Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
    Oh very interesting to know which Netherlands was sent. I hope central, Around Almere or Lelystad. For the few gaps in MLAT.
    We shall see it soon in the new feeders thread!
    Netherlands is the best covered MLAT region in Europe so there are currently no plans to send more receivers to that area. The one in shipping will be installed on an island at the north Sea. One of the German shipping's will be installed on an oil platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Netherlands is the best covered MLAT region in Europe so there are currently no plans to send more receivers to that area. The one in shipping will be installed on an island at the north Sea. One of the German shipping's will be installed on an oil platform.
      Well, between EHAM and the north sea islands there is a big MLAT gap as well, so this is even better!
      Between Schiphol, EHAM and Lelystad, EHLE, there is a small gap, but my receiver catches the signals fine: http://x264.nl/dump/depcp-2014-05-18...ad-airport.jpg
      Too bad the other receivers are too low.

You should get a receiver on an oil platform between the UK and The Netherlands as well.

MLAT, we're loving it!

Comment

• Not sure what you mean about MLAT gap. Our goal is to have MLAT in Europa on FL100+. Netherlands have MLAT down to about FL30-FL80.

Comment

Not sure what you mean about MLAT gap. Our goal is to have MLAT in Europa on FL100+. Netherlands have MLAT down to about FL30-FL80.
          Down to the runway. :-)
          Dream big! Around Schiphol and Rotterdam we have about 600-1000 feet MLAT. It's bloody awesome.
          Anything not showing up around Schiphol below 3000 feet is a gap for me. Positively jokingly of course. I really love FR24 + MLAT around Schiphol!

http://x264.nl/dump/fr24-2014-03-23-...at-650feet.jpg good stuff.
          And soon more visible north of Schiphol, really great.

Comment

One of the German shipping's will be installed on an oil platform.
            That's cool. I enjoy seeing the PHI Sikorskys in the Gulf of Mexico that F-KNBG provides coverage of. Would be great if a platform there ever hits you up. Coverage area dream.

Comment

EHLW1 is now active in Leeuwarden. Just waiting for the German oil platform installation about 50km out of the coast.

Comment

EHLW1 is now active in Leeuwarden. Just waiting for the German oil platform installation about 50km out of the coast.
                Oh missed this post, already posted in the feeder chat. Always i wanted to press Edit, but i can respond here also.
                EHLW1 has great reception!

Now the "gap" <3000 feet MLAT is fixed also north - north/east op Schiphol.

MLAT was already working here, but only is a very small region: http://x264.nl/dump/phske-2014-05-04-mlat.jpg
                Now more north and more east should be visible as well. Next step (with sold receivers?) ... MLAT on ground level.

Comment

• Result of the "gap" filled: http://x264.nl/dump/klm1416-2014-05-21-18c-mlat.jpg
                  Really nice.

Edit:

Mike, this is the <3000 feet "gap" still there but highly reduced: http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-05.../PHFLD/3623906 between from where it disappears and EHLE.
                  A receiver near EHLE (Lelystad) would solve this "issue". I completely understand your goals with MLAT are met, more than even.
                  But if there is a ever a way to hook up bought receivers to the MLAT network, i shall be trying to get a receiver in Lelystad.
                  Last edited by Jarod; 2014-05-21, 18:09.

Comment

• MyFR24 box arrived this morning ( the customs declaration said it was worth $32 )

Set up quickly as a temporary measure.

Allocated letters F-CYFC1.

Fredericton New Brunswick Canada.
                    FR24 Feeder Station F-CYFC1.

Comment

• "FEMS" - our FR24 system that handles all applications for free receivers will have a possible disruption for the next 2 hours.
                      This only applies to users who apply for a free receiver and has no connection to any live radar data.

Comment

• please Write This Week Shipping

Comment

• I applied back in April, still no word if approved or denied.
                          Located near Saint John, NB, Canada.

will keep waiting based on the 7-365 day approval/denial process.

P.S. nice to see one in stalled in Fredericton.
                          T-CYSJ1 || VirtualRadar

Comment

• You won't get any denied notice. Your information will be kept on file till needed.
                            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by sgu222e View Post
                              I applied back in April, still no word if approved or denied.
                              Located near Saint John, NB, Canada.

will keep waiting based on the 7-365 day approval/denial process.

P.S. nice to see one in stalled in Fredericton.
                              That's me installed in Fredericton F-CYFC1.

Will get the antenna a lot higher up when i get some time, i just got it up and working as fast as i could to get it feeding data.

It was only a couple of weeks for me from filling in the form on the web site until Canada post was knocking at my door with a big box from Germany.
                              Last edited by Cogsinister; 2014-06-03, 19:08. Reason: oops
                              FR24 Feeder Station F-CYFC1.

Comment

• 10 receivers activated today. Probably the best day ever. Some very nice locations activated last days.

Comment

Working...
                                X