Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
    I don't believe that there are any feeders in N.Ireland.I say that because many times when I switch on FR24 ,the area is completely devoid of aircraft.I would love to become a feeder in this area but unfortunately I dont believe I satisfy the criteria ie I dont have a 360 degree view of the sky and would be limited in how high I could mount an antenna,but surely some better,albeit limited, coverage here would be of benefit?
    I can't comment what you believe in but there are 2 FR24 receivers installed on Ireland, 2 FR24 receivers shipped and during installation on Ireland, and 2 FR24 receivers approved for shipment to Ireland. Apart from that there are 10-20 feeders with own equipment sending data to FR24, so we have full 100% ADS-B coverage on Ireland, and will soon have MLAT coverage on most parts of Ireland.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
      Mike,

Whereabouts are the receivers sent to Malaysia and Philippines?

Thanks.
      Approved today
      Kuala Lumpur
      Zamboanga
      Santos City

Already in shipment
      Davao City
      Da Nang
      Pekanbaru
      Jakarta
      Yogyakarta
      Malang
      Waingapu
      Semarang

Comment

• I am interested in helping to increase coveraga in Peru South America for SPIM airpot.

Comment

• apply here http://www.flightradar24.com/increase-coverage
          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Approved today
            Kuala Lumpur
            Zamboanga
            Santos City

Already in shipment
            Davao City
            Da Nang
            Pekanbaru
            Jakarta
            Yogyakarta
            Malang
            Waingapu
            Semarang
            Thank you Mike. Hope the shipment to Philippines (davao) and the ones going to will reach their destination ok after the typhoon... Shipment to Zamboanga and Santos should be alright.

Oh great someone at KL, lucky guy he will be. Good to have a FR24 kit there soon.

Seems to going to be a few FR24 receivers in Java, Indonesia too.. nice. Lots of a/c there!

Comment

• Jamaica - Yeah Man! This is a much needed location. There are many aircraft flying from South America to the USA that fly right overhead and going over Jamaica and Cuba. Currently aircraft disappear from the radar once the go south of Cuba.
              F-KTMB1

Comment

• To ours Two Mikes. Chad.jpg

From Varies members of the English chat,. Ive been asked a number of times,.
                Whats wrong with the Reciever at JED(Sudi Arabi) Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport / Saudi Arabia (JED/OEJN)
                As He/she, never appears to be On line.. which I can also affirm when Ive gone to that area.

Therefore,. I suggested to a member (Suharto) that he applys for a reciever.
                From what I understand, from him,. he has Router possibllitys (24/7) and is about 20Kms for the Airport
                and the the Antenne would come on top of a 5 storey building.

As far as I know,. the present JED uploader hasnt been uploading for the last 2-3 months
                and something needs to be done in that area of the woods. where I hope you will be
                able to do something about..

Ooh...! its a bit to far for me to fly there..
                Last edited by delcomp; 2013-11-14, 10:25.
                (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• We have sent receivers to Saudi Arabia before and they have been returned by customs, so we are currently not sending anything to Saudi Arabia.

Comment

• Has the Reciever in JED been closed down ???

Or is there a Em,. where can be asked..
                    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Maybe the user could get a dongle, Raspberry Pi and make up a home brew antenna - the individual parts probably won't attract attention (user would have to check that the suppliers will ship to Saudi)

Comment

• Originally posted by ko4e View Post
                        Jamaica - Yeah Man! This is a much needed location. There are many aircraft flying from South America to the USA that fly right overhead and going over Jamaica and Cuba. Currently aircraft disappear from the radar once the go south of Cuba.
                        Yes Jamaica would be a good spot as lots of these South America <----> USA flights use the Montego Bay, and Kingston VOR's.
                        www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          We have sent receivers to Saudi Arabia before and they have been returned by customs, so we are currently not sending anything to Saudi Arabia.
                          Saudi Arabia, in my opinion, is a very sketchy country to be intercepting aircraft moments in their airspace, and then sending that data out of their country. They could very well consider this "Government Spying"

Those Saudi stations that seems to have vanished without expiation could very well have been shutdown and the operators tossed in jail.

Cuba, Cambodia, Iran, North Korea are some other places I'd stay clear of...
                          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Luca..just awaiting delivery of my ADS-B Rx from FR24 ! Looking forward to 'joining the group' ! Nice, Clean looking Ham Shack you have..(wish I could say the same for mine !) I presently run a TS-440SAT on HF into a Vee and/or 5BT Vertical at 100W...6M5X on 6M at 150W, 2x2M12's on 2M Weak Signal at 300W, and 19el on 70cm at 100W for the same ! 148 Grids on 6M, 48 on 2M (most EME) and a whopping 5 on 70cm(terestrial) ! 73 and again, looking forward to Rx'ing my ADS-B Rx !
                            Jerry
                            VE6CPP VE6JEE
                            DN39or

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                              Saudi Arabia, in my opinion, is a very sketchy country to be intercepting aircraft moments in their airspace, and then sending that data out of their country. They could very well consider this "Government Spying"

Those Saudi stations that seems to have vanished without expiation could very well have been shutdown and the operators tossed in jail.

Cuba, Cambodia, Iran, North Korea are some other places I'd stay clear of...
                              with all do respect, you have no right to do this.
                              belittling other countries and people of those countries....

that is not ok, and it's not your first time to do it.

i kindly ask you to stop it, and fr24.com not to allow it.
                              tnx
                              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                                with all do respect, you have no right to do this.
                                belittling other countries and people of those countries....

that is not ok, and it's not your first time to do it.

i kindly ask you to stop it, and fr24.com not to allow it.
                                tnx
                                Look I'm in no way trying to "belittling other countries and people" like you seem to believe. It's a well known fact that some nations, like Saudi Arabia, have very sketchy views on things, Using a Scanner Radio is illegal in Saudi Arabia, so no question that intercepting and monitoring aircraft movements would also be seen as highly illegal.

Saudi Arabia is based on Sharia (or Islamic law) and is prominent internationally because of the wide range of crimes which can result in the death penalty and because it is usually carried out by public beheading. In 2011, the Saudi government reported 26 executions in the country. Foreigners are not exempt.

As Mike said, Saudi customs sent back the FR24 radios, so it's clear they don't want to be monitored.

JEDDAH, 1 May 2005 — Special Forces soldiers in recent raids on terrorist hideouts seized several scanning receivers. Better known as scanners, these electronic devices scan through a range of radio frequencies allowing the user to listen in on police transmissions and telephone conversations over a range of frequencies. Illegal in Saudi Arabia, possession of these devices is a serious offense.

Legal in the United States and in most European countries, these devices are sold to the general public through high street amateur radio outlets

Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-11-15, 01:11.
                                www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X