-Flite logo.
        Aero-Flite is owned or a big part is owned by Conair.
        New photo of the logo in Hawaii.
        Aero-Flite is sending one of their 3 firefighting capable Avro RJ-85s to Australia in anticipation of their upcoming fire season. N355AC ...
        Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-12-08, 06:33.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by VK4XA View Post
          Hi everyone,
          I have the displeasure of announcing that F-YDKI1 (Innisfail, Nth QLD) is off the air
          The antenna tower here took a direct lightning strike in our first storm of the season here on Saturday evening (06/12/2014).
          The receiver, it's power supply, a network hub and a wifi adaptor, the antenna and 15 metres of LMR400 are all toast.
          It's a mess!
          (My beautiful Elecraft K3 Amateur Radio transceiver (which was not even connected to anything) has also been effected badly and it will shortly be on its way to the USA to hopefully be repaired)
          A note has been sent to Flightradar24 support via email but I've had no reply save for the automatic one acknowledging my email.
          That is terrible! Please let me know if you need anything from us. You can send me an email at olov.lindberg@gmail.com

Thanks,
          Olov FR24

Comment

• Both N130FF and N350AC are now at Avalon, Victoria.
            F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• F-YSWG1 is back online, storms during the night were a little nasty and caused some network issues which has now been sorted (touch wood).
              F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
                That is terrible! Please let me know if you need anything from us. You can send me an email at olov.lindberg@gmail.com

Thanks,
                Olov FR24
                Hi Olov,
                I *think* I have repaired the receiver, it's power input socket soldering was fried, so I repaired it.
                The coax is an easy (but not cheap) fix, the antenna is U/S so I will make my own for now.
                The GPS mouse appears to be ok (well, it's working on other devices I have here that can use it, with no sign of issues)
                I will be attempting to get the receiver running today, though it may have reduced sensitivity due to the lower antenna height. (My 12 Metre high mast was also damaged.)
                At least there is someone else now covering Innisfail, he's about 1 Km away from me. (I'm still not sure why I got the Dunk Island designation though, I'm actually IN Innisfail!)
                Between the two of us we should be able to cover the thriving metropolis that is Innisfail, Nth Queensland.
                Last edited by VK4XA; 2014-12-23, 00:25.
                -
                Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA
                East Innisfail, QLD, Australia
                F-YDKI1

Comment

• Yay - The F-YDKI1 Receiver Lives!
                  Now, to get an antenna up high enough so it can hear stuff as well as it used too.
                  Last edited by VK4XA; 2014-12-23, 00:23.
                  -
                  Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA
                  F-YDKI1

Comment

Yay - The F-YDKI1 Receiver Lives!
                    Now, to get an antenna up high enough so it can hear stuff as well as it used too.
                    Must be thrilled... it is working! Well done!

Regarding the antenna, I presume U/S means unservicable. Perhaps you can email FR24/Olov for a new one? Just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                      Must be thrilled... it is working! Well done!

Regarding the antenna, I presume U/S means unservicable. Perhaps you can email FR24/Olov for a new one? Just a thought.
                      You are right, U/S means unserviceable and I have been emailing Olov and Muazzam on the replacement of the antenna and maybe the feedline over these past few days.
                      Some more testing will be done today to make sure that the receiver is hearing as it should then a final decision will be made as to what to do with the gear.
                      I am very pleased that my station grounding and surge protection has worked as well as it seems to have done for the FR24 receiver at least.
                      Apparently, the damage to my Elecraft K3 is not as bad as was suspected too, so it should be operational again in the early part of the new year.
                      Now, all I need to do is to win a few million $$$ at the lottery and all will be good
                      -
                      Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA
                      F-YDKI1

Comment

• How did you go? FR24 Box still receiving?
                        F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

You are right, U/S means unserviceable and I have been emailing Olov and Muazzam on the replacement of the antenna and maybe the feedline over these past few days.
                          Some more testing will be done today to make sure that the receiver is hearing as it should then a final decision will be made as to what to do with the gear.
                          I am very pleased that my station grounding and surge protection has worked as well as it seems to have done for the FR24 receiver at least.
                          Apparently, the damage to my Elecraft K3 is not as bad as was suspected too, so it should be operational again in the early part of the new year.
                          Now, all I need to do is to win a few million $$$ at the lottery and all will be good
                          Yep, we will send you a new antenna for sure, we just want to make sure (if possible) that the receiver is still working, if not - we will send a new receiver as well.

Comment

• Correct and apologies: It should read F-YDDN2
                            Dyslexia in action.
                            Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
                            "I have F-YNND2." Sure it not F-YDDN2?

Comment

• Hi Folks. I have just set up In Canberra, using FR24 gear. No idea what the radar code thingy (I am a bit new to this) is, so if anyone notices a new Canberra Feed, Please let me know. I am running straight into the router so there's no connectivity to my PC. It'll just sit there and do its thing. Kicked off about 6pm this evening, It's sending data to FR24 according to my router, not sure if they have to do something their end before it shows up. Anyone who knows how this aspect works, I'd love to hear from you. Anyhoo - Happy New Year!

Comment

• Welcome! Great to see another FR24 host. May take a little while before you get your F-YSCB# code, you may have a temporary radar code.

There is also 7 day stats at https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/feed_stats.php

You can also view the box, which will give you quite abit of info. Check the IP that the router has allocated, in my case it is 10.0.0.26.
                                IMG_20150101_022805.jpg
                                F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Working...
                                X