No announcement yet.

Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, Karachi has been offline for a while now, I think it's been over a month. Could you contact the original feeder, OPKC1, to enquire whether his ADS-B equipment is still functioning or out of service. If its irrepairable, I would like to buy ADS-B equipment. Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
      Hey thanks for the info and links will look them up for sure. All i have to do now is wait for the package to arrive, havent even heard or gotten an email yet indicating its been sent. Guess i will just have to be patient and wait for it. LOL
      Hi Andrew, did you receive your FR24 yet? From my location in Mississauga I can see aircraft past your location into Ann Arbor, Michigan so it'll be interesting when you get your system up and running as how far my way you can get. You can contact me at: radar@ads-b.ca
      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by KHI777 View Post
        Hey guys, Karachi has been offline for a while now, I think it's been over a month. Could you contact the original feeder, OPKC1, to enquire whether his ADS-B equipment is still functioning or out of service. If its irrepairable, I would like to buy ADS-B equipment. Thank you
        All FR24 receivers are monitored 24/7. But sometimes there could be reasons out of our or hosts control that can create down time. I'm sorry but we have no possibility to comment why receivers are down and when they will be back.

Comment

• Karachi is back online.

Comment

• So i got a msg on the 17th of October that my FR24 package was posted in Germany for international shipment on the 15th of October. Been waiting to hear anything via the tracking number given, well last nite early morning i recieved a msg from the Germany postal site that the item was handed over to the international logistics center Frankfurt on Oct 26 to be forwarded to Canada. Then when i checked out postal site here in canada, it said that on 2013/10/26 at 02:09 DEFRAA Germany International Item has left originating country and is en route to Canada. Wow cant beleive it sat around for 11 days before acatually been sent to Canada.

If it holds true, it will have take almost 3 weeks for the package to arrive to me here in Canada.

I am so glad we have top notch postal services world wide. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
              So i got a msg on the 17th of October that my FR24 package was posted in Germany for international shipment on the 15th of October. Been waiting to hear anything via the tracking number given, well last nite early morning i recieved a msg from the Germany postal site that the item was handed over to the international logistics center Frankfurt on Oct 26 to be forwarded to Canada. Then when i checked out postal site here in canada, it said that on 2013/10/26 at 02:09 DEFRAA Germany International Item has left originating country and is en route to Canada. Wow cant beleive it sat around for 11 days before acatually been sent to Canada.

If it holds true, it will have take almost 3 weeks for the package to arrive to me here in Canada.

I am so glad we have top notch postal services world wide. LOL
              Delays can be caused for many reasons, including Customs and Drug checks.
              AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Speedbird1960 Oh i know delays can happen just a little shocking, because another FR24 member who is about 2.5 hrs from me, got his package actually sent out about 3 days after it was posted and recieved in about 6 days later. Just strange. But oh well at least its on its way.

Comment

• this is my screenshot of my radar after the FR24 box installed and connected to the antenna on my ham tower for my radioamateur activity.

what do you think abt? can anyone show to me in "3 words" the mean of the colours white and olive green?
                  i hope you like my cover
                  radar.jpg
                  Luca Bottino - IZ5DMQ
                  QTH Loc. JN53FU
                  Meteo 6 - Lucca
                  www.meteo6.com

Comment

• Originally posted by iz5dmq View Post
                    this is my screenshot of my radar after the FR24 box installed and connected to the antenna on my ham tower for my radioamateur activity.

what do you think abt? can anyone show to me in "3 words" the mean of the colours white and olive green?
                    i hope you like my cover
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2807[/ATTACH]
                    Very nice website Metro6 .... amazing photos!

Your HAM tower, is that on an Apartment building ? Please show us some photos of your ADS-B antenna installation up there.
                    www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• hallo
                      yes the tower is on my patio...i have all the last floor the property is all mine..i'm radioamateur with a first licence and call IZ5DMQ the tower is a triangular fixed tower about 25 feets from the patio and 40 from the street level.
                      on the top i have my 3 elements yagi antenna and a diamond D777 , for now, because the RF cable of adb-s antenna is a little short for top level use.

during now the antenna is 6 feets down the top but the reception is very good.

i will pickup some pics during the day and show here

i'm very happy you like

bye
                      Luca Bottino - IZ5DMQ
                      QTH Loc. JN53FU
                      Meteo 6 - Lucca
                      www.meteo6.com

Comment

• Originally posted by iz5dmq View Post
                        hallo
                        yes the tower is on my patio...i have all the last floor the property is all mine..i'm radioamateur with a first licence and call IZ5DMQ the tower is a triangular fixed tower about 25 feets from the patio and 40 from the street level.
                        on the top i have my 3 elements yagi antenna and a diamond D777 , for now, because the RF cable of adb-s antenna is a little short for top level use.

during now the antenna is 6 feets down the top but the reception is very good.

i will pickup some pics during the day and show here

i'm very happy you like

bye
                        Wow. cool... pics would be great, just like what 1090Mhz mentioned.

On another note, IF (a big if) you are willing and as you are a HAM operator, you can change your cable to a thicker 50ohm coax to your desired length. Westflex 103 LDF4-50 LMR400 to name some examples. I am sure you know where to get cables if you want to. Getting a cable at the desired length and you able to install the ADS-B antenna at the highest you can go would be fantastic.

Originally posted by iz5dmq View Post
                        this is my screenshot of my radar after the FR24 box installed and connected to the antenna on my ham tower for my radioamateur activity.

i hope you like my cover
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2807[/ATTACH]
                        I don't use radar view often so I might get things wrong.

Go to "settings" at the upper right. It will the show the meaning of colours. White - plane cruising i.e. FL380. ; olive green means plane descending (you are seeing more green when you descend imagine you are in the cockpit)

Ciao.
                        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-10-26, 23:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post

....... as you are a HAM operator, you can change your cable to a thicker 50ohm coax to your desired length. Westflex 103 LDF4-50 LMR400 to name some examples.
                          I totally agree, the loss on LMR-400 is only 1/4 of what it is on RG58 @ 1000MHz. I'm running 50 feet of LMR-400 on my FR24 installation and have had fantastic results. Anyone who's a HAM will know this, and I can tell Metro6 is a Pro so I'm sure he'll be using LMR-400. See my tower Metro6: http://ads-b.ca/
                          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• On Friday another 40 receivers were shipped from Germany. This time about 30 was sent to locations outside of Europe, including USA, Canada, Brazil, Indonesia, China, Australia, Thailand, New Zealand, Russia, Vietnam and Vanuatu.

Comment

• 40 receivers.. damn..

Call me stupid, but who pays for all of this? Sponsors, airlines, add's? I mean, it's not like a kilo of flower, it's expensive equipment.
                              FR24 station: F-EHEH1

Comment

• It's paid by premium sales, ads and app sales. We think the global coverage is something that many of us would like to see, and we will get there sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                                X