Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Hi,
    The radar T-F4V is disappeared near ZBAA, Beijing, China. Do you know why?
    So, maybe the radar in Beijing is only left mine, but my condition and device is not so good.
    I posted a same thread last week, but it's deleted, I think, why?

    Thanks a lot.

    Comment


    • #47
      By the way, does your device include an antenna?
      thx

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by stargate View Post
        By the way, does your device include an antenna?
        thx
        The Flightradar24.com receiver pack includes an external antenna and cables:

        "The ADS-B receiver that we are sending out is a special Flightradar24 branded unit developed by makers of the Mode-S Beast. The Flightradar24 Box is compact (measuring just 100x60x30mm). It connects directly to your router/modem by Ethernet cable. It doesn't need a PC to run and we supply an external Mode-S antenna, all cables including a GPS antenna for data timing precision."

        Comment


        • #49
          Now we have a dedicated page for applications
          Help Us Increase ADS-B Coverage - Free Equipment Offer

          Comment


          • #50
            Mike here in the Philippines we have no 24/7 coverage from Manila nor the southern islands of the Visayas. We are in a flyway at our location of DGT which is a E & West flyway between the west coast of the US and Singapore and Kuala Lumpor. We are also on the flyway from Australia and China and Taiwan. RPLL1 is only occasionally available.

            From my location and elevation I have unobstructed view N,S and E. On the west is a mountain range but the angle and distance I can see high altitude aircraft in the flyway. Likewise, the S,E are unobstructed being able to track local airlines to Bohol, CDO and Davao and Zamboanga which are on the island of Mindanao.

            I have had reliable internet service for the past 7 years.

            Good Luck in your recruiting.

            Comment


            • #51
              IF I not chosen to use the receiver is scheduled to sell the unit soon

              JWilson PR8 SLZ

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                Mike here in the Philippines we have no 24/7 coverage from Manila nor the southern islands of the Visayas. We are in a flyway at our location of DGT which is a E & West flyway between the west coast of the US and Singapore and Kuala Lumpor. We are also on the flyway from Australia and China and Taiwan. RPLL1 is only occasionally available.

                From my location and elevation I have unobstructed view N,S and E. On the west is a mountain range but the angle and distance I can see high altitude aircraft in the flyway. Likewise, the S,E are unobstructed being able to track local airlines to Bohol, CDO and Davao and Zamboanga which are on the island of Mindanao.

                I have had reliable internet service for the past 7 years.

                Good Luck in your recruiting.
                U applied from the link provided from Mike right?

                Will be good to have another radar around RPLL.

                Comment


                • #53
                  YBCS-2 Cairns Australia will be down for 2 weeks due to holidays , will be back up around the 14th Feb, sorry for any inconvenience

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by sirsteve View Post
                    YBCS-2 Cairns Australia will be down for 2 weeks due to holidays , will be back up around the 14th Feb, sorry for any inconvenience
                    I think this is a first (for me anyway) in FR24 for such notification? thanks for your thoughtfulness. enjoy your holiday Sir.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Are the recievers now on sale and where can i buy one,will then feed from LBA/EGNM

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by loadmaster View Post
                        Are the recievers now on sale and where can i buy one,will then feed from LBA/EGNM
                        Haven't seen any more info about it. and no new info has been posted yet on the other thread with the details. Maybe later this month someone will give an update on it.
                        http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...h-No-price-yet
                        Brian

                        www.RadarSpotters.eu
                        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                          Haven't seen any more info about it. and no new info has been posted yet on the other thread with the details. Maybe later this month someone will give an update on it.
                          http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...h-No-price-yet
                          I am currently using an SDR dongle attached to my Windows Media Center home server. I have it up right now feeding FR24, but I tend to turn it off overnight as I don't record TV at that time usually, and I do occasional reboots for updates/maintenance. This also means I have to keep the antenna indoors (too short of an antenna lead).

                          If I could get a unit/antenna on my balcony, I could feed power there and get a much better view. I think I have excellent coverage for having an indoor antenna, but outside, I can see past Catalina on a clear day. Plus I could run 24/7. It would be very nice to have a reasonably priced receiver, although if the FR24 version isn't cheap, I may go the MK802 or Raspberry Pi/Dongle route outside one that's solution's a little more off-the-shelf.

                          Sidenote: is the bandwidth meter on the FR24 software accurate? (e.g. 0.0MB/0.5MB)? I have a lot of data per day being sent from VRS to FR24 Feed - literally hundreds of megabytes - but is FR24 cutting that down and only sending a little bit? I just want to be sure not to run afoul of my ISP....

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            The sale of the FR24 unit has been postponed until MLAT is ready, as hardware MLAT will make this receiver something special, and not just another ADS-B receiver.

                            The data use of FR24feed software is about 200-600 MB per month depending on coverage.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              The sale of the FR24 unit has been postponed until MLAT is ready, as hardware MLAT will make this receiver something special, and not just another ADS-B receiver.

                              The data use of FR24feed software is about 200-600 MB per month depending on coverage.
                              Sounds good on both fronts - thanks. MLAT capability sounds impressive, and I appreciate the low load on my internet connection. Looks like FR24's software is what I should be watching, not what's being sent from VRS. If you're doing box testing, consider me interested.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Any interest in coverage at MKE? If FR24 can provide a box, I can provide a location near the airport.

                                I suppose ORD is probably more valuable, but worth an ask.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X