Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivian
    replied
    Are they somewhat static? That's still within the reserved military range. Unless they have gone and shortened it on me :/
    Australia Mil
    xxx-xxx
    Result Range:
    7CF000 - 7CFFFF

FFFFFE is somewhat in a non-used/reserved range (believe Japan may use it for paragliding activity according to post)

Leave a comment:

• bhaal
    replied
    Any YBBN folk able to confirm that 7CF7C8 and 7CF7C9 are Mode-S beacons for the new runway? And anyone know what FFFFFE is?

Oh and Kemistry, are you no longer feeding?

Leave a comment:

• nomad77
    replied
    aussieadsb.com
    Originally posted by POR911 View Post

Yeah, I tried his site a few months ago, and seems to have shutdown....or? Because he was here in Brisbane, I used his site when others were down for YBBN. It was also good for military aircraft, as he did not filter them out. I hunted around for his email, as we emailed a few times testing his output several years ago, but could not find it.

Leave a comment:

• ylis
    replied
    Since 1st September, there are 7 new Aussie Feeder locations appearing in the stat’s.

WA – YBEB Bellburn (seems YBUU Bungle Bungles Airport has been renamed/re-coded. Stealth ? )
    WA – YDBY Derby
    WA – YKAL Kalumburu
    WA – YMIP Mitchell Plateau
    WA – YKNG Katanning
    Qld – YPMP Pormpuraaw (previously mentioned by airnrail)
    Qld – YNPE Northern Penninsula (although YBAM Bamaga is still in use also)

These new feeders are a mix of F- and T- stations. They are mostly in the far north so one might assume they are bunkering down for the wet season with FR24 !!

Currently 173 out of 196 active airport codes I’ve identified since November 2015 being used by Feeder stations. This doesn’t count any new ones who have popped up and quickly disappeared within this four month period – nor does it count the couple of active stations who aren’t appearing in the statistics …

Leave a comment:

• POR911
    replied
    Yeah, I tried his site a few months ago, and seems to have shutdown....or? Because he was here in Brisbane, I used his site when others were down for YBBN. It was also good for military aircraft, as he did not filter them out. I hunted around for his email, as we emailed a few times testing his output several years ago, but could not find it.

Leave a comment:

• YSWG
    replied
    Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    It should work fine on the piaware image. (Did you run the fr24feed install script for RPi?)

The required fr24feed settings are explained here: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ng-dump1090-fa
    Yeah, used the install script but it was the starting of the FR24 feeder where the issue arose but think I sorted it as it restarted after I rebooted the RPi.

So have replaced my old dongle with a FA dongle, massive improvement, even though I have ~15m of cable to the antenna. Now to repurpose the old dongle for picking up air traffic comms.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Balus.info Flight Radar for Queensland and NSW not working

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    It should work fine on the piaware image. (Did you run the fr24feed install script for RPi?)

The required fr24feed settings are explained here: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wi...ng-dump1090-fa

Or you can just run this script, it takes care of configuring fr24feed (it won't mind that dump1090-fa is already installed): https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-sc...for-dump1090fa

Leave a comment:

• YSWG
    replied
    Have gotten my RPi feeding to FR24 while I wait for the parts required to have the FR24 receiver back online.

As I'm using a PiAware image, it has made it rather difficult to get the FR24feed to run. Can get it manually to run but not automatically (meaning any reboot or power loss, requires to ssh to start it). Will flash a spare card with a light weight Linux (for RPi) and install everything.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    Originally posted by F-YPTN1 View Post
    airnrail great to see Cape York online
    Sure is - and we can now see the Air North E170s most of the way from Cairns to Gove without the dreaded dashed line (as long as F-YDVG1 is also working.

Leave a comment:

• YSWG
    replied
    Sadly on the the issues of living near a river, bush and farm land. The amount of damage they cause in Wagga has been ongoing for some time! Lights in a pine trees really forever being fixed or replaced, roof on the Historic Council Chambers has had to be replaced, Sturt Mall lost plastic coated foam mouldings.

They are very smart birds, you think you found a solution and they quickly find away of destroying it!

Leave a comment:

• F-YPTN1
    replied
    airnrail great to see Cape York online

Leave a comment:

• F-YPTN1
    replied
    YSWG - The buggers will eat anything

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    YSWG: Jeez mate you've been having issues with those bloody cockies for years. Sorry to hear your feeder is down - hopefully FR24 will provide the fix quickly.

Leave a comment:

• YSWG
    replied
    Sadly F-YSWG1 is offline, power adapter failed and found the coax has had water seeping, though that wasn’t cause the power adapter to fail due to the way I have it setup. The water damaged coax did cause coverage issues, assuming cockatoos have put a few nicks (already have had to have the solar hot water fixed for the second time in two years).

Last three days the FR24 receiver has had a very poor uptime (11 to 23%) and locally seemed to reboot itself but this evening the power adapter went pop, assuming it was a capacitor failure) but has done well to last over four years of mostly 24/7 operation. Tested the FR24 receiver with a borrowed adapter and it powered up. Looks like I’ll be doing some maintenance while fixing my RPi setup (antenna for that setup has been destroyed by the cockatoos). While I’m at it, install a OS so FR24 software can be installed.

Yes have emailed support.
    Last edited by YSWG; 2019-10-09, 11:11.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X