X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget to update your signature with your new Radar Code
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Done, thanks SCB.

Now we just need more M-LAT capable Receivers between here and Sydney.
      Using Plane Plotter to see what aircraft the Rx is seeing, I am always seeing at least 3 or 4 aircraft that aren't being shown on FR24 as M-LAT aircraft. Would be good to see them too. The parachute ops C208 out of Tyagarah, VH-YMV is frequently received, from 1500' to FL140, must be just missing some Rx's up north at top of climb. It never gets shown online.
      F-YBNA2

Comment

• Hi . I have question. I host F-YABA2. It has been running for a few months. This week it seemed to become deaf. 190 nautical miles to no better that 5 to 10 miles.
        The receiver is elevated 370 metres. I haven't looked at the antenna yet but doubt there is a problem.
        Anyone had a similar problem? I have rebooted the receiver.

Thanks for any help . Bevan

Comment

• Originally posted by VK6BL View Post
          Hi . I have question. I host F-YABA2. It has been running for a few months. This week it seemed to become deaf. 190 nautical miles to no better that 5 to 10 miles.
          The receiver is elevated 370 metres. I haven't looked at the antenna yet but doubt there is a problem.

Any storms lately? Better have a look at all connections just to make sure. And please contact FR24 support. They really prefer email contact regarding anything about their receiver, and not on the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by VK6BL View Post
            Hi . I have question. I host F-YABA2. It has been running for a few months. This week it seemed to become deaf. 190 nautical miles to no better that 5 to 10 miles.

That sounds like antenna, is it easily accessed? try disconnecting and reconnecting all cables, both ends, when you disc, check for marks, or signs of arcing or burning, got a dongle to pop on to test it? very cheap and handy
            Of course the unit itself may have been affected somehow and the front end of the receiver is shot, unlikely though.

Comment

• I've picked up the Google Loon, been tracking (MODE-S only) since 12:07 pm AEST (just under 3 hours).
              Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 2.42.49 PM.png
              F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up GBR8on8th6th2014VicAus.PNG
                Just looked for it, found Google LOON in Victoria, looks like it was launched between Macarthur and Penshurst and headding presently in a North Easterly direction towards Bendigo.

Comment

• I think youll find that the Loon Balloon was launched elsewhere and only came under MLAT coverage around that spot.
                  At one stage yesterday it was reporting an alt of 696 feet. One can only assume that was an error in reporting instead of 69600 feet.
                  F-YBNA2

Comment

• Hmm, would like to contact those people who are doing the tests and find out more about it.
                    Have written to FR24 about their people make a balloon Icon, so far I have had a favoriable responce to my request.

You are right about the altitude, the last Google Loon balloon showed the same, seems when it reaches a certain height the FR24 software hedges up or down and has to put something there so it does, balloon speed and direction seems to be OK.

It's currently in the top part of Victoria headding towards NSW border towards Canberra

GBon9th6th2014vic2NSW1.PNG

Comment

• Wouldn't it be nice if Google made the ballon locations available - fr24 could then pick up the data and show the icons.

Comment

• The NZ ones were. All but 3 were mode-s only. I suspect the cost of loss of ADSB gear is quite high, so they play with less smart baloons first
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
                          At one stage yesterday it was reporting an alt of 696 feet. One can only assume that was an error in reporting instead of 69600 feet.
                          It's been floating around 20635m (67700.1ft/FL677) this evening.
                          F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            The NZ ones were. All but 3 were mode-s only. I suspect the cost of loss of ADSB gear is quite high, so they play with less smart baloons first
                            They could do it by other means - Inmarsat maybe SMS Text when over land (that would just need something like an android phone with anti-theft software)

Comment

• Still showing at 2130 hours AEST and was at 65535 feet west of Jindabyne New South Wales.

Thanks to YSWG for the original posting.

Comment

• MLAT getting better in SE Q'ld

mlatSEQ.jpg

Today I spotted ten aircraft over SEQ all courtesy of MLAT. All the "Unknown"s plus VOZ363A were on MLAT. The Virgin plane was an ATR, there was one Fokker 50, the rest were Dash8s. MLAT seems to work pretty well in this part of the world given that there are, to my knowledge, only three F feeders in this area west of the Range. Presumably the ones in Brisbane, adjacent coastal areas and northern NSW assist.

Comment

Working...
                                X