No announcement yet.

Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apart from asking the government in North Korea about them installing a receiver in Pyongyang Airport, we currently have no plans to ship receivers to about 10 countries (most mentioned above) that seems too risky.

Comment

• Using Radio Scanner (without licence) is ilegal in UK, Croatia and more EU countries, so you don't have ground in that.
      Penalty....that i will not comment.
      Custom can return shipment if recipient doesn't want to pay a custom fee.
      I've been in some countries that you refering to.
      Mike is giving all relevant data in his answers, think that's enough.
      That is all from me on that subject.
      Last edited by Amper; 2013-11-15, 08:08.
      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• The Saudis could just be worried about making too much information available to terrorists - without realising that FR24 is less of a risk than the small stand alone receivers with no upload capability (like a dongle + pi + dump1090 and no up-loader) since these are quite capable of showing all planes within a couple of hundred miles from a small antenna stuck on a land-cruiser roof or a Bedouin tent.

The way around this may be for assent to be given by the royal family for official installations in airports (and maybe some gov buildings) on the understanding that info about certain aircraft could be blocked or just not shown on FR24 (and of course the would also give them easy access to literally pull the plug if something sensitive was happening ... similar to the USA switching off GPS - but simpler).

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post

The way around this may be for assent to be given by the royal family for official installations in airports (and maybe some gov buildings) on the understanding that info about certain aircraft could be blocked or just not shown on FR24 (and of course the would also give them easy access to literally pull the plug if something sensitive was happening ... similar to the USA switching off GPS - but simpler).
          That's an excellent approach, to work with them not against them. If they understand what it's all about, and that they have control over it, then they may accept a Government supervised installation.

As Mike said, he had asked the North Korean Government about installing a receiver in Pyongyang Airport... I wonder if he ever got a response?
          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
            That's an excellent approach, to work with them not against them. If they understand what it's all about, and that they have control over it, then they may accept a Government supervised installation.

As Mike said, he had asked the North Korean Government about installing a receiver in Pyongyang Airport... I wonder if he ever got a response?
            Kim Jong Un: This do wot? ahh I zee... It's a presant! Made in USA no? tank you!

(obviously just a joke)
            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-11-15, 11:54.

Comment

• Mike.. does FR24 send reports out as to 'what kind of coverage, data, etc.' that we are sending in ? I just Rx mine in the mail at 10:00am..so wanted to get it 'up and running' before the blizzard hits in a few hours ! 73
              Jerry
              VE6CPP
              Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Are you interested in helping us increase Flightradar24’s ADS-B coverage around the world? We are looking for suitable hosts for a large number of ADS-B receivers and antennas.

To make sure we get the most out of each ADS-B receiver we send out, we do have some requirements:
              • You are able to offer excellent reception conditions – i.e. the antenna will be placed outside on a roof, mast or similar and have 360 degree unobstructed view of the sky
              • You are able to keep the receiver online 24/7 feeding our servers via an uninterrupted internet connection
              • If things for some reason doesn’t work out – you are OK with sending the equipment back (at Flightradar24’s expense) at our request

If this sounds interesting to you, please apply here

The ADS-B receiver that we are sending out is a special Flightradar24 branded unit developed by makers of the Mode-S Beast. The Flightradar24 Box is compact (measuring just 100x60x30mm). It connects directly to your router/modem by Ethernet cable. It doesn't need a PC to run and we supply an external Mode-S antenna, all cables including a GPS antenna for data timing precision.

If you already own ADS-B receiver, it’s very easy to feed data to Flightradar24: http://www.flightradar24.com/software

Everybody that feeds data to Flightradar24 gets our apps for free as well as exclusive website features: http://www.flightradar24.com/premium/

Comment

• Ive applied for a FR24 box (to be setup within 1/2nm of YBNA/BNK) but I doubt I'll be successful. It would appear the goal of full coverage at FL290 has been achieved over Australia. However the NE coast of NSW, where I am has very poor low level coverage and I know that there are a LOT of people in this area who use FR24 daily and miss seeing lower level arriving and departing aircraft. When T-YBCG1 is offline FL290 coverage is only just achieved between SYD and BNE. An F-box at YBNA and YCFS or YPMQ would give much better low level and further out to sea coverage on the East Coast of Australia. Send me 2, I have a place in PMQ to host it.

EDIT: And YBNA/BNK has more ADSB equipped services per day than YCFS. (JST, VOZ and RXA)
                Last edited by Lancair70; 2013-11-15, 22:03.
                F-YBNA2

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
                  Ive applied for a FR24 box (to be setup within 1/2nm of YBNA/BNK) but I doubt I'll be successful. It would appear the goal of full coverage at FL290 has been achieved over Australia. However the NE coast of NSW, where I am has very poor low level coverage and I know that there are a LOT of people in this area who use FR24 daily and miss seeing lower level arriving and departing aircraft. When T-YBCG1 is offline FL290 coverage is only just achieved between SYD and BNE. An F-box at YBNA and YCFS would give much better low level and further out to sea coverage on the East Coast of Australia.
                  You never know, in busy areas they want 4 or more spaced out radars to pick up the planes to get mlat working

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by VE6CPP View Post
                    Mike.. does FR24 send reports out as to 'what kind of coverage, data, etc.' that we are sending in ? I just Rx mine in the mail at 10:00am..so wanted to get it 'up and running' before the blizzard hits in a few hours ! 73
                    Jerry
                    VE6CPP
                    Hi Jerry,

I'm located near CYYZ and yes FR24 does have a stats page up and running... It's really nice to have some feedback on the systems performance, and to also see I'm receiving flights up to 300nm away. My advice to you, get your antenna up as high as you can on your tower, and wire it with the best coax you can get... LMR-400 or LMR-600 and you'll have amazing results.
                    Attached Files
                    www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Hi Jerry,

I'm located near CYYZ and yes FR24 does have a stats page up and running... It's really nice to have some feedback on the systems performance, and to also see I'm receiving flights up to 300nm away. My advice to you, get your antenna up as high as you can on your tower, and wire it with the best coax you can get... LMR-400 or LMR-600 and you'll have amazing results.
                      This should also be a valuable tool to evaluate potential coverrage when T-receiver hosts apply for a FR24 hardware base units.

Comment

• This is the sort of scenario I'm talking about: If there are any feeders in this area,they aren't too obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
                          This is the sort of scenario I'm talking about:[ATTACH=CONFIG]2918[/ATTACH] If there are any feeders in this area,they aren't too obvious.
                          It's map of aircraft, not feeders and obviously there are currently no flights over North Ireland. What do you suggest, plot fake aircraft over North Ireland, if there are no real present?

Comment

Hi Jerry,

Hi,

I'm positively surprise about the stats you show us in that threat. I'm feeding data for fr24 with the free kit, and it looks very interesting.How do you get it ?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              It's map of aircraft, not feeders and obviously there are currently no flights over North Ireland. What do you suggest, plot fake aircraft over North Ireland, if there are no real present?
                              My sincere apologies for not being 100% au fait with the workings of FR24.It just seems that quite often there seems to be no flights over NorthERN Ireland.Just wondered,thats all.

Comment

• Originally posted by tweetyman View Post
                                Hi,

I'm positively surprise about the stats you show us in that threat. I'm feeding data for fr24 with the free kit, and it looks very interesting.How do you get it ?

Thanks.

Go here: https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium/
                                and click on the "More info" link.
                                www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X