Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post

EDIT: yes there was a storm around at the time it stopped working. The antenna didn't take a direct hit. Nothing else in my house was affected, the power didn't flicker at all. Neither of the 2 very good surge detectors I have tripped. Other wire linked devices on my network are still working and I've swapped ports and cables.
    There is the strike discharge effect, you don't need to cop a direct hit to have electronics rendered useless, I've had equipment disabled by a strike 150 metres away, even direct battery backup to marine comms equipment neutralised for some hours then all of sudden battery power returned and units turned on (just as well since the strike took out the transformer and mains was lost for 11 hours), I know a relative had his PC's, DVR, and TV rendered useless from a strike on a tree on his property 100 metres away - lightning is an amazing thing.

Comment

• The closest strike was about 800-1000m away. A good count of 3 between flash and bang. I was outside watching the storm. No electrical services in the area were affected at all, so no strikes to the power grid.
      Last edited by Lancair70; 2014-05-06, 08:25.
      F-YBNA2

Comment

• Static buildup on plastic enclosed antennas can be quite large

Like the old school trick of rubbing the sheepskin over the plastic rod and zapping people
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• G'Day Lancair 70

Noticed in the "New feeders" thread that you have spotted one at Armidale. I've never come across it - the two at Tamworth seem to be getting most of that action lately - but I'll include it in the next list that I post here. Cheers.

Comment

• Airnail, I definitely saw T-YARM1 once.

Hopefully the feeder is upgrading or ?
            F-YBNA2

Comment

Airnail, I definitely saw T-YARM1 once.

Once in a blue moon is about all you get with some, mostly T feeders, because they often only show up when a stronger FR24 feeder is briefly off the air. They still do a good job though and I'd hate to see them disappear. A few of the very best in Oz are still T feeders eg we had a bloody big black hole in north west NSW that is now much smaller since T-YBHI2 at Broken Hill showed up and T-YEML1 at Emerald covers an enormous area of central Qld. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                Active Australian Feeders

F-YPPH3 WA Perth ?
                F-YPPH3 is located in Swanbourne, west of the CBD. Roughly same distance from YPPH & YPJT
                Last edited by VK6UFO; 2014-05-11, 04:03.
                Rob, VK6UFO
                F-YPPH3
                o410E

Comment

• Originally posted by VK6UFO View Post
                  F-YPPH3 is located in Swanbourne, west of the CBD. Roughly same distance from YPPH & YPJT
                  Thanks for the info. I've updated the list accordingly. Cheers.

Comment

Airnail, I definitely saw T-YARM1 once.

I saw T-YARM1 today. Funny what they do and don't pick up. There was a line of three planes going from BNE to SYD at between FL37 and FL40. T-YARM1 picked up QF541 about 40km east of Tamworth but T-YSTW2 picked up the other two in exactly the same location.

Comment

• Hello,

I'm Phil from Tamworth... Some veterans may remember me, i been around for some time.

I'm responsible for T-YSTW2, T-YSTW3, T-YBCG7 and T-YBHI2

Just wanted to let you know that I have now upgraded my feeder equipment to Radarcape hardware.

All these feeders are MLAT capable and have all been MLAT activated.

I am planning on purchasing several more Radarcape hardware (the retail version of FR24 hardware) in the next few weeks. Would any Australian based feeders like to get in on a volume discounted "bulk buy"?

Cheers...ƒil
                      Feeders T-YSTW2, T-YSTW3, T-YBCG7, T-YBHI2 ... all Radarcape hardware

Comment

• Originally posted by ƒil View Post
                        Hello,

I'm Phil from Tamworth... Some veterans may remember me, i been around for some time.

Just wanted to let you know that I have now upgraded my feeder equipment to Radarcape hardware.

I am planning on purchasing several more Radarcape hardware (the retail version of FR24 hardware) in the next few weeks. Would any Australian based feeders like to get in on a volume discounted "bulk buy"?

Cheers...ƒil
                        gold coast 7 has a rather darn good range, must be nice 'n high, you should apply for Mike's free F-'s to replace it if you want more hardware... and, I thought only the F-'s data is accepted for MLAT... might be wrong ...

Comment

• No, Actually. YBCG7 is located between Berleigh and Miami, about 3 blocks in from the beach. Antenna is around 17M ASL

I will be purchasing more Radarcape in the next few weeks, i don't want to wait 7-365 days.

Radarcape running the latest firmware have a built-in MLAT capable FR24 feeder.

Check out the first day stats for YBHI2... YBHI2-first day stats.jpg Maximum distance was 329nm.
                          Feeders T-YSTW2, T-YSTW3, T-YBCG7, T-YBHI2 ... all Radarcape hardware

Comment

• Originally posted by ナl View Post
                            Hello,

Cheers...ナl
                            wow... good work ナl getting them and improving MLAT for FR24. Hopefully some will chip in! Range looks good with an almost good 360 view for your range!

Comment

• Originally posted by ƒil View Post
                              No, Actually. YBCG7 is located between Berleigh and Miami, about 3 blocks in from the beach. Antenna is around 17M ASL

I will be purchasing more Radarcape in the next few weeks, i don't want to wait 7-365 days.

Radarcape running the latest firmware have a built-in MLAT capable FR24 feeder.

Check out the first day stats for YBHI2... [ATTACH=CONFIG]4072[/ATTACH] Maximum distance was 329nm.
                              wow, not bad at all! but its pretty flat out there isnt it? makes all the difference, but CG7 being where it is, considering how mountainous SEQ is, its exceptionally good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ナl View Post
                                Hello,

Cheers...ナl
                                G'day Phil. Thanks for letting us know that info. You've got 4 great sites there - I was only singing the praises of T-YBHI2 on here a couple of days ago and what a difference it has made to the coverage black hole out there. Cheers. John

Comment

Working...
                                X