No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was looking at some hi altitude charts for islands in the Pacific ideal as radar sites for Australia. Seems the main two, apart from the other major inhabited islands are Norfolk and Lord Howe. See attached pic of current air routes.

Geoff

lord howe2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by POR911 View Post
      Was looking at some hi altitude charts for islands in the Pacific ideal as radar sites for Australia. Seems the main two, apart from the other major inhabited islands are Norfolk and Lord Howe. See attached pic of current air routes.

Geoff
      Geoff,
      Yes unfortunatley we had no takers to man the rowboats in the Pacific so islands will have to suffice.

Gregg
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
        Geoff,
        Yes unfortunatley we had no takers to man the rowboats in the Pacific so islands will have to suffice.

Gregg
        Yeah, there are some great intersection points in the Pacific that a/c use for navigation. Now if we could only get the government to offer some new employment opportunities on a floating radio station sort of thing, maybe even fishing at the same time....we would get great reception. Amazing when you look at those two Islands in the middle of know where..I wonder if their air is nice and clean. Nights would be fantastic looking at the stars.

Geoff

Comment

• Morning all,

I've just seen an ac that FR reports as blocked. Dump1090 tells me it's carrying US registration. Your input welcomed.

Airframes.org reports the planes as belonging to Wells Fargo Bank Northwest NA Trustee

Screenshot-34.png

Comment

• Originally posted by vk2tv View Post
            Morning all,

I've just seen an ac that FR reports as blocked. Dump1090 tells me it's carrying US registration. Your input welcomed.

Airframes.org reports the planes as belonging to Wells Fargo Bank Northwest NA Trustee

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3100[/ATTACH]
            This has been discussed many times on the Forum and your post be deleted shortly as new posts about the subject are not allowed.

All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Update: I have decided not delete the post, as the replies did not restart the subject to the point where the posts needed to be deleted.
            Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-12-22, 12:32.
            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Bum suitably kicked! My apology.

Ray
              vk2tv

Comment

• Originally posted by vk2tv View Post
                Bum suitably kicked! My apology.

Ray
                vk2tv
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                You bad sod you.........
                Not sure if you have been chastised because you mentioned a old subject about blocked a/c as these a/c don't want their details displayed or that we are not allowed to even mention blocked a/c?

Geoff

Comment

• Geoff,

Rules are rules and, being new here, I didn't think to search. No drama.

Ray

Comment

• Ummm, ok, just read the post that speedbird1960 posted. FR24 want to downplay the subject of a/c that choose to block their details and some sites/persons choose to find ways around this blocking...and then display these details.

I agree with Mike. This hobby is fantastic. Sure some a/c for what ever "their" reason is, chose to request their actual flight details, other than position, be blocked from general view. We have to respect this, as if this is not done, it maybe mandated that certain receivers not be in private hands, and this would have more serious repercussions for us.

I think unless FR have a simple one sentence explanation about FR24 policy on blocked a/c....or a simple word blocker working, that advises users that word is not used due to..... this subject will keep popping up when new users join, as some will not search.

Geoff

Comment

• My application to host ADS-B for FR24 has been approved!

Position, Approx 1.6nm bearing 190 from the centre of rwy 06-24 at YBNA.

Im arranging the tallest mast I can, possibly 6m above the centre pitch of single story house.
                      F-YBNA2

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
                        My application to host ADS-B for FR24 has been approved!

Im arranging the tallest mast I can, possibly 6m above the centre pitch of single story house.
                        Great to hear and welcome Ballina. Looking forward to seeing aicraft on ground there.

Regards,
                        Gregg (T-YSSY$) oops, we dont get any of those (T-YSSY4)
                        Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-22, 03:58.
                        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

My application to host ADS-B for FR24 has been approved!

