X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paradiselost
    replied
    Originally posted by Kailrusha View Post
    I glad my application was accepted, Now i just saw Green Mark on Philippines Leyte. I been finding for quite sometime if anybody sends a Free Weather Station but they are expensive need membership. this ADS-B Host will greatly help our Island specially it was hit by Haiyan Last year. My 90 Foot Tower Survived the Onslaught Last Year. as well as other Tower Located in the Hills of Leyte. If Very thing goes well i can track Plane about 200 kilometers Radius base in elevation i have and the plane @ 30K-40K Feet.
    Kailrusha, FREE doesn't necessarily mean FREE. The materials sent will meet the needs of an AVERAGE install in Europe.

The Average install means the antenna is mounted at the top of a mast 10 meters from the receiver which is supplied line voltage. The GPS sensor is mounted a short distance above the receiver. The altitude reported is just that height above average sea level. If the GPS sensor is desired to reach the top of the mast splicing a piece of RG59 AT YOUR EXPENSE is necessary, maintaining watertight integrity at the splices and exposed connections. GPS is vital for location, elevation and timing for the receiver.

Since your installation involves a tower you need a waterproof box to contain the receiver, line voltage power source and cable connections. also since the antenna is setup for mast mounting you will need to rig an offset bracket with some elbows and GI pipe nipples to minimize the tower closing off the backside of the antenna and distorting your coverage area. Look for the electrical box at your local junk shop. Good installation practices like drip loops and UV resistant wire ties will increase your installation reliability.

The supplied Low Loss coax and the UTP Cat6 ethernet cable are really overspeced since Low Loss capabilities are at double the 1090 mHZ use and are quite average at what we are using it for. Your local computer networking shop can supply you with UTP cable of any length and attach the ends for you inexpensively.

Here in the Philippines, the DSL terminals have backup power so the internet stays on for up to 8 hours during brownouts scheduled or otherwise.
    In order to keep FR24 online you will need to provide a UPS to power the modem and FR24 receiver unless you have your own generator.

There are times when you may need the capability to switch off the power to the receiver and turn it back on to reboot the receiver so the line voltage line to the receiver enclosure needs to be switched from a convenient place.

If FR24 is still using DHL their local courier in the provinces is 2GO. Your local 2GO office can keep a lookout for your receiver using the DHL tracking number. it's not unusual for the shipment to remain in China for a few days until a flight into Clark is available from which it is trucked to Manila and flew to Tacloban eventually to you.

Keep up with events http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...24-Feeder-Chat and http://forum.flightradar24.com/forums/17-Off-Topic

John

F-RPVD1

Leave a comment:

• peterhr
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Normally we are not rejecting anything, just keep it.
    People might like a 'Not at this time, Thank you, but will review in x months' type mail, they may be thinking of buying their own feeder if you don't supply one...

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Normally we are not rejecting anything, just keep it.

Leave a comment:

• Adelgallego
    replied
    Mike, how do i know if i was rejected? you send emails of rejections too?? or just dont send them??

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
    And the odd blue marker ?
    100 biggest airports.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    We haven't been sending so many receivers to Ireland as we were supposed to have 5-6 professional installations on big towers around Ireland. As this has been postponed for at least 6 months, we decided to send out receivers to hosts now.

Leave a comment:

• mickopla
    replied
    I see at least four or maybe five new hosts coming soon to Ireland. Hopefully this will improve M-LAT coverage to lower altitudes. I'm guessing this is the reason they were approved?

Mike F-EIWF2

Leave a comment:

• Kailrusha
    replied
    We are preparing for one of our largest distribution ever. Almost 60 receivers to countries all around the world. 10+ will be installed on airports.

Black markers - already shipped
    Green markers - will be shipped this week
    I glad my application was accepted, Now i just saw Green Mark on Philippines Leyte. I been finding for quite sometime if anybody sends a Free Weather Station but they are expensive need membership. this ADS-B Host will greatly help our Island specially it was hit by Haiyan Last year. My 90 Foot Tower Survived the Onslaught Last Year. as well as other Tower Located in the Hills of Leyte. If Very thing goes well i can track Plane about 200 kilometers Radius base in elevation i have and the plane @ 30K-40K Feet.

Leave a comment:

• HermanZA
    replied
    And the odd blue marker ?

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    If you right click and download the picture you can view it in bigger size.

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    We are preparing for one of our largest distribution ever. Almost 60 receivers to countries all around the world. 10+ will be installed on airports.

Sounds like a busy time for the despatch centre at Germany.

I wish the map can be a bit bigger so I can tell better where it will be going more precisely.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kucengemok
    replied
    Mr.Mike,do you have installation in Kota Bharu,Kelantan,Malaysia - KBR/WMKC??

Leave a comment:

• icormier
    replied
    Baie-Comeau QC will have now an official ADS-B flightradar24 hoster.

Leave a comment:

• icormier
    replied
    Hello, im on the choosen hoster list. I have receive ADS-B equipment from flightradar24 ! Thank you very much to Mike for help. I will install it in few 48 hours. Please contact me in private to say me how i can get my new premium account and hoster official seal on my profil forum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X