X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bhaal
    replied
    Originally posted by Kemistry View Post
    Thanks bhaal, looks like FA don't appear to recover your location very well after a long outage - manually fixed now. Sorry about the longer than expected downtime. Should be back to regular feeding now.
    Good to have you back, hope the renos went well!

Leave a comment:

• Kemistry
    replied
    Originally posted by bhaal View Post
    I thought you were renovating, not moving a million miles away to the middle of nowhere?!?!
    Thanks bhaal, looks like FA don't appear to recover your location very well after a long outage - manually fixed now. Sorry about the longer than expected downtime. Should be back to regular feeding now.

Leave a comment:

• bhaal
    replied
    Kemistry,

I thought you were renovating, not moving a million miles away to the middle of nowhere?!?!

Leave a comment:

• nomad77
    replied
    I want one.......

C172.jpg

Leave a comment:

• peteskip
    replied
    Hi John F-YMIA1 is about 2Ks north east of Mildura.
    Yours Peter

Leave a comment:

• Olov
    replied
    Originally posted by airnrail View Post
    F-YTNK1 Tennant Creek
    Great to see this feeder back after quite a while off air.
    Yes! Receiver broke down for unknown reason, now using the old Beast + iConnect setup. A new fr24 receiver shipping there this week.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    F-YTNK1 Tennant Creek
    Great to see this feeder back after quite a while off air.

Leave a comment:

• nomad77
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow75 View Post
    For those interested :-
    HARR - Harrier (RSAF)
    CHLE - Charlie (RAAF BFTS Solo Student)
    CHCK - Check (RAAF BFTS Check Ride / Test)
    Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow75
    replied
    Originally posted by YSWG View Post
    These are just guesses, need to get an airband radio.

HARR - Harry?
    CHLE - Charlie or Charles?
    CHCK - Chuck?

ROLR is Roller
    For those interested :-
    HARR - Harrier (RSAF)
    CHLE - Charlie (RAAF BFTS Solo Student)
    CHCK - Check (RAAF BFTS Check Ride / Test)

Leave a comment:

• StanE
    replied
    Yes, I used the contact form here and used my affected email address. Not sure, if I added my registration date (I think 30.10.2014) and my forum nick.

Leave a comment:

• Olov
    replied
    Originally posted by mbirth View Post
    Did you already rule out Tapatalk as a possible intrusion vector?
    Yes, it is 100% ruled out to be linked to the forum database.

Leave a comment:

• Olov
    replied
    Originally posted by StanE View Post
    Thank you for this info. Can you say something about similarities (except the time range)? I'm from Germany, use the local client Thunderbird, email address is not from a "public" email server, but from my own domain of my hosting provider all-inkl.com, Emails are downloaded locally and do not reside online. Also, my email address begins with fr24@... (I saw that at least one another affected user here seems to use exactly the same email prefix too).
    Basically all we have at this point is the time range.

It is likely that only users with Flightradar24-specific email addresses would report this issue to us, the rest would never know the source that leaked their email address.
    It is also likely that a fair share of the users with Flightradar24-specific emails has choose to name them fr24, flightradar24, radar24 and so on.

Did you report this to support btw? We are interested in all users with Flightradar24 specific email addresses that received spam to report this.. to be able to narrow down the time period even more.

Thanks
    Olov

Leave a comment:

• StanE
    replied
    Thank you for this info. Can you say something about similarities (except the time range)? I'm from Germany, use the local client Thunderbird, email address is not from a "public" email server, but from my own domain of my hosting provider all-inkl.com, Emails are downloaded locally and do not reside online. Also, my email address begins with fr24@... (I saw that at least one another affected user here seems to use exactly the same email prefix too).

Leave a comment:

• mbirth
    replied
    Originally posted by Olov View Post
    We have one theory involving a confirmed security breach at our email provider around that time, but it is very difficult to confirm it 100%. Still working on it!
    Did you already rule out Tapatalk as a possible intrusion vector?

Leave a comment:

• Olov
    replied
    Originally posted by StanE View Post
    Olov, can I send you the 3 emails in a password protected ZIP file via PM, if it helps you somehow?
    Thats OK, we already have them.

Still haven't found any signs of intrusion in any of our servers, and all users with fr24 exclusive email addresses that received spam registered 12 months+ ago.

We have one theory involving a confirmed security breach at our email provider around that time, but it is very difficult to confirm it 100%. Still working on it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X