Welcome to the site Lancair70. A 6 metre mast above the pitch will be site to behold...sort of reminds me back to the shortwave days when all sorts of antenna masts were put on houses. Do you plan to mount another antenna on the mast, e.g. radio scanner?
                          What sort of traffic do you get through YBNA airport

Geoff

Comment

• Originally posted by POR911 View Post
                            Welcome to the site Lancair70. A 6 metre mast above the pitch will be site to behold...sort of reminds me back to the shortwave days when all sorts of antenna masts were put on houses. Do you plan to mount another antenna on the mast, e.g. radio scanner?
                            What sort of traffic do you get through YBNA airport

Geoff
                            In the future I'd like to put a dedicated scanner up too, right now I use Live ATC or have my own handheld Uniden scanner for local traffic. I put in my application suggesting I mount it on a 1.5 - 2m mast but have since learnt how relatively easy it is to do a higher, stayed mast for light weight use. I asked for the 10m antenna cable hoping I could put it higher in the future. (at time of application)

YBNA is serviced by 4 Rex Airlines Saab340 YSSY flights some via YWLM, 1 Virgin Australia B738 from YSSY, and at least 2 Jetstar A320 services a day from YSSY, TU, TH, SA see a direct YMML flight. In peak holiday season Jetstar do 2 YSSY and 1 YMML daily, VA do 2 YSSY daily. We also have a least 2 PVT aircraft based at the airport with ADS-B transponders. I like watching the slower and lower PVT aircraft too.

Hopefully my site will get more pacific ocean flights a bit further out than YBBN or YWLM in this area of Australia.
                            F-YBNA2

Comment

In the future I'd like to put a dedicated scanner up too, right now I use Live ATC or have my own handheld Uniden scanner for local traffic. I put in my application suggesting I mount it on a 1.5 - 2m mast but have since learnt how relatively easy it is to do a higher, stayed mast for light weight use. I asked for the 10m antenna cable hoping I could put it higher in the future. (at time of application)

YBNA is serviced by 4 Rex Airlines Saab340 YSSY flights some via YWLM, 1 Virgin Australia B738 from YSSY, and at least 2 Jetstar A320 services a day from YSSY, TU, TH, SA see a direct YMML flight. In peak holiday season Jetstar do 2 YSSY and 1 YMML daily, VA do 2 YSSY daily. We also have a least 2 PVT aircraft based at the airport with ADS-B transponders. I like watching the slower and lower PVT aircraft too.

Hopefully my site will get more pacific ocean flights a bit further out than YBBN or YWLM in this area of Australia.
                              Another welcome, from Kempsey, Lancair70. I'm fairly new here and, like you I have an interest in local traffic. Those Rexair flights as well as Air Ambulance and some private aircraft all dissappeared from radar around this part of the world, if they were ever previously seen. You are sure to fill a void in coverage. My installation is currently very temporary with a coaxial dipole antenna at maybe 4m above the ground but even with that I'm seeing Pacific Ocean ac that Sydney and Brisbane miss. My plan is to build a higher gain antenna and mount it substantially higher than at present.

I applied to host a FR receiver here but my application was ignored, but that's ok. Ultimately it gave me the incentive to do my own thing and I'm having loads of fun. I'm an incurable radio experimeter/enthusiast of 60 years anyway so DIY suits me.

Regards
                              Ray
                              vk2tv

Comment

Excellent. I did not realise YWLM was so busy. It is great to match the airband activity with the actual radar coverage. LiveATC does a great job with YSSY, though coverage not so good for YBBN, hence why I am re-installing my gear.

I am just in the throws of re-installing my scanner discone antenna, and am considering an ADS-B antenna as well. I will experiment with different antenna mast lengths. Will try with the standard 1500mm mast and see if my scanner picks up ground traffic ok, if not, will lift it to 3 metres etc. I do not see any point in joining the YBBN group unless I can add better coverage than what the other guys are doing. Although I am on the southern end of 01 at YBBN, I have a hill and the 'Gateway Bridge' between me and the tower. This means that ground coms are not very reliable at present with my inside roof cavity antenna. Anyway, when I have the exterior antenna working for ground coms, will try with dongle and see what I can receive.

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                                X