Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thiagan View Post
    I am just in the suburbs of Colombo city, I can mount on a high location but you cannot see 360 degrees right down to the horizon. Are you interested in such a location (6.9, 79.9). Thank you. Thiagan
    Please apply through http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

and have a good read on this topic and other threads in this forum. There is a wealth of information available in the forum, please slowly and patiently go through them. You can also use the search bar if you are looking for something for specific.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
      If you don't want to wait, you can always order the Radarcape. It's the same 'hardware'.
      Once you hook everything up to the radarcape it will automatically start uploading to FR24 server.
      It doesn't cost very much to buy your own box.
      http://www.modesbeast.com/radarcape.html
      Well... it depends on your threshold for "not very much". Radarcape and antenna costs 708€ (US$982).
      Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

• Originally posted by Breitling View Post
        Radarcape and antenna costs 708€ (US$982).
        Well, It's little bit cheaper for us.
        Your price still includes the VAT tax in that listed price. (Price incl. 19% VAT, plus delivery)

Take the tax out and it's cheaper for people in other countries to order.

The Radarcape and Antenna = 595.00 € without VAT tax = 825.32 US Dollar < The price includes shipping.

Still very good deal.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Still would be out of my league - even if I didn't need to pay the VAT (which I would have to).

Comment

• That's what I think, 600€ is not cheap for a piece of hardware doing the same thing than an 8€ dongle. Yes, I know they are completely different in performance, but if I only want to know which aircraft is right now over my head both devices do the same.

Anyway, this is a good reason to thank FR24 for lending a top-end hardware at no cost.
            Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

• It's a pity FR24 don't have a lower cost kit that could be sent to 'places of interest' where it's no justifiable to send a radarcape (places where there is not a 360 view, where seeking mainly to provide airport ground cover, to fill in holes in coverage)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                Take the tax out and it's cheaper for people in other countries to order.

The Radarcape and Antenna = 595.00 € without VAT tax = 825.32 US Dollar < The price includes shipping.
                Cheaper? While we don't need to pay VAT, the difference in the dollar (both US, AUD and NZD for example) and the cost of exchanging currency (fees) make it rather expensive. The cost of 595.00 € is $919.83 (AUD) in Australia (very close to the amount [$1000] that we need to pay 10% GST, even the extra costs such as postage/shipping is included as the cost of the item by Australian Customs) and $971.13 (NZD) in New Zealand (plus 5% duty for the antenna, 15% GST and IETF $29.26) makes that $1194.62 (NZD).
                F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                  Possibly there is no way to ship into Iran the FR24 radio because of the embargo and Government restriction?
                  You should try to have it shipped through Afghanistan or Dubai. I see that Iran has poor coverage.
                  Good luck.

Comment

• Hello FR24,

I now work in Afghanistan, and live in Uzbekistan, Tashkent. I saw that the coverage in this part of the world is pretty spotty.
                    I have no objection in paying for equipment, as it will be a retirement hobby. I can probably operate two sets, using 24 hour on line modems. In Afghanistan, we go off-line a few minutes, twice a day, during generator change overs. In Tashkent, they have once in a while a 2 hour power cut. My Tashkent location has a view of airport operations.
                    Let me know if we can talk.
                    Cheers,

Comment

• Coverage in IOM

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      During the first hour, we have received 70 applications. Most applications come from Brazil (about 20). We will contact everyone who applied to get more information! Thanks to everyone who applied!
                      Hello

How is the coverage in the Isle of Man?

I live in the Douglas area, just about in the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by cdnexpat View Post
                        Hello FR24,

I now work in Afghanistan, and live in Uzbekistan, Tashkent. I saw that the coverage in this part of the world is pretty spotty.
                        I have no objection in paying for equipment, as it will be a retirement hobby. I can probably operate two sets, using 24 hour on line modems. In Afghanistan, we go off-line a few minutes, twice a day, during generator change overs. In Tashkent, they have once in a while a 2 hour power cut. My Tashkent location has a view of airport operations.
                        Let me know if we can talk.
                        Cheers,
                        There is a link on the main page to apply for supurb loan equipment. Lots of others put together a receiver based on a USB dongle - it depends if you get approved for equipment or if you enjoy the challenge of DIY which appeals most.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Silly question , but are these for sale ? and if so how much are they ?

Cheers Andrew

Comment

• you can buy radarcape or dongle on the e-bay or amazon or apply for free FR24box
                            Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-16, 07:49. Reason: radarcape edit
                            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Hello Peter,

Do you know of any country that frown upon tracking flights?

Comment

• I think Saudi Arabia doesn't like it.
                                They have been known to send the FR24 boxes back to FR24.

South Africa might be another place that doesn't like it.

Originally posted by cdnexpat View Post
                                Hello Peter,

Do you know of any country that frown upon tracking flights?
                                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Working...
                                X