Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The FR24 equipment arrived today.

    By Friday it will be mounted on a 6 metre mast (if the weather co-operates) until then Im going to try to get it mounted somewhere today.
    F-YBNA2

    Comment


    • OK, so I have temporarily mounted the Antenna and turned it on.

      I got planeplotter to show what my FR24 box is seeing. WOW. I can see aircraft about 180nm plus out to sea. YBBN bound aircraft drop out around 6000', YBCG bound drop out around 3000'. I have seen aircraft as far south as Forster area. Not too many out to the west flying past when I was watching.

      Can only get better once it's mounted properly.
      F-YBNA2

      Comment


      • I've seen VH-TSO above Brisbane before and I suspected it was an aerial photography/surveying aircraft but previously the coverage hasn't been clear enough to see the patterns. Today however, excellent plot of the flight pattern:


        Flight plan is a little off though, Karaganda, Kazakhstan to Moscow, Russia... it's really, really lost
        Last edited by Echo; 2014-01-06, 04:03.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Echo View Post
          I've seen VH-TSO above Brisbane before and I suspected it was an aerial photography/surveying aircraft but previously the coverage hasn't been clear enough to see the patterns. Today however, excellent plot of the flight pattern:

          Flight plan is a little off though, Karaganda, Kazakhstan to Moscow, Russia... it's really, really lost
          Just tried to look that one up and the link in your post is invalid. I suspect the callsign lines up with an airline over in europe and therefore displays an incorrect route. It happens here in NSW reasonably frequently with the 'ambulance' flight numbers since some of them are the same as Aeromexico flights. Not a lot can be done with those unfortunately.

          Regards,
          Gregg
          Last edited by fungus; 2014-01-06, 04:24.
          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

          Comment


          • Aerial survey charter. Correct

            http://www.adastra.adastron.com/airc...y-aircraft.htm

            VH-DEQ PA31-310 2008 - current
            VH-TSO PA31-350 2006 - current
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

            Comment


            • YES!!! From my antennas present location I can see aircraft moving on the ground at YBNA. It's going about 6M higher.
              F-YBNA2

              Comment


              • Sorry for multiple posts today but F-YBNA1 is online.
                F-YBNA2

                Comment


                • Hey lads,

                  If anyone is a member of the YSSY spotters group, Appreciate if you could ask (or next time you are at the airport) spot the ground vehicles to be added to the Dbase.

                  Apparently a few zipping around now, but not txing a callsign to know their roles like they do in NZAA
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
                    Sorry for multiple posts today but F-YBNA1 is online.
                    Nice coverage especially towards the Tasman sea. and that's on a ?temporary mast?

                    Also seems that there is a bit of ground coverage with F-YBBN2 online now.
                    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-01-06, 13:09. Reason: grammar

                    Comment


                    • Yes, right now it's view to the N thru E is somewhat restricted as it's just at the peak of the roof level, on the south western side of the roof peak. So North and East should be better and some improvement on SW-NW views.
                      By Friday it should be about 6 meters above it's present location. BUT, some quick searching has revealed the gains may not be so great ?

                      And yes great to see F-YBBN2 picking up lower and ground. Confused tho ? who is this Andrew that's been banned, I thought he may have been BN2 ?

                      Would also be great to see YBCG ground or at least below 1500'
                      Last edited by Lancair70; 2014-01-06, 10:20.
                      F-YBNA2

                      Comment


                      • Ray, I see you've finally been upgraded to T-YPMQ1. Combined, our feeds add greatly to east of the coast coverage.

                        Andrew
                        F-YBNA2

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
                          Yes, right now it's view to the N thru E is somewhat restricted as it's just at the peak of the roof level, on the south western side of the roof peak. So North and East should be better and some improvement on SW-NW views.
                          By Friday it should be about 6 meters above it's present location. BUT, some quick searching has revealed the gains may not be so great ?

                          And yes great to see F-YBBN2 picking up lower and ground. Confused tho ? who is this Andrew that's been banned, I thought he may have been BN2 ?

                          Would also be great to see YBCG ground or at least below 1500'
                          Hi Andrew,

                          I recall you posted about ?medium gain of the provided antenna and you might be ?concerned about the range from it? As far as observation goes the provided antenna is quite good for what the range it can achieve. Height really is the single most important factor for ads-b receiving as well as able to provide as much view of the sky unobstructed.

                          If you wish to maximize the potential perhaps you could:
                          1) build a higher gain collinear yourself? lots available at the hardware thread. or you can youtube 1090mhz collinear.
                          2) wait for F5ANN's active PCB antenna to be sold? Not sure when but should be within this few months. http://f5ann.pagesperso-orange.fr/PC...nna/index.html
                          3) Or then you might consider getting thicker coaxial cables than the one provided such as LMR400 LDF250A, Westflex 103. These cables are stiffer however so will require more to bend so that might be an issue if you have a small space to bend to go through i.e. window silts. You can have a look at 1090mhz's website on how he did his installation for the FR24 kit. http://www.ads-b.ca/

                          enjoy!

                          Comment


                          • The worst thing I can see about the LMR400 is the plugs on the end not being slip on slip off like TV plugs or f-connecters. They seem to nr big and bulky and not reusable. So no easy threading re- threading through holes, etc.

                            Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • They are slip on slip off. As long as you undo the screw thread that locks them inplace first The idea of them is its near direct core-core contact. And partly weather/short sealed. So low loss

                              But the connectors themselves are easily put on. There are screw-compression, where the socket goes over the sleeve, core soldered with a tip. And then screwed into from the rear, expanding a compression ring and securing it to the cable.
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                                The worst thing I can see about the LMR400 is the plugs on the end not being slip on slip off like TV plugs or f-connecters. They seem to nr big and bulky and not reusable. So no easy threading re- threading through holes, etc.

                                Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                                Just spoke with an antenna expert a few days ago about that very issue with LMR400. He recommended RG213 if the cable run isnt too long as it's the same size as LMR400 but much easier to work with as it's more pliable but obviously not as good as far as losses. There you go, Oblivian is far more familiar with these things than I am (see post above).

                                Regards,
                                Gregg
                                Last edited by fungus; 2014-01-08, 00:22.
                                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X