Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YSWG
    replied
    Sadly F-YSWG1 is offline, power adapter failed and found the coax has had water seeping, though that wasn’t cause the power adapter to fail due to the way I have it setup. The water damaged coax did cause coverage issues, assuming cockatoos have put a few nicks (already have had to have the solar hot water fixed for the second time in two years).

Last three days the FR24 receiver has had a very poor uptime (11 to 23%) and locally seemed to reboot itself but this evening the power adapter went pop, assuming it was a capacitor failure) but has done well to last over four years of mostly 24/7 operation. Tested the FR24 receiver with a borrowed adapter and it powered up. Looks like I’ll be doing some maintenance while fixing my RPi setup (antenna for that setup has been destroyed by the cockatoos). While I’m at it, install a OS so FR24 software can be installed.

Yes have emailed support.
    Last edited by YSWG; 2019-10-09, 11:11.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    F-YPMP1 operating
    This new feeder spotted around Pormpuraaw which seems to be better known as Edward River. Located on the western side of Cape York Peninsula, north of Kowanyama and south of Araukun. Picking up lots of planes in an otherwise unserviced area. Coverage seems to extend out into the gulf more than halfway to Groote Eylandt. Good one.

Leave a comment:

• YSWG
    replied
    Looks like my FR24 box has a receiver issue (not picking any aircraft up) but going through all my troubleshooting before emailing support. Could be possible that something on the network might be the issue (as I find it shuts itself off if it cannot send data to FR24) but I think that is unlikely.

My RPi is still running, though the poor temporary antenna has been attacked, so range isn't as great as it once was but had stopped the FR24 antenna from being attacked by cockatoos!

Sadly RPi no longer sends to FR24 (thanks to FA, don't use the FA version [SD Card install] or it is impossible to install FR24), so lost T-YSWG2.

Edit: Two reboots seemed to get the FR24 box receiving aircraft again!
    Last edited by YSWG; 2019-10-04, 00:05. Reason: Back online

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    Originally posted by ylis View Post
    No further sign of Moonba YOOM since airnrail's post in July ....
    YOOM back today

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    You can use a filtered LNA, that's also good with a dedicated 1090 MHz antenna:

Should work well with the discone antenna as well if the coax attenuation isn't too big.

The pi24 image comes with an outdated decoder, also with an LNA you will want to adjust the gain, i'd recommend for example adding this script after getting the feed going:
    Solutions to common problems for rtl_sdr / ADS-B stuff - wiedehopf/adsb-scripts

Leave a comment:

• POR911
    replied
    I am looking at providing a 24 hour feed. I live near the YBBN airport. My Diamond D130J discone antenna sitting some 6 metres in the air receives from 25 to 1300 MHz! and picks up aircraft taxiing traffic as well as the usual air traffic, so coverage pretty good. I wondered if the discone antenna will play nice with the Raspberry pi I am embarking on building, or do I need a separate antenna for the 1090MHz, or a filter in the line to the Raspberry? I guess I can wait until she goes to work and add another antenna up there on the discone mast.

Leave a comment:

• ylis
    replied
    Two additional airports have appeared in the feeder statistics from July and August - YORB Orbost Vic and YBAF Archerfield Qld making 165 airport codes currently active out of 189 since my records began in Nov 2015. No further sign of Moonba YOOM since airnrail's post in July ....

Leave a comment:

• F-YPTN1
    replied
    Back on Air.
    After a bit , Tindal is back on Air. although I am thinking of moving hte antenna to either a higher place or the Airport.

Regards

Y-PTN1

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    Originally posted by bappleby View Post
    When did it appear again? I just got home from a trip up there in VH-NWN and because we were so low a lot of the time there is quite a bit of our trip missing. This would have picked up some of it if it was on. I didnt realise there was a feeder at Ballera either.......
    I first saw F-YOOM only yesterday and it does not appear yet on FR24 stats. It was picking up couple of passing airliners as well as an smaller aircraft doing some sort of mapping/photography around Moomba. I hope it's not a flash in the pan.

Leave a comment:

• bappleby
    replied
    When did it appear again? I just got home from a trip up there in VH-NWN and because we were so low a lot of the time there is quite a bit of our trip missing. This would have picked up some of it if it was on. I didnt realise there was a feeder at Ballera either.......

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    F-YOOM returns

This feeder at Moomba, SA has re-appeared after nearly 3 years absence. Good companion for T-YLLE at Ballera as there is air traffic between these two Santos outposts. If we could now get one that's actually at Birdsville (some fool has T-YBDV but operates it intermittently at various places along the east coast) the remote area around Camerons and Poppels corners would be nearly fully covered.

Leave a comment:

• bappleby
    replied
    Thanks for that. I re-registered with the same email address and it sent me another sharing key, however kept my original Radar Identification that I have had for years. All seems to be good, sending data again.

Leave a comment:

• bappleby
    replied
    Well that's handy as....... Thanks for the info Oblivian, if its been disabled a result page explaining why would be nice. Absolute shit show....... All my existing logins still work so I will register again and then probably get hammered for having an address already in use. These blokes make this all so hard with outdated information and unclear instructions. I just want to share some data, not do a PHD on the subject........

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by bappleby View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry to barge in, can any of you tell me if this is meant to work ? https://feed.flightradar24.com/forgotten_key.php

Trying to reactivate my feeder and feels like doing a uni degree to get through the process..... When I login it says my key is invalid, I haven't fed any data for a few years but believe the key is still valid and the verification link is broken?

Any help is appreciated......
    Hasn't for months.

Partly I think because they delete them when not used. (years would qualify) If you can see one under your stats page, just re-enter it in the config manually.

If it's missing, you were offline too long and got deleted or re-allocated anywaysharingkey.JPG

Leave a comment:

• bappleby
    replied
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry to barge in, can any of you tell me if this is meant to work ? https://feed.flightradar24.com/forgotten_key.php

Trying to reactivate my feeder and feels like doing a uni degree to get through the process..... When I login it says my key is invalid, I haven't fed any data for a few years but believe the key is still valid and the verification link is broken?

Any help is appreciated......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X