Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike .. shhhhhh... not so loud.

The competitor will have a hard time living up to their claims of 9 to 15 times the number of receivers in their network.

100 x 15 = 1,500 receivers to be sent out per week is tough to achieve.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Just curious, Has anyone measured the internet traffic volume in/out for an FR24 feed over - say - a month?

This might seem a strange question these days when everyone has broadband and the usage is classed as trivial - but for people in remote locations with a higher priced satellite connection (like community Internet users on Christmas or Cocos islands http://www.ciia.cx/home.html), it could be relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        Just curious, Has anyone measured the internet traffic volume in/out for an FR24 feed over - say - a month?

This might seem a strange question these days when everyone has broadband and the usage is classed as trivial - but for people in remote locations with a higher priced satellite connection (like community Internet users on Christmas or Cocos islands http://www.ciia.cx/home.html), it could be relevant.
        I am also keen to find out.

Since it is claimed the FR24 receiver update the FR24.com Server every second and WSSS have very heavy traffic 24/7 = I wonder how much Upload Data I am using to feed FR24.com per month.
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Post in wrong Topic.
          Sorry about that...
          Last edited by Dundee; 2013-09-13, 10:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dundee View Post
            Just applying a few weeks ago but still no reply.
            Have you not had an acknowledgement or request for further information?

If not, please email Support@FR24.com referencing this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
              I am also keen to find out.

Since it is claimed the FR24 receiver update the FR24.com Server every second and WSSS have very heavy traffic 24/7 = I wonder how much Upload Data I am using to feed FR24.com per month.
              ADS-B is uploaded every 5-6-8 second I think. I don't remember the exact figure now. Monthly data consumption depends of course on coverage. I think most users are within the span of 200-600 MB data per month.

With MLAT activated the data volumes increase. MLAT uploads less data but more often. There is first a synchronization done which aircraft are in coverage from different receivers and then only data for aircraft visible by 4 or more receivers is uploaded.

MLAT is activated manually by FR24 team, and today MLAT is only active on 110 receivers within Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                Just curious, Has anyone measured the internet traffic volume in/out for an FR24 feed over - say - a month?

Some of our receivers are running on remote locations with GSM/GPRS/3G/Satellite connection. We are monitoring this stations together with the hosts for data consumption. The positive thing with remote locations is that most of the stations are in areas with limited traffic so they often use below 150 MB per month. If needed we can reduce data upload interval or exclude some traffic to reduce data amounts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Some of our receivers are running on remote locations with GSM/GPRS/3G/Satellite connection. We are monitoring this stations together with the hosts for data consumption. The positive thing with remote locations is that most of the stations are in areas with limited traffic so they often use below 150 MB per month. If needed we can reduce data upload interval or exclude some traffic to reduce data amounts.
                  Might it be worth putting something in the feeder software so it can skip feed events if there is no air traffic to report (maybe just pings the server every few minutes to say it's awake)

Comment

• Originally posted by FR24support View Post
                    Have you not had an acknowledgement or request for further information?

If not, please email Support@FR24.com referencing this post.
                    I sent email a few days ago with referencing 21885 (just ignore 22006, 22007).
                    Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dundee View Post
                      I sent email a few days ago
                      Thanks!
                      You have sent two applications via our online application form.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

When you submitted the application the website acknowledged your applications as follows:

"Thank you for your interest in hosting ADS-B equipment from Flightradar24.

The next step in this process is that a Flightradar24 representative will assess if your location is of interest to us at this time. If that’s the case, we will contact you via email asking for some further information. Please note that this process will take about a week. If your location is considered not to be of interest to us at this time, we will hold on to your application for future reference in case something changes.

Please contact support@fr24.com if you have any questions.
                      "

Comment

• We now have a new batch of 1000 FR24 receivers and we have also improved and automatized much of our "Free equipment process" which means that we can process more applications in a shorter time.

If you can offer a good antenna location and want to host our free FR24 receiver please apply on http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

Our goal is to ship about 200 units per month from October 2013 and about 300 units per month from January 2014!

Comment

• Should add Christmas Island, Australia and Cocos Islands, Australia to the list (though it would be good if the receiver would 'throttle back' it's traffic if there are no planes in places like that, since the Internet there is via satellite)

Comment

• Can someone please post how many Feeders there are in Victoria, Australia on the Official Thread it doesn't seem to list all of them as T-YBNS1 is not on the list, when on FR24 some planes are showing up from Radar: T-YBNS1.

Comment

• Mike: Any chances you could find out if my application for getting one of those FR24 box packages has been looked at. I am currently still off line, my DVB-t stick has quit working and would rather have one of these packages. I am anxious to get back on line. My alias is CYZR1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
                                Mike: Any chances you could find out if my application for getting one of those FR24 box packages has been looked at. I am currently still off line, my DVB-t stick has quit working and would rather have one of these packages. I am anxious to get back on line. My alias is CYZR1.
                                All applications are handled one by one. Some may take 3-4 days from application to approval, other may take up to 3-4 months, depending on location or where we need to improve coverage.

Your application was country "Canada" but map position was pointing to "Iraq". I would suggest that you apply again or send updated position to support@fr24.com in order to get a correct evaluation.

Some statistics:

We get about 40 applications per day.
                                About 20-25 are in interesting locations and "more information" is requested.
                                Only about 5-12 answers "more information" request.
                                Out of these about 4-8 are approved per day (30-50 per week).

Comment

Working...
                                X