Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pmolsen
    replied
    Can a feeder from Sydney please have a look at my thread here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...hicles-Missing and comment on it.

Leave a comment:

• pmolsen
    replied
    Any Sydney YSSY feeders out there? I posted a question on another thread here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...hicles-Missing about ground vehicles no longer displaying at YSSY. They used to display at the beginning of this year.

The latest reply I got was unhelpful. I therefore emailed support. The reply I received was equally unhelpful. Quote: "It depends on the closest receiver that picks up the data. If that's up and feeding then you will see data, if it's down then unfortunately ground data won't be shown."

I cannot imagine that all Sydney feeders have been down all year. Can any Sydney feeders enlighten me as to what has changed to stop the ground vehicles displaying please?

Leave a comment:

• rodeo
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevebee View Post
    I tried the coco, but was a bit disappointed, the stock dtv antenna worked better for me, I just realized i used the wrong dimensions for my spider antenna and compared to the correct size one i just finished making, works way better??? dont understand the maths behind why its working when it shouldn't lol ah well. I might put up a range plot later on
    The co-co's can be a finicky beast - at 1090Mhz, a mm here or there can really effect how it works; unless you have the test gear to check it, it can be very hit and miss.

I have to admit I took the easy (but expensive) option and bought a Jetvision A3, though I have made a variation on the "cantenna" design for my second RPi that I use for testing and that I take away with me on holidays.

Cheers

Andrew
    Last edited by rodeo; 2015-10-28, 08:36.

Leave a comment:

• Stevebee
    replied
    Originally posted by val367 View Post
    Cheers Steve, yea I think it's the USB dongle and am waiting for a new one to arrive. I ended up making an 8 element coax col-lineal antenna as that was very easy to make but need a new usb to confirm
    I tried the coco, but was a bit disappointed, the stock dtv antenna worked better for me, I just realized i used the wrong dimensions for my spider antenna and compared to the correct size one i just finished making, works way better??? dont understand the maths behind why its working when it shouldn't lol ah well. I might put up a range plot later on

Leave a comment:

• val367
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevebee View Post
    Hey Val,
    I too have just started using my dtv dongle for adsb mode s, and have found that out of all the different antennas ive experimented and tested, the 5 or 9 legged 1/4 ground wave antenna works surprisingly well. Especially if you give it a little elevation. Its really easy to build as well. I found the tutorial on the plane finder forum, google search 3 EASY ANTENNAS FOR BEGINNERS planefinder
    Cheers Steve, yea I think it's the USB dongle and am waiting for a new one to arrive. I ended up making an 8 element coax col-lineal antenna as that was very easy to make but need a new usb to confirm

Leave a comment:

• Stevebee
    replied
    Hey Val,
    I too have just started using my dtv dongle for adsb mode s, and have found that out of all the different antennas ive experimented and tested, the 5 or 9 legged 1/4 ground wave antenna works surprisingly well. Especially if you give it a little elevation. Its really easy to build as well. I found the tutorial on the plane finder forum, google search 3 EASY ANTENNAS FOR BEGINNERS planefinder
    Last edited by Stevebee; 2015-10-19, 01:45.

Leave a comment:

• val367
    replied
    Hi all

Just thought I would drop a quick note to say hi, I'm from Perth and have just set up a little usb dvb-t connected to my windows machine. Hopefully it will start seeing things (provided I haven't messed up the antenna too much). I tried getting my pi working but it looked to have a problem with the USB and didn't seem to connect. So I shelved that for the minute and have fired it up on the trusty windows machine .

Looking forward to learning more.

Cheers Val
    (T-YPPH31)

Leave a comment:

• rodeo
    replied
    Hey all,

I've just changed dump1090-mutability to Oliver's 1.15~dev version which doesn't on-feed FA generated "synthetic MLAT" back to FR. All appears to be well as far as I can see.

If anyone sees any funny MLAT data being fed by me, can you please let me know !!

Cheers,

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Hrm. That breaks stuff if you don't change mutability too it seems

mlat(17926): Beast-format results connection with localhost:30104: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Leave a comment:

• rodeo
    replied
    Have just now changed it back ...... I think I ended up feeding FR with crap :-( was showing a REX Saab340 that I know should have been a MLAT only with my radar ident.

Leave a comment:

• rodeo
    replied
    If you are active over on the FA forums you will have possibly seen this:

Piaware 2.1-3 is now available.

The default port for multilateration results has changed

Piaware now sends mlat results to port 30104 by default. This change is to try to avoid accidentally feeding mlat results to a dump1090 that is not mlat-aware and may forward the results on unexpectedly (e.g. to other feeder software that doesn't expect to see them).

I've done the update and changed it back to sudo piaware-config -mlatResultsFormat beast,connect,localhost:30104 from bhaal's suggested -mlatResultsFormat "basestation,listen,31003" so here's hoping......

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• YSWG
    replied
    Originally posted by bhaal View Post
    So it seems NSW are getting a few more leased air support for the coming bush fire season..
    2015/16 is predicted to be a bad season with El Nino and after the rather "quite" season last year. 2014/15 fire season did have some big fires but far fewer than in previous years.

The C130 and DC-10 trial is happening at a good time, though not sure if they will return for the 2016/17 fire season.

N3079T and N3080T are currently in Ballarat, temporary manufacturer registration.
    Last edited by YSWG; 2015-09-28, 14:36.

Leave a comment:

• rodeo
    replied
    Originally posted by bhaal View Post
    Was this something were doing today or just when there is spare time?
    Definitely spare time !!! ie not high on the priority list (or correctly, on SWMBO's priority list ....)

Leave a comment:

• bhaal
    replied
    So it seems NSW are getting a few more leased air support for the coming bush fire season..

2 x Air Tractor AT-802's took off from YBBN not long ago heading south, I am only guessing their have been equipped as water bombers though, haven't seen a photo of them yet and I don't think YBBN Spotters got one :/

And just a little while ago, Omi-Air's DC10-30 Air tanker with NSW Rural Fire Brigade badges on it landed at YBBN on it's way to NSW...

Hopefully you guys don't need them! *fingers crossed*
    arethesetourists.png
    isthereanairshow.png

Link to YBBN Spotters image: https://scontent.fbne1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...92297825_o.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bhaal
    replied
    Originally posted by rodeo View Post
    Interesting ! I haven't but then again I've only ever used Pi2's ..... and my ADSB Pi2 is sitting right on top of my NTP Pi2 as well.... I have a B+ sitting around doing nothing, I'll image a SD card and give it a whirl and see if I notice any difference. Will be funny if I have to revert back to a B+ for the ADSB rx !!

Cheers,

Andrew
    Was this something were doing today or just when there is spare time?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X